Calm down, breathe, we are fine.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth, hearing the lamentations of the women is cracking me up. Relax.

Do I believe Tyrod is the answer, no, but he was our best option RIGHT NOW . We can cut him after next season and its an 8 mill cap hit. That said, I think if anyone can get Tyrod to advance his play at all its Dennison. Tyrod MUST learn to throw with anticipation, use the middle and get rid of the ball in rhythm and on time. 3-5 step drops, roll out, ball gone in 3 seconds tops. Can he? We will see.

Defense: Love the front 4 we are fine there. McDermott said teams are playing Nickle about 60% of the time now with all the passing and he only needs really two good LB's. Let it play out, see what he can do.

DB's. We just signed two and drafted a kid last year, plus this draft is so damn DB deep you can get a 2nd round talent in the 4th round. Relax...McDermott has made a probowler out of a low rounder. We will be fine.

OL: I still want more work at RT, but we will see.

WR: Here is the only area I have a concern. We need a true threat opposite Watkins, but in this offense we need guys who can be smart, really good route runners, do well with RAC and be able to adjust routes based on coverage. WR is deep in the draft, and there are very serviceable Free agents out there.

Right now as it stands I trade down in the first no matter what, twice if we can. By doing that we can still get a 1st round talent at DB or a 1st round talent at WR while grabbing more picks. In the first 3 rounds all I address is WR and CB this year. See what we currently have at LB and change it up next year if need be.

But folks, come on. I love the McDermott hire, I love his defensive system and by it just not being Rex we will greatly improve. On offense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't tell you one way or another how we will be .

I don't think our roster will be any weaker than last year after FA and the Draft.. McDermott is the key... and for that i will just wait and see

The wailing and gnashing of teeth, hearing the lamentations of the women is cracking me up. Relax.

Do I believe Tyrod is the answer, no, but he was our best option RIGHT NOW . We can cut him after next season and its an 8 mill cap hit. That said, I think if anyone can get Tyrod to advance his play at all its Dennison. Tyrod MUST learn to throw with anticipation, use the middle and get rid of the ball in rhythm and on time. 3-5 step drops, roll out, ball gone in 3 seconds tops. Can he? We will see.

Defense: Love the front 4 we are fine there. McDermott said teams are playing Nickle about 60% of the time now with all the passing and he only needs really two good LB's. Let it play out, see what he can do.

DB's. We just signed two and drafted a kid last year, plus this draft is so damn DB deep you can get a 2nd round talent in the 4th round. Relax...McDermott has made a probowler out of a low rounder. We will be fine.

OL: I still want more work at RT, but we will see.

WR: Here is the only area I have a concern. We need a true threat opposite Watkins, but in this offense we need guys who can be smart, really good route runners, do well with RAC and be able to adjust routes based on coverage. WR is deep in the draft, and there are very serviceable Free agents out there.

Right now as it stands I trade down in the first no matter what, twice if we can. By doing that we can still get a 1st round talent at DB or a 1st round talent at WR while grabbing more picks. In the first 3 rounds all I address is WR and CB this year. See what we currently have at LB and change it up next year if need be.

But folks, come on. I love the McDermott hire, I love his defensive system and by it just not being Rex we will greatly improve. On offense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

TT has had 6 years to learn all that stuff. He didn't learn it his first time under Dennison, apparently.

DL: Jerry Hughes is overrated, Shaq has shown nothing, Kyle is getting older but is our lone bright spot, and Dareus is one toke away from missing a year.

DB: Seymour has shown nothing, Poyer is a JAG, losing a top 10 talent in Gilmore is gonna be felt

OL: Fine

WR: Watkins then nothing

RB: Good, especially with our 8 FB's.

I honestly can't tell you one way or another how we will be .

I don't think our roster will be any weaker than last year after FA and the Draft.. McDermott is the key... and for that i will just wait and see

I'm also optimistic about the roster being at least equal to last year. We can't have the same horrible injury luck again, right? Right!!!???

At least our top picks from last year's draft should be ready to go. We could actually be pretty good...

I just realized that they got me again! Oh well, at least it's more enjoyable to be delusionally optimistic

Lol.

The annual "relax we are fine" thread is a bit early this year. We usually get this after the 2nd or 3rd preseason game when we get blown out.

no doubt..it's relax it's only PRE-SEASON....then pretty much all the same crap we "panic" about in preseason happens in the regular season, but that's beside the point, it's way too early for the "relax" posts.

Edited by ricojes

"Fine"? Maybe. Ready for a playoff run? Probably not

Several of our most "talented" players - Dareus, Watkins, Ragland, Lawson, Hughes - were either injured or played very poorly last year. So it is very much a up in the air type of feeling for me.

Not having any WRs seems to alarm everyone... but we didn't have anyone really last year either and everyone wanted us to draft treadwell and doctson... I'd like to see us grab at least SOMEONE though.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKXAAAAJGU4OGE5N2M1LTliZTAtNGFhYi1hNzE1LTJkOGIzMDFiODE3OQ.jpg

Funny how these threads are not only annual now, but take place as someone else noted at free agency (there's still time left to acquire players!) the draft, and of course, in pre-season (they're playing vanilla schemes!).

Remain calm...all is well. :lol:

Edited by BillsVet

I disagree, I'm not saying we're bottom feeders, but after one day of FA, the reality is we lost alot more talent than we gained

I see some pro's, we clearly upgraded at starting/backup FB, and K

And I'm happy we worked things out with TT

But retaining him initself is not a net plus towards a better offense nor overall record in 2017

Sure, I like the cap savings but only if our team uses it to sign top talent which so far we have not

We still lost our #2WR and #3 WR's

We still lost 3/5's of our starting secondary

We still lost 2/3rd's of our starting linebackers

And we only have so many draft picks of which to replace em

Yes, we got some bodies to play safety and a backup guard

But not top 100 FA's or true blue NFL starters

Could one turn out to be like Zach or Lorax, of course, but you're drinking koolaid if you automatically claim it will be so

I would still assert drafting a high level young safety is a need going into this draft

And Corner/WR has become a necessity

And I am concerned these fringe FA signings will nullify 2018 comp picks

Ok, its only day one, lots more to come in the off season

Maybe we resign Zach next week, or a #3 WR, or a nickel corner

But let's be honest and say fans in other NFL cities have lots more to be excited about...

jc