Calm down, breathe, we are fine.

I'm really glad we got rid of the Ryans and look forward to see what coach McD brings. I am confident that he'll be much better than the horror show we saw last year...... The one thing that doesn't change however, is that just like the last 16 years, we are likely looking at a WC spot...competing with 12 teams vs 3 is a much taller task.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like reading postings about how we'll be fine because i think so too. I really want to read more about this plan. I was having coffee with my buddy Lou yesterday and he thinks mario williams would be a good player this year. I told him he's already on the Bills and he should read the paper more. Smilee. I felt funny correcting him but mario will preform better with our new coach.

:lol: :lol: Howard you are my favorite new poster.

I'm really glad we got rid of the Ryans and look forward to see what coach McD brings. I am confident that he'll be much better than the horror show we saw last year...... The one thing that doesn't change however, is that just like the last 16 years, we are likely looking at a WC spot...competing with 12 teams vs 3 is a much taller task.

Playing the Pats twice a season, then a 3rd time in all likelihood to win a championship is a tall order for any team in the NFL.

On the other hand its a New Era in Buffalo,

with a new sheriff in town,

goes by the name McDermott...

I don't know why anyone is worried right now. They did the right thing with Taylor, and with clearing some cap space. Good fa signings so far.

I keep seeing 17 years, but that's meaningless. The Pegulas are new. McDermott is new. And I love everything I've seen from him so far.

This is a good team with lots of talent on both sides. Rex was just terrible

Edited by Success

I actually feel more optimistic than I have in a while. Not for this year but for the future. The last few years the team has been run like a Madden franchise and every season has been an "all in" season.

Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can move forward. Losing Gilmore, Woods, etc. hurts, but the added cap space takes the sting out of it. Freeing up cap space to gain the flexibility to build the roster to the coach's liking with an eye to year 3 is more likely to lead to sustained success than continuing the overanxious pattern of the last half decade.

Right now I feel pretty much the same as I did last year at the same time. I have a good idea of what the offense will look like, and no idea what to expect from the defense. But I feel better about the defense with McDermott than I did with Rex. We will see.

Everyone is complaining about how much we lost.... Its not like we are losing the key part of a winning team. The same post says all our players are bad.... Then who cares if they walk? Gilmore was not key to us winning any games, we werent a good D WITH HIM..... Bob Woods....never took over any games that he will be missed. Goodwin....please....

People complaining just to complain. If you hate everything that they are doing before they even do it, just become an NFL fan and stop posting.

So am I UDFA, but scheme, formations, and coaching aside, you still need a boatload of talented players, of which alot just walked out the door, with very little coming back in return, though if played right, and we get 2018 comp picks, I won't complain about that

Nor am I going on ad infinitum about losing Gilmore and or Woods, both signings are bad deals, so while I wish we would have at least given Woods a reasonable offer during the season, I am fully supportive of not matching those FA offers

What I will complain about is not taking the savings we just got from TT, and or the players we released, and bringing in additional talent to make up for what we lost in FA, otherwise what's the point of making those cost saving moves?

Remember how excited this fanbase was when we went out and signed Clay, or traded for Shady, or signed Mario, you can look back and criticize those moves, it did not result in winning seasons, but at least as fans we could be more excited about the upcoming season, plus the luxury of being able to watch some higher skilled players play for us on Sunday's, its not a crime to wish our team would go out and get a top 50 FA this off season, and or try to upgrade the talent with a bonafide starter at any given position, other teams do it, why can't we?

JC

I actually feel more optimistic than I have in a while. Not for this year but for the future. The last few years the team has been run like a Madden franchise and every season has been an "all in" season.

Sometimes you have to take a step back before you can move forward. Losing Gilmore, Woods, etc. hurts, but the added cap space takes the sting out of it. Freeing up cap space to gain the flexibility to build the roster to the coach's liking with an eye to year 3 is more likely to lead to sustained success than continuing the overanxious pattern of the last half decade.

and wouldn't it be something If when all expectations have been lowered for the upcoming season,

and deservedly so,

Buffalo makes the playoffs...

and wouldn't it be something If when all expectations have been lowered for the upcoming season,

and deservedly so,

Buffalo makes the playoffs...

I give the Bills a better chance to end the drought in 2017 than I did in 2016 under Wrecks Ryan, that is for damn sure. Gilmore or no Gilmore.

I give the Bills a better chance to end the drought in 2017 than I did in 2016 under Wrecks Ryan, that is for damn sure. Gilmore or no Gilmore.

How can a team that led the league in rushing not get better defending the run.

So am I UDFA, but scheme, formations, and coaching aside, you still need a boatload of talented players, of which alot just walked out the door, with very little coming back in return, though if played right, and we get 2018 comp picks, I won't complain about that

Nor am I going on ad infinitum about losing Gilmore and or Woods, both signings are bad deals, so while I wish we would have at least given Woods a reasonable offer during the season, I am fully supportive of not matching those FA offers

What I will complain about is not taking the savings we just got from TT, and or the players we released, and bringing in additional talent to make up for what we lost in FA, otherwise what's the point of making those cost saving moves?

Remember how excited this fanbase was when we went out and signed Clay, or traded for Shady, or signed Mario, you can look back and criticize those moves, it did not result in winning seasons, but at least as fans we could be more excited about the upcoming season, plus the luxury of being able to watch some higher skilled players play for us on Sunday's, its not a crime to wish our team would go out and get a top 50 FA this off season, and or try to upgrade the talent with a bonafide starter at any given position, other teams do it, why can't we?

JC

I actually had to go back and check the time stamp on your post. Just in case it was from last year or something. As I write this reply the FA is just under 24 HOURS old and you are this down??

OH MY!!

Edited by cd1

How do you know I'm a him?

Quote him

Shirley doesn't post on here unless there are recipes so i know your a guy. Even though i'm in my 70's doesn't mean i dont know how guys are. Like when Sid Machetti asked me to show him how the card catalog worked in grammar school. I went to the cabinet for N and found nuckle and showed him what a nuckle sandwich was. Thats how I communicate with smart alicks like that. Not you but others you know.

I like reading postings about how we'll be fine because i think so too. I really want to read more about this plan. I was having coffee with my buddy Lou yesterday and he thinks mario williams would be a good player this year. I told him he's already on the Bills and he should read the paper more. Smilee. I felt funny correcting him but mario will preform better with our new coach.

Quote him

Howard, you and Lou should pay more attention instead of getting high on coffee. Mario has been off the team for a whole year.

Quote him

Shirley doesn't post on here unless there are recipes so i know your a guy. Even though i'm in my 70's doesn't mean i dont know how guys are. Like when Sid Machetti asked me to show him how the card catalog worked in grammar school. I went to the cabinet for N and found nuckle and showed him what a nuckle sandwich was. Thats how I communicate with smart alicks like that. Not you but others you know.

Sid was cruisin' for a bruisin'!