So far Bills Secondary appears to be weaker for 2017

gjv001

Cool story

exactly, only in second day of fa and the draft still ahead which is very deep in cb and safety. Glad we didnt pay gilmore $15 mil a year and while i liked aw, he barely played the last two years and would be a huge risk again this year

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you actually need to play to be better...

O i got it. OBD always hits gold in your eyes

Fact is Secondary is worse ALOT worse

Not tell me something like UFa isnt over or still have the draft

Edited by MAJBobby

Hyde might just be an upgrade over AW. Gilmore is not a top 5 CB. While he was good,he didn't deserve 14mil a year.We have the draft to replace him,and if we get one that can actually tackle,it'll be yet another upgrade...imo. We don't necessarily need another "lock down" corner to play in a new zone scheme. It'll be rough to start a rookie,but we'll be ok,I think

gilmore was not elite, no great loss. williams was one hit away from ending his career, he should retire.anyone who can come to any conclusion of fail or succeed at this juncture is nothing more than speculation on their part.

when the roster is set, then one can put a fair assessment on the secondary.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Hyde might just be an upgrade over AW. Gilmore is not a top 5 CB. While he was good,he didn't deserve 14mil a year.We have the draft to replace him,and if we get one that can actually tackle,it'll be yet another upgrade...imo. We don't necessarily need another "lock down" corner to play in a new zone scheme. It'll be rough to start a rookie,but we'll be ok,I think

Might want to go read about Hyde and his lack of tackling and then reas how Darby has looked lost in Zone Concepts in FSU

gilmore was not elite, no great loss. williams was one hit away from ending his career, he should retire.anyone who can come to any conclusion of fail or succeed at this juncture is nothing more than speculation on their part.

when the roster is set, then one could put a fair assessment on the secondary.

Multiple Time SB champs disagree with your assessment on Gilmore

Ever watch him in FSU in Zone coverage? Just laughable

Well here's what his draft profile says.

I'm guessing all the film, not broadcast view from your TV, but the film you watched you disagree?

Strengths

Former high school track star with "world-class speed." Can change directions suddenly with few false steps. Has requisite body control to handle the strain of press-man coverage. Easy swivel to his hips with ability to open, run and hit top speed quickly. Plays with instincts and awareness. Ready to come off his man to overlap and contest a catch or make a tackle. Digests combo routes and helps teammates lineup before snap. Recognizes route development and makes early break on throws. Ball-tracker with excellent timing to high-point and disrupt the catch. Lack of on-ball production tied to quarterbacks avoiding him. Technically proficient with hand usage in press and maintains feel for receiver. Constricts throwing windows in zone coverage. Steps downhill and attacks against the run.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ronald-darby?id=2552689

Appears? It is a tire fire

However be ready to be flamed. The Rose color glasses of "no matter who the Bills sign it is an awesome signing" are out in full force last two days

or "no matter who the Bills sign it is an awful signing"

I loooooove seeing this. hahah the best team, a coaching staff in the NFL believes he does. I'll go with their perspective over anyone's on this board.

we will miss Gilmore.

when the roster is set, then one can put a fair assessment on the secondary.

Losing Gilmore is a big loss....

I'm guessing all the film, not broadcast view from your TV, but the film you watched you disagree?

Strengths

Former high school track star with "world-class speed." Can change directions suddenly with few false steps. Has requisite body control to handle the strain of press-man coverage. Easy swivel to his hips with ability to open, run and hit top speed quickly. Plays with instincts and awareness. Ready to come off his man to overlap and contest a catch or make a tackle. Digests combo routes and helps teammates lineup before snap. Recognizes route development and makes early break on throws. Ball-tracker with excellent timing to high-point and disrupt the catch. Lack of on-ball production tied to quarterbacks avoiding him. Technically proficient with hand usage in press and maintains feel for receiver. Constricts throwing windows in zone coverage. Steps downhill and attacks against the run.

Does FSU run only zone coverage? I find it pretty odd that Bobby would remember how well Darby played in a particular coverage, Darby was a surprise pick and you were watching his tendencies in zone? Common man

I loooooove seeing this. hahah the best team, a coaching staff in the NFL believes he does. I'll go with their perspective over anyone's on this board.

we will miss Gilmore.

fair enough. My point tho is,we didn't need his skill set at that price to run a zone scheme.

Strengths

I watched him LIVE. He gets lost when eyes go in backfield. Which is exactly why he has Ball tracking Problems.

He will struggle in zone concepts because he gets lost when eyes go in backfield.

Does FSU run only zone coverage? I find it pretty odd that Bobby would remember how well Darby played in a particular coverage, Darby was a surprise pick and you were watching his tendencies in zone? Common man

Of course you find it odd. Probably never went and watched the college team by were you were at once in your life. And or noone can know anything right. We are all just sheep fans. Lol