So far Bills Secondary appears to be weaker for 2017

gjv001

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooo yeah this Carolina Fan knows but another fan doesnt. Nice. Got it you dont like what i say. Cool and i could also be wrong. But i also onow what i have watched and i know the way i have seen something. And i stand by my watching and looking at a player.

Try it sometime instead of just taking other peoples word for it. It is kinda fun in life to be out there on your own

Bobby you can just admit your wrong and it was a misleading thing to post. How can your eyes see something and make a determination on something that he isn't even playing!? He played zone less than 6 snaps per game, one target, he wasn't even FSU's best corner. So if you were there "scouting" what exactly did you see!? The whole thing seems disingenuous at best.

Plenty of low hanging fruit for anyone looking to be critical of the Bills, let's just keep to truths.

Edited by Commonsense

Pure Talent wise, Aaron Williams is better than Hyde IMO. But Williams hasn't been the same player since the neck injury and he really hasn't shined since 2013 under Pettine. I thought he was less effective under Schwartz which is a similar D to what we will play going forward.

Gilmore, on his worst day, is still a top 20 DB in the NFL. I don't think he is a top 5 CB in the NFL, but the Bills could have locked him up a long time ago for less. The debate shouldn't be about should we pay him $14/yr, but about why did they try to slow play his contract as it's cost was rising the closer he got to FA.

I don't think many GM's or coaches in the NFL would trade Stephon Gilmore and Aaron Williams for Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer.

talk money

Gilmore ($14 mil) , Arron Williams ($6 mil), Robey ($2 mil) = $22 mil & likely cut corey graham ($5) = $27 mil total

Hyde ($6 mil) and Poyer ($4 mil ??) = $10 mil

you still have as much as $12 - 17 mil to spend......

How do you figure?

They got by with Jordan Mills at RT thanks to Tyrod last season.

Because Of the lack of throwing we will do. Everyone can talk balanced etc but none of their UFA actions show that. Thought last year was run heavy.

So really the RT is more of a concern from me to make sure Shady has a year. Thats why i look at it that way.

Oooo and really the OTs are not good in the draft so i would like to get that OT from UFA

Hyde is a HUGE upgrade over who the Bills had at safety, because Aaron Williams can't play football any more. It stinks, but he's done. So the Bills have clearly lost talent at the CB position but actually gained talent at S.

Bobby you can just admit your wrong and it was a misleading thing to post. How can your eyes see something and make a determination on something that he isn't even playing!? He played zone less than 6 snaps per game, one target, he wasn't even FSU's best corner. So if you were there "scouting" what exactly did you see!? The whole thing seems disingenuous at best.

Plenty of low hanging fruit for anyone looking to be critical of the Bills, let's just keep to truths.

Again he played zoneless than 6 snaps ans i TGT because a fan no different than me said so?

talk money

Gilmore ($14 mil) , Arron Williams ($6 mil), Robey ($2 mil) = $22 mil & likely cut corey graham ($5) = $27 mil total

Yep cheaper but also lesser talent

talk money

That's not how it works.

AW saved us $1.7M, not $6.

Gilmore didn't save us $14M, that's not an addition.

Like to see them add another quality corner in FA giving them more flexibility in the draft.

I won't be a fan of a corner with their 10th overall pick. QB, WR or Pass rusher.... or a trade down.

Not even if it's Lattimore, a guy who's been ranked in the top three overall in multiple draft boards?

One thing I'll never get (and i'm not accusing you of this), is that people will proclaim loudly how it's a passing league, then will draw the conclusion that it means teams need a superior passing quarterback to keep up. Not that it's not vital to have a solid QB, but that seems like clearly flawed logic to me; if it's a passing league, you need good CORNERBACKS to counter the stout passing attacks. How your team gets your points is irrelevant as long as you get them. In fact, if the league is skewed towards passing attacks and defenses are adjusting thusly, it would seem a different sort of offensive philosophy would be more likely to catch your opponents off guard.

I'm all for picking Lattimore/Adams/Hooker if they fall to us. I tend towards rose-colored glasses, yes, and don't think we should have re-signed Gilmore at that rate nor that considering how often he played we lose much going from AW to Hyde (other than a great team player i'm sad to not still have on the team), but do still feel as it stands our secondary is beyond inadequate. However, it is still the first 24 hours of free agency.

Edited by thurst44

Again he played zoneless than 6 snaps ans i TGT because a fan no different than me said so?

The scouting report written by a scout says he constricts windows in zone coverage. That's a positive.

But yet from your couch watching a broadcast view from your TV....you say he's laughable.

Who should I believe has better knowledge?

AW is a better player than Hyde

Just the neck is a major concern obviously

Williams is a better safety than Hyde. But as far as versatility and durability, Hyde has more value as a player. I'll take slightly reduced safety play for a full season of play. JMO

To be fair that guy was talking about the exact games he watched, made a chart, used stats and numbers, all you have given is I went to a game and he struggled.

I think the former guy has more credibility at this time, so yes

If you want to give more details then maybe the people who disagree with you will change their minds

Edited by Bray Wyatt