So far Bills Secondary appears to be weaker for 2017

gjv001

This would be a concern if a)The season started Sunday, b) Poyer was actually the CB replacing Gilmore and c) we knew for sure Aaron was going to be available all season and a better fit for this D than Hyde. Since none of those things are true, I'll save the outrage until I see the final roster in 7 months.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also,we've seen the Pats overpay for some of our other FA's as well. Was anybody here willing to give Hogan that kind of money? At that price,it didn't fit our needs or scheme. Neither did Gilmore's price.just my opinion of course

4M a year hmmm see what WRs are signing for this year that really is a bargin

Goodwin just got 4M a year

Might want to go read about Hyde and his lack of tackling and then reas how Darby has looked lost in Zone Concepts in FSU

Multiple Time SB champs disagree with your assessment on Gilmore

we shall see. they have picked up players in the past that have not met their expectations, gilmore could fall in to that catagory or he could become the greatest of all time at his position like some seem to think he is. I guess the poor play he showed last season was just a slump he was going through or he just gave up on the team? either way, he looked pretty bad and just because he went to the almighty patsies doesn't convince me he is elite or going to be...just my opinion

We will miss Gilmore. Either we did not target or could not sign some of the other top free agent corners. Would not be overly concerned except that we now have too many other holes, including at WR. We were not very good last year, and we are worse in terms of talent and depth as of now. The draft cannot fill all of these holes, as we learned once again last year. Feel like we are treading water at best.

I watched him LIVE. He gets lost when eyes go in backfield. Which is exactly why he has Ball tracking Problems.

He will struggle in zone concepts because he gets lost when eyes go in backfield.

I'd also like to point out that NOBODY has said that Darby is a lock for being our starter on team come opening day...

Of course you find it odd. Probably never went and watched the college team by were you were at once in your life. And or noone can know anything right. We are all just sheep fans. Lol

No I'm as critical as anyone of the Bills, but making off the wall statements that don't even mesh with his scouting report is beyond me. Plenty of things to be critical of,

I don't need to pretend I was watching Darby's eyes at FSU while he was in zone coverage.

I watched him LIVE. He gets lost when eyes go in backfield. Which is exactly why he has Ball tracking Problems.

He will struggle in zone concepts because he gets lost when eyes go in backfield.

His ball trackinh problems are on deep balls.

So you know more about his play than a scout who wrote this scouting report?

Where's the film you said you watched? Broadcast view from your TV is not film. I don't think you know the difference.

4M a year hmmm see what WRs are signing for this year that really is a bargin

Goodwin just got 4M a year

was that a good price for US to pay for his services? That's the question, not wether or not he was worth that money for the Pats...

No I'm as critical as anyone of the Bills, but making off the wall statements that don't even mesh with his scouting report is beyond me. Plenty of things to be critical of,

I don't need to pretend I was watching Darby's eyes at FSU while he was in zone coverage.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. He just wants to be dramatic and cry.

I am not pretending anything. There Re many scouting reports that talk about his ball tracking abaility. And that happens when his eyes went into the backfield. It happened at FSU and it jas happened here and been talked about by out own coaches.

But again guess we all just make **** up and really dont know anything about football

was that a good price for US to pay for his services? That's the question, not wether or not he was worth that money for the Pats...

Help get them yet another ring so i am sure they are ok with that 4M they gave Hogan

Of course it is weaker. There is no debate. The Bills lost their #1 Corner. You can say that the Patriots overpaid but you can't dispute that the Bills just lost the hardest piece to find in a secondary. #1 Corners don't fall from the sky. There is reason teams pay $$$$ for them in FA.

His ball trackinh problems are on deep balls.

So you know more about his play than a scout who wrote this scouting report?

Where's the film you said you watched? Broadcast view from your TV is not film. I don't think you know the difference.

Thank you for explaining that too me. I really just never knew that wow learning so much from the condescending window lickers around here

WR and secondary are a concern. Still the offense was pretty damn good with the trash they threw out their at WR last season.

They need to make some more signings, but I think they are counting on the coaching(specifically on defense) to be much better.

I am more concerned with RT than WR because of who the QB is.

We haven't even gotten Gilmore's replacement yet, of course we look a lot worse now.

I think AW for Hyde is a wash as AW could never play consistently (injuries, not talent) and Hyde appears to be the one who will be getting the defense set and making the play calls, which is one of his strengths and was a huge problem for us last year.

Lets see who we get to replace Gilmore before we can make a definitive statement. If we are going with just Darby and Seymour then I don't know how anyone can say we got better. However, I do think we can find someone who fits this D for a decent price who will provide similar to Gilmore.

The thing is the scheme change a lone should be the biggest improvement imo. While losing Gilmore sucks, I don't think it is as drastic or detrimental to the team as some are making it out to be

Edited by Bray Wyatt

I am not pretending anything. There Re many scouting reports that talk about his ball tracking abaility. And that happens when his eyes went into the backfield. It happened at FSU and it jas happened here and been talked about by out own coaches.

But again guess we all just make **** up and really dont know anything about football

Help get them yet another ring so i am sure they are ok with that 4M they gave Hogan

Hey check this out http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/113989-ronald-darby-coverage-breakdown/

This Carolina fan broke down 6 games of Darby's while he was at FSU. He played zone just 34 times in those 6 games and was targeted once.

Good job as always Bobby. He played zone less than 6 snaps per game, was targeted once. Yet WonderBobby knows that Darby will be a horror show in zone coverage 3 years later. Awesome.

Edited by Commonsense

Like to see them add another quality corner in FA giving them more flexibility in the draft.

I won't be a fan of a corner with their 10th overall pick. QB, WR or Pass rusher.... or a trade down.

If they do, then look for Jerraud Powers of BAL. Frazier connection. Versatility. Starting & playing experience.

"Powers signed a one-year deal with the Ravens last May after being a regular starter with the Arizona Cardinals the three years prior. He came to Baltimore to transition to being a slot cornerback who could provide versatility by playing on the outside, and did just that."

. . .

"Powers' versatility is one of his best assets. A smart player who has 88 career starts under his belt in eight seasons, Powers has seen it all."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Free-Agency-Primer-Ravens-CB-Jerraud-Powers/81a47b60-ce58-4a76-a930-9b765bfebd7a

Hey check this out http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/113989-ronald-darby-coverage-breakdown/

This Carolina fan broke down 6 games of Darby's while he was at FSU. He played zone just 34 times in those 6 games and was targeted once.

Good job as always Bobby.

Oooo yeah this Carolina Fan knows but another fan doesnt. Nice. Got it you dont like what i say. Cool and i could also be wrong. But i also onow what i have watched and i know the way i have seen something. And i stand by my watching and looking at a player.

Try it sometime instead of just taking other peoples word for it. It is kinda fun in life to be out there on your own

Oooo yeah this Carolina Fan knows but another fan doesnt. Nice. Got it you dont like what i say. Cool and i could also be wrong. But i also onow what i have watched and i know the way i have seen something. And i stand by my watching and looking at a player.

Try it sometime instead of just taking other peoples word for it. It is kinda fun in life to be out there on your own

What film have you watched on Darby?