Houston traded Osweiler to Cleveland

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think its not a bad move by Cleveland IF they draft a QB in the first round. They got tons of cap space for him. They get a 2nd round pick in return for osweiller. They can play osweiler as the bridge QB this year and let the rookie learn. Then can probably cut him after this year or the year after. The trade looks a lot worse than it is in my opinion

Edited by billsfan11

Huston is an Instant contender now if they get Romo, which is going to happen for sure...... The Browns are still the NFL laughing stock. Its a shame because I like coach Jackson.

Why do you think it's going to happen for sure? My money would still be on Denver.

ain't ya glad we got Whaley?

I mean, could you imagine if anything close to that happened here?!?

What would this board be like if we picked up Tyrod's original option, then had to waste a 2nd round pick just to get him off the roster?

I personally think its not a bad move by Cleveland IF they draft a QB in the first round. They got tons of cap space for him. They get a 2nd round pick in return for osweiller. They can play osweiler as the bridge QB this year and let the rookie learn. Then can probably cut him after this year or the year after. The trade looks a lot worse than it is in my opinion

How does it look bad at all for Cleveland?

I mean, could you imagine if anything close to that happened here?!?

What would this board be like if we picked up Tyrod's original option, then had to waste a 2nd round pick just to get him off the roster?

and he still leaves 9 mill in dead Cap in Houston.

Why do you think it's going to happen for sure? My money would still be on Denver.

Why would Houston free up money at QB is they are not going after Romo or another starter? They dont have any other real QBs

You use that money to bring in good players, not a bum QB and a draft pick down the road

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/90818/browns-open-free-agency-with-more-than-100-million-in-salary-cap-room

They have over 100 million dollars they can spend and they need to spend 60 plus to get to the salary cap floor. Doing this makes more sense then signing a bad contract. They aren't ready to win yet, why would they overpay a FA to come there? This comes off the books next year.

Why would Houston free up money at QB is they are not going after Romo or another starter? They dont have any other real QBs

Oh, I expect them to go after him. But going after and landing are two entirely different things.

What are you people talking about? That's a great move by the Browns. They basically got a second round pick for nothing. They have tonnes of cap space.

THIS! What a great move by BOTH teams. Great trade for Houston as Brock is awful, and yes they lose a 2nd round pick, but they got a ton of cap space to go in a different direction as the Brock deal was a colossal mistake. Browns absorb a contract they have room for while they rebuild and pick up another great asset in a loaded draft.

Basically Cle bought a 2nd round pick in this draft...a very good draft to do so and it wont hurt them in anyway. Houston paid a price to get away from Brock, but it absolutely puts Houston in a MUCH better position moving forward to be rid of that dead weight QB eating a ton of cap room and handcuffing that team from getting better.