Bills to sign former Seahawks K Steven Hauschka

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great move. Carpenter was awful at FGs last year (76%) and below average the year before. Bills just signed a kicker who ranks 3rd all-time in FG percentage at 87.2%. He is behind Justin Tucker (best in business) and Dan Bailey and ranks just ahead of Stephen Gostkowski. I know he had an off year last year but that was still better that Carpenter. Traditionally his kickoffs are good and he has the leg to make 50+ yard FGs.

According to Metrics, FG% year to year is among the most widely varying stat and has almost no correlation to past performance

This could be considered a little bit of an upgrade and not only because of kickoffs.

50+ field goals in career:

Hauschka- 67% (16-24)

Carpenter- 59% (24-41)

We will still have some extra point drama though unfortunately.

McD is a defensive coach yes or do I have to educate you on that? oh I did! duh xD

I don't get the sense that you could educate me on much. Your statement was not reflective of the coaching, but off the signing of a kicker. I am well aware of the background of our new HC, it was the way that you deduced that signing Haushka meant we would be heavily reliant on defence.

I hate the extra point rule. A skinny soccer player kicking the ball should have as little impact as possible in an NFL game.

but has been an intregal part of the game for years. No need to upset the delicate balance of tradition. But with the new rules,we need ONE guy to count on...hopefully he's it

well, he's a kicker, a replacement. can only hope he makes the kick...

they seem to be getting to work here in the last couple days with the signings and putting things together. draft should be interesting and before we know it, they'll be in camp. I'm actually pretty pumped about the season ahead.