Bills signing RB/FB Mike Tolbert

@mikerodak

Bills will sign RB/FB Mike Tolbert, source tells @JordanRaanan.

I don't hate this - hope the money is right.

I expect him to be the "receiving" FB and probably a special teams and short yardage running back.

As he was released - he also should not count against our FA signings - potentially a good sign.

I will give Whaley props on this and hope it works out. Bringing in guys the coach wants - another good sign.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate this - hope the money is right.

I expect him to be the "receiving" FB and probably a special teams and short yardage running back.

As he was released - he also should not count against our FA signings - potentially a good sign.

I will give Whaley props on this and hope it works out. Bringing in guys the coach wants - another good sign.

1 year, 1 million

This is what new coaches do, they bring in a few of their guys. Not gonna get upset over a $1 million contract. I am very curious to see what we do about WRs.

Yes - which also likely means McDermott knows he brings something with regard to intangibles - leadership, work ethic, mentoring etc.

He's no LeGarrette Blount. Tolbert is shorter, slower, fatter with 114 yards all last season. Didn't crack the rotation even when Carolina's 1st stringers went down which always happens. Guaranteed to slow down the game and force punts if he plays. Anybody with an OL can gain a yard. Winning appears to be secondary to McDermott. What a coward.

I always liked Tolbert and wanted to see him in Buffalo going back to his days in San Diego even.............but he's pretty old now so I'm not expecting much and this is basically a zero cap hit......somebody has to fill that spot so no big deal.

RB's are FB, TB or HB's.

so being a RB/FB is redundant. He is a FB/HB. Unless you get to the wishbone stuff, TB, HB and FB is all ya gotta know.

not picking on anyone, at all!... but it is stuff like this that shows how water down and dumbed down most football has become.

Edited by Boyst62

He's no LeGarrette Blount. Tolbert is shorter, slower, fatter with 114 yards all last season. Didn't crack the rotation even when Carolina's 1st stringers went down which always happens. Guaranteed to slow down the game and force punts if he plays. Anybody with an OL can gain a yard. Winning appears to be secondary to McDermott. What a coward.

Strong take to glean from a signing of a FB / ST guy. The Bills have had trouble gaining a yard on third/ fourth and short for as long as I can remember.

well, duh. No kidding , of course winning is secondary. Love some of these new members- It's kinda like other countries sending their worst citizens here.