Bills signing RB/FB Mike Tolbert

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a short yardage rusher. How does this mean we are just a run heavy team? Who doesn't have a short yardage back?!

anyone who is a RB, should at the very least be a short yardage back.

Hell, Tyrod is a short yardage back when he scrambles on 3&2.

Don't be surprised if Tolbert is just a veteran camp presence...

You mean the 3rd string power RB who signed for the vet minimum isn't an integral part of the offense?

Oh, I forgot, "LOL TWO FB STUPID BILLS" is the narrative we're supposed to eat up.

Please tell me this is true....not a dollar guaranteed. I would rather find the next FRED or Gillislee than a past his limited prime Tolbert.

Edited by billsfan714

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case either. Vet minimum deal, good locker room guy, basically McDermott throwing him a chance to stick, and if not no big deal it's just a vet minimum deal.

This is an underrated signing. Tolbert is a "heart and soul" player - he runs over defenders, fires up his teammates, and the fans love him. For the price and role they signed him for, he's basically an on-field character coach to help McDermott with the transition.

This is an underrated signing. Tolbert is a "heart and soul" player - he runs over defenders, fires up his teammates, and the fans love him. For the price and role they signed him for, he's basically an on-field character coach to help McDermott with the transition.

M&T, are you listening?

He's no LeGarrette Blount. Tolbert is shorter, slower, fatter with 114 yards all last season. Didn't crack the rotation even when Carolina's 1st stringers went down which always happens. Guaranteed to slow down the game and force punts if he plays. Anybody with an OL can gain a yard. Winning appears to be secondary to McDermott. What a coward.

a coward? Holy s* man,let's see how the roster plays out first.while I think we could've grabbed another back in a deep draft this year,a mil is pretty cheap for a pass catching FB&short yardage ace. Not to mention his familiarity with coach

Does he also go by Boobie?