The Pegula's are bad owners.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer to see Whaley be more assertive in his job, but it isn't the way he works from what I can tell. He partners with his HC to get things done that his HC wants.

And having the GM and HC in synch isn't baddie long as you're not changing coaches every couple years, which has been our biggest problem.

KeepMcDermott for an extended time period so the two together can establish a philosophy and then get players to match.

Well, here goes another rant thread. Enjoy it. Honestly, if Bon Jovi group won, I think I'd know what Toronto is going to do with two huge parklands that are being held up for development in this real-estate crazed town. I honestly do NOT mind it at all folks. One site is downtown right on the lake. The other is uptown with TWO huge subway stations next to it and main highway access. Both would be gorgeous sites for NFL stadium. Go ahead, scream them out of town.

Edited by CanadianFan

Well, here goes another rant thread. Enjoy it. Honestly, if Bon Jovi group won, I think I'd know what Toronto is going to do with two huge parklands that are being held up for development in this real-estate crazed town. I honestly do NOT mind it at all folks. One site is downtown right on the lake. The other is uptown with TWO huge subway stations next to it and main highway access. Both would be gorgeous sites for NFL stadium. Go ahead, scream them out of town.

Well done thank you. Some people will never get that.

This thread is going to be crazy, but I'll throw in my two cents:

When they kept Russ Brandon/Berchtold, I hated it, but understood why you would want to see how the operation runs and evaluate it.

When they hired Rex Ryan, I hated it and as the story of how it went down surfaced, I started to question their ownership.

When they promoted Russ Brandon to basically run PS&E and all their sports teams, they lost me.

I think they mean well and prefer that to a cheap owner, but I think they've made massive organizational mistakes, the likes of which only have served to extend our drought and constant dysfunctional tendencies. They do seem to be learning and adapting, which I admire. I also give them respect for cutting loose with Rex and eating that contract. It takes a man to admit when they're wrong, and though it set us back, I am grateful we're not wondering how Rex will find ways to lose next season.

They are good people but they seem pretty bad at running a football team.

First of all they keep Doug Whaley as GM (which a lot of people thought he should have been gone)

Ok fine... Then it's reported that Whaley wants a new QB, and Mcdermott wants to keep Taylor... AND ownership ends up siding with the coach over the GM?

How do you keep a GM and then not even listen to him?

This is just baffling... winning teams don't operate like this.

Of course, it all depends upon how much of the above is actually true, not? What if Whaley was OK with keeping Tyrod on a restructured contract and that's just what happened?

What if the folks who wanted to move on were FO bean counters, and they have been placated with the restructure?

What if *gasp* the coach and GM actually did have different viewpoints, but they sat down together and <shhhh> worked things out <endshhhh>

The Pegs kept the team in Buffalo. That "trumps" anything that has happened afterward. They want to win, all owners do. The more you win the more money you make. They allowed themselves to be duped by Rex Ryan. Now the cleansing has taken place. I fully expect McDermott to turn this thing around.

The Bills remain in Buffalo. Rex was a mistake. Rex is gone. I'll judge Whaley after he's had time to work with what seems to be "his" coach. Winning isn't easy and we are middle of the pack there with a horrible HC. In my mind, it's way too early to judge them.

Oh, and the Bills remain in Buffalo. :)

I know it's a different sport but I remember Mike Babcock, when he was introduced as the Leafs coach, and took the time out to thank the Pegula's for considering him and said the Pegula's will be rock stars as far as owners go.

I'm sure it's no different at all with opinions around the NFL. I do believe Kraft and Jones have had very favorable things to say about the Pegula's.

They have yet to have success on the ice or gridiron, but that is coming.....they are building solid foundations with both teams.

Of course, it all depends upon how much of the above is actually true, not? What if Whaley was OK with keeping Tyrod on a restructured contract and that's just what happened?

What if the folks who wanted to move on were FO bean counters, and they have been placated with the restructure?

What if *gasp* the coach and GM actually did have different viewpoints, but they sat down together and <shhhh> worked things out <endshhhh>

What if......that doesn't fit his agenda?

Let's not look at the WHOLE universe of possibilities if some don't suit us!

They are good people but they seem pretty bad at running a football team.

First of all they keep Doug Whaley as GM (which a lot of people thought he should have been gone)

Ok fine... Then it's reported that Whaley wants a new QB, and Mcdermott wants to keep Taylor... AND ownership ends up siding with the coach over the GM?

How do you keep a GM and then not even listen to him?

This is just baffling... winning teams don't operate like this.

it was also reported that TT was going to be cut, then kept, then cut , then kept..... we should be past this type of posting by now.