Tyrod's new restructured contract - the details

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the deals the Osweiler got and it looks like Glennon is going to get, this makes Whaley look canny as hell.

I will take TT over those two any day, and he's getting a very team friendly contract that leaves it open to take a flier on a project QB this year or a serious pick next year and let him acclimate and not throw him into the fire like we did EJ.

@viccarucci

Under restructured deal w #Bills, Tyrod Taylor gets $7M signing bonus. Cap value for '17 goes from $16M to just under $10M.

Tyrod Taylor's restructured deal w #Bills covers 5 years total. After the first 2 years, it becomes a year-to-year agreement.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/08/bills-restructure-taylor-contract-keep-team/

@sharpfootball

Tyrod Taylor now carries the cheapest starting vet-QB cap hit in the NFL (assuming RGIII done in CLE). Nice restructure, a page from NE.

and only 7m up front means a cut after two is only $4.2m dead, theoretically if years 3 and beyond are non guaranteed and there isnt some option bonus next year that will force us to want to restructue.

I hope not lol. I mean McDermott came out and stated that he studied and really likes TT as a player and person. Also stated that he and DW believe this is the best situation for the organization.

Great stuff. I hope not either.

Sounds like they converted $7m of his $12m 2017 salary to a bonus. What happened to the $15m option bonus? Is he really getting a $22m bonus?

I really want to know whether Taylor took a paycut or not... if he did, awesome because he's really being a team guy. But I thought all the reports said he wouldn't.

As these contract details come out, it's going to be interesting to see how much guaranteed money Taylor's getting and if it's gone down from what it was.

Starting NFL QB coming off being named to back to back pro bowls at $9m cap hit. Whaley deserves a prize.

NO! NO! NO! Tyrod sucks! Whaley must go! Pro Bowls mean nothing! Bills are a dysfunctional chasm filled with dumpster fires!!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Can't really argue with any of this, the cap hit this season with TT was a no go for me and I wanted to get close to $7 million - this is close enough and doesn't screw with the team chemistry too much. TT isn't the answer and we need to draft QB and hope he develops...

TT is still not good enough and frankly never will be...

Edited by Reed83HOF

Is a sign and Trade possibility still in play????

Not really. The Bills wouldn't have included a $7m signing bonus, which they would have to still eat as a cap hit in 2017 if they traded him away. If the intent was sign and trade, they would have given him all guaranteed salary for the next two years, which a new team would take 100% against their own cap, leaving the Bills with no penalty.

Starting NFL QB coming off being named to back to back pro bowls at $9m cap hit. Whaley deserves a prize.

I have to give DW props here. Amazing restructure that also allows wiggle room. In 2 yrs we can move on if TT doesn't improve. Only going to cost us a little more than 9M...that's less than Glennon...now let's start drafting QBs!

A continued commitment to a guy who after several years as an NFL backup, showed no noticeable improvement from his 1st year as a starter to his 2nd? Just say hello to more mediocrity from OBD. Combine that with a very difficult 2017 schedule, and the Bills could easily be looking at 5-11 or 6-10 next season.

I guess as long as the suckers keep ponying up for season tix, no reason to do anything more than just keep treading water.