No Franchise Tag for Gilmore

YoloinOhio

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing what Rex did with the #4 defense he inherited.

I agree there needs to be a cap at how much you are going to pay Gilmore but some of you are going to be very surprised how big of a loss this will be.

We will definitely miss him. I think he is very good, but I don't think it would be wise to pay him his asking price.

Good thing we don't need anything else with that 1st round pick.

I am of the view that a 1st round CB is the safest least bustable position to draft. Maybe only a guard would be safer.

The odds of the Bills drafting some skill guy in the 1st round, like a QB, who is a bust is like 99%. I expect they will reach on a QB or pick some gadget guy like Peppers. They just need to be safe, not cute.

I am of the view that a 1st round CB is the safest least bustable position to draft. Maybe only a guard would be safer.

The odds of the Bills drafting some skill guy in the 1st round, like a QB, who is a bust is like 99%. I expect they will reach on a QB or pick some gadget guy like Peppers. They just need to be safe, not cute.

Dee Milliner and Justin Gilbert tho.

Gilmore is far from my favorite player but he's a rare example of a quality Buffalo draft pick - unfortunately with all of the coaching turnover, our player development program has been lagging behind the rest of the league. Plus the lack of a cohesive, winning environment makes it harder to lock up young talent. It sucks to lose quality players like Gilmore, even though he's a bitchass who hates tackling and seems to care more about his own stats than winning.

This team is really depressing.

Dee Milliner and Justin Gilbert tho.

Certainly not unheard of to get a bust, but I think it is a rare. Plus, my sense is that Gilbert was a real reach.

The other interesting thing is that most CBs in the NFL are 1st and 2nd rounders. There are exceptions, but seems like you need to draft a guy high if you want a starter at that position.

Not scientific but check out this article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-draft-2015-ten-best-first-round-cbs-decade-article-1.2195728

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

This is great news. I hope he quickly signs with another team.

He can be replaced by a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Looking at my top 50 board for Buffalo, that seems where the value for them at CB in this draft, lots of strong zone corners in that range. Dre Kirkpatrick in FA could be a solid get IMO at a much lesser cost than Gilmore and be a better schematic fit?