No Franchise Tag for Gilmore

YoloinOhio

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they could still work on an extension, but are going to tell him to test the market since he wants top 5 money. If he gets it, good for him and good luck. If not, we're open for negotiation.

This would be my preference. I'd rather have someone else overpay him than pay him more than he deserves out of fear.

That generally seems to be very true. Keep drafting DB's and find some gems.

Someone warn BillfromNYC! FA cbs are really expensive. But most of the top cbs are normally found in the 1st round. So either way, you are spending a lot of money or a high pick to replace a cb. And replacing good players with high draft picks is a Bills' tradition of how to keep spinning its wheels.

He's a bad tackler according to Sal C.

Honest question: how many corners are great tacklers? Sherman comes to mind. But as a whole, do you want a 190 lbs going head up with guys like Blount? Tackling isn't a top priority for a corner imo.

Because hes not a top ten corner therefore you dont give him top 5 pay. Smart move imo.

Winfield is the one guy I REALLY wish we had gone all out to keep. The others I can think of offhand, not so much at crazy prices. Paying Revis like he was made no sense to me.

Excellent in run support- sure tackler- was sad to see him go.

I would be careful in making him an offer and waiting too long so he can not accept it.

Would rather they be aggressive in a lesser offer to a zone coverage corner to team up with Darby......just find scheme fit zone coverage dbs and press on

they already made him one offer before the season and it was reported they would make him one more before FA. If he doesn't take it, it gets pulled when he hits the market . This is from a couple weeks ago

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-still-weighing-options-with-Taylor-Gilmore/23009185

Edited by YoloinOhio

I would be careful in making him an offer and waiting too long so he can not accept it.

Would rather they be aggressive in a lesser offer to a zone coverage corner to team up with Darby......just find scheme fit zone coverage dbs and press on

The Darby point is one to think about. Last year, people were saying he was better than Gilmore. Darby was pretty bad this year and much worse than Gilmore.

I still think he can be a good player but it's never a guarantee.