No Franchise Tag for Gilmore

YoloinOhio

Makes sense

@josinaanderson

My understanding is that CB Stephon Gilmore is using Janoris Jenkins' deal as a baseline to work from..

That's actually quite reasonable...I'm probably going to be annoyed if he signs elsewhere for the same $12.5M AAV that Jenkins got.

He gave up plays in that game, yes, but he was literally in position almost the entire night. They were just perfect throws to tall WRs who could win jump balls. There is really no defending against that. I suggest rewatching the game or at least clips from it if you're going to base you judgement on this one game (rather than the game against, say, AZ, which has a flat out better passing game than the Jets).

Regardless of how poorly he may have looked in that game, I still contend that using a single game to make your evaluation is folly at best and disingenuous at worst.

If we want to cherry pick, all we need to do is remove that game and watch what happens to Gilmore's numbers for the season:

60 targets, 33 receptions, 498 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 57.1 passer rating against, 40 solo tackles

Which says more about him as a CB? His one bad game, or the rest of the time when he stacks up against the best corners in the league?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually quite reasonable...I'm probably going to be annoyed if he signs elsewhere for the same $12.5M AAV that Jenkins got.

Regardless of how poorly he may have looked in that game, I still contend that using a single game to make your evaluation is folly at best and disingenuous at worst.

If we want to cherry pick, all we need to do is remove that game and watch what happens to Gilmore's numbers for the season:

60 targets, 33 receptions, 498 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 57.1 passer rating against, 40 solo tackles

Which says more about him as a CB? His one bad game, or the rest of the time when he stacks up against the best corners in the league?

You'll get no argument from me!

@jasoncoleBR

#Bears talks with CB Stephon Gilmore evidently not going that well for the moment. Team is calling agents for other CBs right now.

This is not Janoris Jenkins baseline info. This is using Janoris Jenkins as a launching pad. This kid wants $14M +