My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

I think the Bills are tired of bumping along at 7-9 or 8-8 year after year. They put together incomplete teams and lose games that winners win.

Shady is a great back and the Bills are clearly better with him on the field. But they can't win consistently with a RB-centric offense. To be fair to Shady, who deserves a shot at a ring, the Bills should trade him to a serious contender. He's only got a couple of years left before the legs start to go, and he can spend those years watching the Bills finish third or fourth in the AFCE, or possibly turning a strong team into a SB winner.

The Bills have been assembling a Camaro when they need a Corvette. Right now they have a Camaro with a couple of Corvette parts (Shady, Watkins) but they need the whole car to be effective. Better to be a Prius for a year and turn the whole thing around. Shedding Shady would hurt us in the short term, but help him and maybe help us in the long term.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills are tired of bumping along at 7-9 or 8-8 year after year. They put together incomplete teams and lose games that winners win.

Shady is a great back and the Bills are clearly better with him on the field. But they can't win consistently with a RB-centric offense. To be fair to Shady, who deserves a shot at a ring, the Bills should trade him to a serious contender. He's only got a couple of years left before the legs start to go, and he can spend those years watching the Bills finish third or fourth in the AFCE, or possibly turning a strong team into a SB winner.

The Bills have been assembling a Camaro when they need a Corvette. Right now they have a Camaro with a couple of Corvette parts (Shady, Watkins) but they need the whole car to be effective. Better to be a Prius for a year and turn the whole thing around. Shedding Shady would hurt us in the short term, but help him and maybe help us in the long term.

but tanking and rebuilding doesnt always work. Look at jacksonville for example, always picks in the top 5 or 10 and still continues to suck. Leftwich, gabbert, and now probably bortles were all top 10 franchise qbs that didnt work out

Imagine you lead a platoon of infantrymen. You're getting ready to go into battle but you have only two weapons.

Then someone says, "Let's get rid of one of the weapons. It's getting old and not worth the cost of maintaining it."

What would you do? Get rid of that one weapon and go into combat with the only other weapon left to you?

The Bills have only two significant offensive weapons: Sammy and Shady. We keep both.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I love when folks say we should trade so and so.....they deserve to win. WELL, we as Bills fans deserve to win too. Not too many players get to win and get multiple high end contracts. Shady is doing just fine.

And, I disagree with your comments. I just don't like your comparison and there are many ways to build a team and win.

You do not make your team better by getting rid of your great players. And you can win with a "RB-centric offense".

Edited by bisonbrigade

I'm not going to go back and read through all these pages so my apologies if its already been asked, but can't we save a LOT of money by cutting McCoy and trading Darius this year?? It seems like the logical thing to do..

Save money by purging your team of Great Pro-Bowl players, seems logical. :wallbash:

but tanking and rebuilding doesnt always work. Look at jacksonville for example, always picks in the top 5 or 10 and still continues to suck. Leftwich, gabbert, and now probably bortles were all top 10 franchise qbs that didnt work out

You're spot on. I don't understand why people think tanking is actually something that works. The Browns and Jags have been had top 1-10 picks every single year and they are always horrible. It may work in Hockey or in the NBA but I don't believe it works in NFL. I honestly think that getting rid of Shady is quite possibly the dumbest thing the Bills could do.

You're spot on. I don't understand why people think tanking is actually something that works. The Browns and Jags have been had top 1-10 picks every single year and they are always horrible. It may work in Hockey or in the NBA but I don't believe it works in NFL. I honestly think that getting rid of Shady is quite possibly the dumbest thing the Bills could do.

There really is no such thing as tanking in the NFL. But there is a such thing as retooling the roster in the form of clearing the decks to create cap space and that usually means getting rid of high priced veterans. Especially those nearing the perceived end of their most productive years and those already past their prime.

I don't see that as tanking but rather a more honest assessment of where a front office sees their team in very real, harsh terms. It is unpopular to admit that to your personnel and fans, but it may be necessary at certain points in time.

There really is no such thing as tanking in the NFL. But there is a such thing as retooling the roster in the form of clearing the decks to create cap space and that usually means getting rid of high priced veterans. Especially those nearing the perceived end of their most productive years and those already past their prime.

I don't see that as tanking but rather a more honest assessment of where a front office sees their team in very real, harsh terms. It is unpopular to admit that to your personnel and fans, but it may be necessary at certain points in time.

Well said!

You also never know what you are going to get when you tank in the NFL, the highest rated player when you pick #1 might be a Guard and there may be no QBs that year. It is such a different beast when compared to the NHL & NBA...

Well said!

You also never know what you are going to get when you tank in the NFL, the highest rated player when you pick #1 might be a Guard and there may be no QBs that year. It is such a different beast when compared to the NHL & NBA...

They usually have some idea.

Well said!

This is a bit of a stretch

This is a bit of a stretch

Eric Carter. Jamarcus Russell. Courtney Brown. Tim Couch. Aundray Bruce. Steve Emtman. Ki-Jana Carter. Tony Mandarich.

There are no sure picks. You never know what you are going to get when you tank in the NFL.