My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What business did Whaley have taking that gamble, K-9? That's my issue, not the veracity of what he did or didn't say. Gambling with that pick was inexcusable unless it was for a much higher-ceiling player like a QB or Miles Jack.

Does anyone remember Willis McGahee? I got his knee bent 90 degrees the other way in January and was drafted by the joke of an organization 4 months later....knowing he would not be ready. They drafted him for the potential he could bring. Same with Lawson.

Does anyone remember Willis McGahee? I got his knee bent 90 degrees the other way in January and was drafted by the joke of an organization 4 months later....knowing he would not be ready. They drafted him for the potential he could bring. Same with Lawson.

Really? That's the same? Did Willis play with the injured knee all season? I get people are angry and want to complain, but I don't think this is quite the same. Just going back that far for an example demonstrates a certain bias, since Donohoe has been gone a long, long time.

Did I misunderstand something? I do like drafting for what a guy can do over the life of his contract, and not just the early games.

Edited by Augie

Really? That's the same? Did Willis play with the injured knee all season? I get people are angry and want to complain, but I don't think this is quite the same. Just going back that far for an example demonstrates a certain bias, since Donohoe has been gone a long, long time.

Did I misunderstand something? I do like drafting for what a guy can do over the life of his contract, and not just the early games.

That's not why he was drafted.

That's not why he was drafted.

Well, since I was not privy to the draft rooom discussion, why don't you share the reason with us. Was it Rex's scheme? To justify another Clemson trip? Maybe so Whaley could pull the wool over our eyes? I thought it might have been about the football he could play over the life of his contract, despite an injury that would need attention (that he played with in college, no Willis stuff).

Well, since I was not privy to the draft rooom discussion, why don't you share the reason with us. Was it Rex's scheme? To justify another Clemson trip? Maybe so Whaley could pull the wool over our eyes? I thought it might have been about the football he could play over the life of his contract, despite an injury that would need attention (that he played with in college, no Willis stuff).

Doubt it. Just ask Dougie.

"And Whaley made it clear moments after the pick that Lawson would start immediately... over the other Lawson.

"He walks in, Day 1, as the starter opposite Jerry Hughes," Whaley said. "So he can set the edge from the outside, he can rush speed to power and that gives us two nice rushers off the edge. And then you've got the push in the middle with our defensive tackles. I think this is again, a guy who has the versatile, when we go nickel or sub, he can go inside and use his quickness on the interior offensive linemen.

"First day, coming off the bus, he's starting."

Drafted to be a "Day One" starter. :oops:

Warren Sharp‏ @SharpFootball

Warren Sharp Retweeted ProFootballTalk

What McCoy did last year, factoring in everything from run freq to strength of sked to QB production, it was nothing short of incredible.

Warren Sharp‏ @SharpFootball Feb 26

Not only did BUF face the #1 most difficult schedule of run defenses, they went run heavy (despite an extremely easy sked of pass defenses).

C5nEmmeXEAAYRIW.jpg
C5nEmmeWAAEBRgb.jpg

Run heavy is an understatement: massively predictable. And in 1-score gms from own 20 onward, #1 run rate, 10% above avg. Yet Shady crushed.

C5nHHKnXQAIEz9p.jpg
C5nHHKoXMAMxFfL.jpg

Through a game's first 3 qtrs @CutonDime25 avg'd 6 YPC (BEST in NFL) over 175 att vs #1 hardest run Ds in a predictable, run heavy off.

C5nLUrsWAAEA7Wp.jpg

Warren Sharp‏ @SharpFootball 23h23 hours ago

To dive further into game theory, when a gm was close BUF predictably ran on 1st dwn 65% of the time! 13% above avg, way more than other tms

C5rqtZKXMAkqR96.jpg
3 replies 10 retweets 10 likes

How did @CutonDime25 do w Ds able to predict a run? Led the NFL w 6.1 YPC on 1D thru 3rdQ. 53% success rate. And TONS of inside production.

C5rroYZWgAAlcj7.jpg
C5rroYfWUAAiNzp.jpg

Yolo, this is great stuff. I love when people argue from facts rather than random impressions.

And btw, it reinforces my contention that the combo of Roman's play design, Lynn's play calling, Shady's running and Tyrod's dynamism was something close to magical. I'm talking only about the run game, of course.

Teams with strong rush defenses focused on our rushing attack because our passing attack didn't scare them. And yet Shady had the best ypc of his career and the Bills led the NFL in rushing. And we scored a lot of points.

Doubt it. Just ask Dougie.

"And Whaley made it clear moments after the pick that Lawson would start immediately... over the other Lawson.

"He walks in, Day 1, as the starter opposite Jerry Hughes," Whaley said. "So he can set the edge from the outside, he can rush speed to power and that gives us two nice rushers off the edge. And then you've got the push in the middle with our defensive tackles. I think this is again, a guy who has the versatile, when we go nickel or sub, he can go inside and use his quickness on the interior offensive linemen.

"First day, coming off the bus, he's starting."

Drafted to be a "Day One" starter. :oops:

And then he reaggravated the shoulder. Could happen to any player. What is the GM supposed to say? He was expected to play thru it like he did at Clemson, and be starter quality, and all that stuff might have been true. Every other GM says how they love their guys, glad they fell to them. Are they 100% correct? Do you bash other teams too, or just your team? Stuff happens.

And then he reaggravated the shoulder. Could happen to any player. What is the GM supposed to say? He was expected to play thru it like he did at Clemson, and be starter quality, and all that stuff might have been true. Every other GM says how they love their guys, glad they fell to them. Are they 100% correct? Do you bash other teams too, or just your team? Stuff happens.

In contrast, here is what Caldwell said about Jack post-draft:

“We want to be great,” Caldwell said Friday night after picking Jack. “We’ve got to take chances. We’ve been pretty conservative in our time here and in our philosophy in drafting, and in some of our free-agent acquisitions. There comes a point in time where we’ve got to close the talent gap, and you’re not going to do that without taking risks. This is one that we just felt [was a] calculated risk. He’s going to play out his contract and hopefully he’s here for 10, 12 years and we’ll look back at it as a good thing for the Jaguars.’’

Doug Whaley was super excited to have Shaq as his Day One starter, then he got hurt and he had to scramble/change his story. :oops: