My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

Dareus yes, though they can't cut him and I'm guessing they hired that drill seargent from the Rams to get whatever they can out of him. Rex was the worst thing for Dareus in hindsight. The others he should like unless he has something against stupid personal fouls (stay woke, 55)

Drill Instrucor = Marine Corps

Drill Sergeant = Not the Marine Corps

:)

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the "acute" knee injury received more coverage because it had the potential to keep him out of or severely limit his play in the biggest game of the year.

As opposed to the "chronic" shoulder injury he had played with since his freshman year that people knew also knew about but didn't pay as much attention to because it hadn't impacted his play on any great degree as his performance proved.

Right, which is exactly what Badol said and the Noles fan disagreed. The knee was the lead into the NCG not the shoulder. I know the history with the shoulder.

I'd trade Watkins and McCoy as quick as you can count to purple. We need too much. And defense is far too behind to succeed even if the offense continues.

Too bad the cap exists and is prohibitive for trading players with guaranteed money remaining

Right, which is exactly what Badol said and the Noles fan disagreed. The knee was the lead into the NCG not the shoulder. I know the history with the shoulder.

Not paying attention to Badol and Noles fan here.

Another poster suggested that this McCoy thread reminded him of the Lawson "shoulder" issue, in that those that cautioned about it were also readily dismissed around here. The Lawson shoulder issue was no where close to an unsubstantiated rumor as it had been well established, YEARS prior, that at some point his shoulder would require surgical repair but that he had played at an All American level regardless and was worth the short term gamble that he could get through his rookie year before having it addressed.

Not paying attention to Badol and Noles fan here.

Another poster suggested that this McCoy thread reminded him of the Lawson "shoulder" issue, in that those that cautioned about it were also readily dismissed around here. The Lawson shoulder issue was no where close to an unsubstantiated rumor as it had been well established, YEARS prior, that at some point his shoulder would require surgical repair but that he had played at an All American level regardless and was worth the short term gamble that he could get through his rookie year before having it addressed.

I agree with all that. In the offseason I badgered Clemson for not taking care of the shoulder. Looking back at it though, I'm sure Lawson is fine with playing through it and getting drafted where he did.

I agree with all that. In the offseason I badgered Clemson for not taking care of the shoulder. Looking back at it though, I'm sure Lawson is fine with playing through it and getting drafted where he did.

Exactly. Lawson probably made money by playing through the shoulder injury vs. missing a college season by having the surgery.

A rebuild with Doug Whaley leading the way?

Brilliant. More evidence the Pegulas still have a lot to learn.

That's not really the point though, is it? It's about what releasing McCoy signifies about long range planning, regardless who the architects are moving forward.

But don't let me get in the way of another anti-Whaley rant.

Yes, but he still should have had the procedure earlier than he did

From his perspective, when would that have been optimal?

From the Bills' perspective, when were they in a position to suggest he have it?

From the Bills' perspective, when were they in a position to suggest he have it?

Directly after the college season. Not like he was a workout warrior that really boosted his stock at the combine anyway.

After they drafted him.

I suppose Shaq could've done it post-combine in early March, but he still would've had to fight the pre-draft stigma of a guy that's going to miss the entirety of the offseason.

I suppose Shaq could've done it post-combine in early March, but he still would've had to fight the pre-draft stigma of a guy that's going to miss the entirety of the offseason.

Weren't all the teams aware of it anyways? The sooner the better.

Welp. Maybe there is some teeth to this, after all.

At least try to trade him - to Baltimore, where he'd reunite with Roman and give the Ravens a legit back for the first time in years. He'd make the Ravens a SB contender.

I hate this team.

Kenneth Dixon is going to be more than fine in Baltimore. He got healthy at the end of last season and looked like a beast.

Sure it is.

You just said releasing McCoy signifies a rebuild.... if that was the plan they should've cleaned house entirely.

Yes, I agree with Skurski, that McCoy being released signifies a lean towards a rebuild.

Your editorial stance on Whaley really has nothing to do with that no matter how much you wish the Pegulas share your point of view.

Welp. Maybe there is some teeth to this, after all.

At least try to trade him - to Baltimore, where he'd reunite with Roman and give the Ravens a legit back for the first time in years. He'd make the Ravens a SB contender.

I hate this team.

Why did you say this?

Directly after the college season. Not like he was a workout warrior that really boosted his stock at the combine anyway.

After they drafted him.

I'll just say he had a million good reasons to wait just as the Bills had a reasonable expectation they could afford to wait also given his college career and medical opinions available. I'll just leave it at that.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-alabama-clemson-notes-20160110-story,amp.html

It was most certainly his knee, he wore a brace etc. and it was one of the bigger stories heading into the game. He hurt it in the previous game.

Guys, I am not doubting that. They guy wore a shoulder brace all year and toughed it out so he wouldn't miss the post season. It was public knowledge he had a bad shoulder and played that way all year. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just sayin.

Ok, don't have time to read all 15 pages...so apologize if this was already asked and answered.

How much do we save if we cut him? Doesn't seem like much which then makes me wonder why we would cut a guy as talented as him if it doesn't save us money.