My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enh. I simply disagree. He has manned up in the many McCoy threads and said repeatedly that he was playing very well this past season. I sometimes think that people attack him for a) acknowledging that he had an earlier view instead of running away from it; and b) simply even commenting on a topic (McCoy) that he generated so much heat about a year ago. It's almost looks as if people simply wish he'd go away with regard to the McCoy topic. I for one like the fact that he still engages with interesting takes on the issue despite the fact that I think he's wrong. This board is supposed to be fun. It's fun to argue with people who disagree with you if they come with well-developed takes even if they're wrong. I think people should develop a little bit of a thicker skin about this stuff.

I'm all for good discussions and certainly don't like to see anyone censored or banned.

But I'm also all for making fun of bullies with no discernible sense of humor about themselves and who just can't help making themselves look like asses. Had he not crossed so many lines, repeatedly, his bad takes would have been forgotten by now. But he brings it on himself.

2016 already cemented the big fat L for badol.

He could always admit he was wrong but he seems to dig another few feet with each Shady related post.

What are your sources saying in regards to the qb position ?

Will Dalvin Cook be the new Willis Mcgahee ? Smh

Fire McDermott !!

I hope so. I advocated taking Dalvin with the 10th pick in one of the draft posts here. Shady's contract is terrible. If he's on our roster this year, it's his last. Gilleslie is OK and JW is a question mark. Get rid of Shady and start Dalvin. He's a TD waiting to happen, at a lot less $(rookie contract) than McCoy. He's a good guy and down to Earth. Bet he won't have a pool party where girls have to submit pictures first, or get into a brawl with cops, etc.

From what I understand, DW and the personnel department send out daily emails to all 53 players updating them on what they're considering.

I'm sorry, major, but this sounds like bunk. Shady and Watkins both on the trading block - our only two offensive weapons? And you heard this from a player? Because players know what DW is thinking ("considering")?

None of this makes any sense.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just sharing what a player said. I'm hoping the player is wrong.

I think it'd be stupid, but depending on what you prioritize and what you want to emphasize, it makes a ton of sense in more than one scenario. See my post above.

saving one mil in cap space is not a good way of managing the cap. and no way we're splitting the cap hit over 2 years.

Can someone explain to me the psychology behind posting fake information? It seems to be a "thing" going on in society these days - people seem to delight over lying to large groups of people for no real reason. As a casual student of human behavior, I'm wondering why folks get off on doing that type of thing - where's the thrill in it? Is it just the fleeting sensation of power over a bunch of strangers, watching them react to something false that you created? It strikes me as sick, but the sickness appears to be contagious in our time...

Attention whoring. Getcher 15 minutes of fame, on any scale, by whatever means necessary.

I don't want it to happen BUT just saying that it's possible that McDermott doesn't feel mccoy is the type of player he wants to build his team with. He was on the coaching staff in Philly when he was there so would be more familiar than we are with his work ethic, commitment, character, football IQ, etc.

This is what someone I know in the organization said too. They are a player - that's all I'll say. They are considering trading Watkins too. There is an internal struggle going on: total rebuild or making one last run with these players.

No decision has been made yet though. But trading Watkins and shady is on the table according to one of our players.

did you post this here before in another thread, or somewhere else by any chance? I've seen it before, almost word for word, and can't remember where. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't want it to happen BUT just saying that it's possible that McDermott doesn't feel mccoy is the type of player he wants to build his team with. He was on the coaching staff in Philly when he was there so would be more familiar than we are with his work ethic, commitment, character, football IQ, etc.

I don't like Shady but if coach McD feels the need to cut this guy because of the reasons you listed above he is going to HATE those guys lining up on defense.

Whether or not a version of this particular rumor surfaced a couple weeks ago as you say, I don't know. This thread didn't surface weeks ago though. It appeared exactly when I said it did, shortly after McCoy's instagram post was misinterpreted badly and taken out of context. So you basically refuted nothing I said, and took the opportunity to take some more cheap shots at posters you disagree with. Not a good look chief.

No version of this "rumor" surfaced a couple weeks ago. Jay Skurski's BN article from 2/17, in which he offered a several scenarios for creating cap space by cutting players, offered up the idea that McCoy could create space by being designated a 6/1 cut. That's true. Skurski's article is simply not the same as taking an instagram post out of context and reading non-existent tea leaves.

The more important take away from Skursk's piece is what such a scenario would mean; chiefly that it's a major sign pointing towards a tear down and complete rebuild vs. a reload.

And for what it's worth, Yolo and CB26 don't make it a point to post links to articles already posted on the main board at TBD. That would be redundant. They post links to stuff that hasn't been pinned to the main board.

Are you willing to run over your child with your car if you're incorrect? Man up.

That was classic Moran. But the boarder agent intrigue was spell binding.

I don't like Shady but if coach McD feels the need to cut this guy because of the reasons you listed above he is going to HATE those guys lining up on defense.

Dareus yes, though they can't cut him and I'm guessing they hired that drill seargent from the Rams to get whatever they can out of him. Rex was the worst thing for Dareus in hindsight. The others he should like unless he has something against stupid personal fouls (stay woke, 55)

If I had to guess I'd say they trade him, not cut him. Again, I hope they don't because I love the guy as a player. but it is not outlandish imo with a new coaching staff. They don't seem like the type to dance on a yacht with red wine and cigars over getting Shady McCoy.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No version of this "rumor" surfaced a couple weeks ago. Jay Skurski's BN article from 2/17, in which he offered a several scenarios for creating cap space by cutting players, offered up the idea that McCoy could create space by being designated a 6/1 cut. That's true. Skurski's article is simply not the same as taking an instagram post out of context and reading non-existent tea leaves.

The more important take away from Skursk's piece is what such a scenario would mean; chiefly that it's a major sign pointing towards a tear down and complete rebuild vs. a reload.

Thanks K-9 for actually clearning up what exactly Badol was talking about.

Again, the OP may well have additional information, and it would be very Billsy to cut their best offensive player. My only point was I thought it was very coincidental that the post was created almost exactly the same time the dumb reactions to the instagram post about the autograph signing starting happening (Wawrow debunked the twitter trolls right away, btw). Not when Skurski posted his article, nor when any other trade/release rumors were circulating.

Thanks K-9 for actually clearning up what exactly Badol was talking about.

Again, the OP may well have additional information, and it would be very Billsy to cut their best offensive player. My only point was I thought it was very coincidental that the post was created almost exactly the same time the dumb reactions to the instagram post about the autograph signing starting happening (Wawrow debunked the twitter trolls right away, btw). Not when Skurski posted his article, nor when any other trade/release rumors were circulating.

When Skurski's article came out, there were no trolls to be dubunked as any intelligent reader understood that it was merely a speculation piece regarding various methods for the Bills to create cap space. If it contained "Thank-you Buffalo" quotes from McCoy that also lacked context, I suspect people would have had a field day as well.

But like Skurski pointed out and as I mentioned previously, the bigger takeaway is what it indicates about long range plans if the Bills do decide to cut McCoy. It would be a PR challenge, but it would make sense in a total rebuild environment.

The issue in the title game was a knee injury.

The shoulder talk kinda' came up at the combine and was downplayed........ and then the severity of it became an issue when some talk show guys in Alabama were yapping about how his shoulder was really bad and NEEDED surgery.

No it wasn't, maybe cause I'm a Nole fan and follow the ACC more closely but it was an issue that had to be addressed after the season by surgery. It wasn't really a secret, that's why I wasn't really shocked when Schefter reported it. My thought was the guy was a beast with one wing, how good could he be with two.

No it wasn't, maybe cause I'm a Nole fan and follow the ACC more closely but it was an issue that had to be addressed after the season by surgery. It wasn't really a secret, that's why I wasn't really shocked when Schefter reported it. My thought was the guy was a beast with one wing, how good could he be with two.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-alabama-clemson-notes-20160110-story,amp.html

It was most certainly his knee, he wore a brace etc. and it was one of the bigger stories heading into the game. He hurt it in the previous game.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-alabama-clemson-notes-20160110-story,amp.html

It was most certainly his knee, he wore a brace etc. and it was one of the bigger stories heading into the game. He hurt it in the previous game.

Yes, the "acute" knee injury received more coverage because it had the potential to keep him out of or severely limit his play in the biggest game of the year.

As opposed to the "chronic" shoulder injury he had played with since his freshman year that people knew also knew about but didn't pay as much attention to because it hadn't impacted his play on any great degree as his performance proved.