Fargo!!!

Buffalo Barbarian

Westworld meh. Billions? Yes.

Also is fargo a ripoff of the movie?

Westworld is kind of out there, but its getting better. Hot naked chicks everywhere, even if they are 'robots'.

Fargo has the same feel as the movie, dark but comedic, in a midwest accent. Coen brothers are producers.

Westworld meh. Billions? Yes.

Also is fargo a ripoff of the movie?

the movie is a clown show compared to the series.

The first season was based on the movie storyline while the second season was a totally different story as will the third.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I actually just watched a few weeks back and thought it was horrible.

Yeah the movie is pretty tame compared to the show. But how can anybody be as tough as Floyd Gehrhart and the Kansas City mob?

The running joke is the same as the movie Fargo: midwesterners are weird and they sound funny. Especially when theyre smashing their wifes face with a ball peen hammer.

Yeah the movie is pretty tame compared to the show. But how can anybody be as tough as Floyd Gehrhart and the Kansas City mob?

The running joke is the same as the movie Fargo: midwesterners are weird and they sound funny. Especially when theyre smashing their wifes face with a ball peen hammer.

U betcha !

don't know them and could care less about producers, each movie stands or falls on it's own and that movie is a 3 compared to the shows 10

False. The Coens make the movies (and shows) what they are. Hard to believe that someone doesnt know who they are, but just in case youre serious, take a look through their book of work.

Classics like Big Lebowski, Fargo (movie and show), No Country for Old Men, Raising Arizona, True Grit, Bad Santa, etc

• Like (+1) 1

The first episode of season 1 is one of the best things I've ever seen, but I wasn't a fan of the direction the story took the last few episodes.

My only issue with season 2 was the unidentified flying deus ex machina.

Can't wait for season 3.

False. The Coens make the movies (and shows) what they are. Hard to believe that someone doesnt know who they are, but just in case youre serious, take a look through their book of work.

Classics like Big Lebowski, Fargo (movie and show), No Country for Old Men, Raising Arizona, True Grit, Bad Santa, etc

cool but I don't know them, I could care less about the movie industry and just watch what I like. It's like knowing the engineers of cars when all I really care about is the car. I spend enough time doing frivolous things I can't waste time on movie people.

I guess they suck at movies and are good at shows, only saw Fargo and bad Santa and they sucked.

The first episode of season 1 is one of the best things I've ever seen, but I wasn't a fan of the direction the story took the last few episodes.

My only issue with season 2 was the unidentified flying deus ex machina.

Can't wait for season 3.

The what?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

cool but I don't know them, I could care less about the movie industry and just watch what I like. It's like knowing the engineers of cars when all I really care about is the car. I spend enough time doing frivolous things I can't waste time on movie people.

I guess they suck at movies and are good at shows, only saw Fargo and bad Santa and they sucked.

The what?

Deux ex machina: an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.

Like, for example, a UFO randomly appearing in the sky & causing story-altering events.

I think the Cohen brothers have written & directed some great movies. Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Fargo, Big Lebowski, and No Country For Old Men are some of my favorites. But if they're not your thing, they're not your thing.

When I saw Fargo in the theater, it left me with a sense of gloom & dread that I mistook for dislike. In the days & weeks that followed, I thought about it a lot & realized how much I actually liked it.

They were only executive producers on Bad Santa, so that film is hardly worth mentioning when talking about them.

If you don't like Fargo the movie, you suck. Yeah, the television series is good too. The first season was markedly better than the second, but they're both very good television. Can't wait to see what they cooked up for the third.

Second season was bad ass.

I loved both seasons. Bokeem Woodbine and Brad Garrett were insane as the bad guys.

Deux ex machina: an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.

Like, for example, a UFO randomly appearing in the sky & causing story-altering events.

I think the Cohen brothers have written & directed some great movies. Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Fargo, Big Lebowski, and No Country For Old Men are some of my favorites. But if they're not your thing, they're not your thing.

When I saw Fargo in the theater, it left me with a sense of gloom & dread that I mistook for dislike. In the days & weeks that followed, I thought about it a lot & realized how much I actually liked it.

They were only executive producers on Bad Santa, so that film is hardly worth mentioning when talking about them.

Haha, nice! That would've been a deus ex machina if we'd actually seen God stop the bullets, but it's more likely that the guy just had really poor aim. I had similar results the first time I fired a hand cannon.

Edited by Buffalo86

Just for the record: the Coen brothers were just exec producers on Bad Santa -- they didn't write or direct it. Exec Producer titles in films are next to meaningless when it comes to the creative content of the property.

But saying the Coen brothers suck at movies might be an even worse take than Skeleton for Mario. :P:beer:

Just for the record: the Coen brothers were just exec producers on Bad Santa -- they didn't write or direct it. Exec Producer titles in films are next to meaningless when it comes to the creative content of the property.

But saying the Coen brothers suck at movies might be an even worse take than Skeleton for Mario. :P:beer:

I really have no idea, like I said I judge each show/movie on it's own

• 3 years later...

HIGHLY disappointed in season 4.  I finished 2 episodes and I'm done.  The acting is just terrible outside of the nurse.  

I absolutely hate the fat brother.  It looks so fake with the crazy eye look....I just hate watching it.  

The "head" of the family is just annoying.  

Chris Rock is out of his league.  He's not believable as a gangster at all....like at all.  

I hate all these characters.

The writing is over the top corky.  

Season 1 and 2 were GREAT.  Season 3 was good.  Season 4 is the Nate Peterman of seasons.  

I was really looking forward to this as well. 

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

HIGHLY disappointed in season 4.  I finished 2 episodes and I'm done.  The acting is just terrible outside of the nurse.  

I absolutely hate the fat brother.  It looks so fake with the crazy eye look....I just hate watching it.  

The "head" of the family is just annoying.  

Chris Rock is out of his league.  He's not believable as a gangster at all....like at all.  

I hate all these characters.

The writing is over the top corky.  

Season 1 and 2 were GREAT.  Season 3 was good.  Season 4 is the Nate Peterman of seasons.  

I was really looking forward to this as well. 

just watched episode 2 and it’s so damn slow.  

im gonna give it a few more episodes as the last 3 seasons were amazing.   

The first time I saw "Fargo" (the film) I was blown away and ended up watching it three full times in a 24 hour period before returning it to Blockbuster!  LOL

I have seen references to the tv show, but never actually tracked it down or watched any of it.

After reading the comments here, I am definitely going to try and get a hold of it.

36 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The first time I saw "Fargo" (the film) I was blown away and ended up watching it three full times in a 24 hour period before returning it to Blockbuster!  LOL

I have seen references to the tv show, but never actually tracked it down or watched any of it.

After reading the comments here, I am definitely going to try and get a hold of it.

first 3 seasons were awesome.     Current one is kinda suspect.   

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

first 3 seasons were awesome.     Current one is kinda suspect.   

Concur.  Loved seasons 1 and 2.  Season 3 got a little weird but the bowling alley scene was magnificent story telling.  

This season is mediocre.  It has nothing to do with the casting as some have maligned.  I think the creator has run out of gas creativity wise, and the story is preachy.  

I put this in the Netflix/TV thread, but I’ll post it here as well...

I’m fairly certain that Chris Rock’s characters son that was left with the Italians is going to turn out to be Mike Milligan from season 2.

The Irish kid who the Italians have taking care of the kid has the last name Milligan...that can’t be a coincidence...if you recall from season 2, the character of Mike Milligan was from Kansas City as well.

What do you guys think?

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/25/2017 at 2:26 PM, stevestojan said:

The first season was some of the best TV ever. The second was also great but the first was just incredible. Glad to hear it's coming back.

I loved the first season, and the third...but the second season (the one with Ted Danson, Jesse Plemons and Kristen Dunst) is right up there with the greatest seasons of any show anywhere. 

To me, the first season is a bit more of an elongated version of the movie.  The other seasons are a bit more original, but still with that Fargo feel.   Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Nikki Swango, the "bad guy" from season three (with Ewan McGreagor), was the best part of season three...so freaking hot!

Season four so far (4 episodes in) is a bit of a slower burn than the others, but by the end of the 3rd episode I was totally sold on it.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.