Should the Bills cut Kyle Williams to clear cap space?

YoloinOhio

Should the Bills cut Kyle Williams to save cap space?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of making Kyle a cap casualty?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm too busy worrying about the QB situation, ask me on March 12

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking that this is the type of player Belichik would move on from and replace with a young, cheap recently drafted guy. Then I think this is also the kind of player Belichik would sign in FA :lol: He loves Kyle.

Yeah. Got rid of Wilfork, just plugged Branch & Valentine in and barely missed him.

Alas, we're not the Pats. I think it should stand for something that he's committed to the team, the city, the fans. Must be something good about Buffalo if he's still buying in after all these years.

There are a lot of cases of D linemen playing well into their 30's age wise. Kyle, if he has the desire, might go on for several years more. His salary might need to be restructured...giving him more money over ,say, 3 years......say......$15 mil for three years.........thus effectively paying him $3.5 for the last two years of the deal........Risky, but, not overly so.....but, again, does he want to do this...he has made a lot of money already....and, he did a painful rehab.....does he want to risk that again. Or, is football just in his blood.....only he knows.

Kyle is 34 and in the last year of his contract. He has played well and it goes without saying he's at or near the top of the list of most Bills fans favorite players. The Bills could save 8.3 million the cap by cutting him. Yet, I don't think its a Fred Jackson situation. Kyle may have been the best player on the defense last year. The cap number looms large, however, as we approach FA with more than a few holes and new systems on both sides of the ball to accomodate. I am torn. I want him to just restructure or take a pay cut, but not sure how realistic that is.

Makes no sense to cut him IMO...restructure and let him retire a Bill.

+1 he plays at a higher level than most and he is the single biggest locker room leader we have.

Yup, not to mention the defense was our biggest weakness last year and taking away its best leader who is still able to be very effective would not make this team better.

I'd tell Kyle you're great and we'd love to have ya back, then let him decide. If he wants to come back then awesome, if he'd prefer to be released or traded or to retire then thank you for your service and best of luck.

We could have a strong pass rush again with McDermott putting KW, Dareus and Hughes back into a position to harass QBs.

No, the Pats are the best because they have Tom Brady and a HC who adapts his scheme to fit his players. Since they've established a winning culture and have a strong locker room they get to sign proven vets for pennies on the dollar because players want to win championships.

No, the Pats are the best because they have Tom Brady and a HC who adapts his scheme to fit his players. Since they've established a winning culture and have a strong locker room they get to sign proven vets for pennies on the dollar because players want to win championships.

The locker room is where it has to start, losing Kyle will hurt but recent events don't lead me to believe that the younger guys were following his lead anyways. Hughes and Puff daddy do their own thing, looks to me like they followed Mario's advice and not Kyle's.

It's a rebuild/retool not a reload, Kyle is due to much money and he is on the back 9. Let him go ASAP so he can catch on with a contender for a year or two. He has been a joy

to watch and one of the bigger NFL surprises.

I keep thinking that this is the type of player Belichik would move on from and replace with a young, cheap recently drafted guy. Then I think this is also the kind of player Belichik would sign in FA :lol: He loves Kyle.

Alan Branch thrived under Belichick. Kyle Williams would be energized playing on a team that has a legitimate chance to make another SB run. He deserves an opportunity to play in post season games. It's not going to happen any time soon in Buffalo. His life span on the football field is nearing midnight. He should be allowed to experience late season meaningful games and post season games.

Instead of playing on a team with immature players who need to be positively influenced he will playing on a team where mature behavior and attitude are expected from all players and nothing less will be tolerated.

Edited by JohnC

I think Adolphus Washington is supposed to be his replacement.....but have not seen enough from Adolphus to make this cut

Meatball is still playing well......and extrending him gives us some cap relief while allowing another year for Adophus to get his NFL legs (he needs a offseason strength and conditioning program to biuld up his run support)

There are actually a few guys that extensions could help us

Marcel

Coedy

Meatball

This would allow us the cap space to get a guy like Zach Brown signed as he fits Mcd's defensive system

I'd tell Kyle you're great and we'd love to have ya back, then let him decide. If he wants to come back then awesome, if he'd prefer to be released or traded or to retire then thank you for your service and best of luck.

We could have a strong pass rush again with McDermott putting KW, Dareus and Hughes back into a position to harass QBs.

I am thinking that the change in scheme helps him make plays and he would come back.......

If we extend him, don't we lower his hit?

Cutting Freddy proved to be a mistake and he was on his last legs. Cutting a leader who is still playing at a high level would be crazy.

He may be the best influence on Dareus in that locker room. Cutting Kyle would lose us Dareus, potentially.

Where has the evidence of this been the past 3 years?