Should the Bills cut Kyle Williams to clear cap space?

YoloinOhio

Should the Bills cut Kyle Williams to save cap space?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of making Kyle a cap casualty?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm too busy worrying about the QB situation, ask me on March 12

Why would Dareus care? What will the Bills do ? Sit him for being late to meetings or not attentive?

I don't think they will. Maybe they could take the mini fridge he inherited from whats his puss?

I think with this new regime they are going to immediately establish a culture of discipline and accountability. If the prior regime allowed players to behave unprofessionally and not hold them accountable it is as much on the staff as it is with the players.

If Dareus behaves as if he doesn't care I'm more confident that this staff compared to the previous staff will take the appropriate disciplinary. When you have players who are not abiding by the rules or acting professionally it is not only an issue that pertains to the unruly player it is as much about sending a message to the rest of the players that certain behavior is not going to be tolerated.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with this new regime they are going to immediately establish a culture of discipline and accountability. If the prior regime allowed players to behave unprofessionally and not hold them accountable it is as much on the staff as it is with the players.

If Dareus behaves as if he doesn't care I'm more confident that this staff compared to the previous staff will take the appropriate disciplinary. When you have players who are not abiding by the rules or acting professionally it is not only an issue that pertains to the unruly player it is as much about sending a message to the rest of the players that certain behavior is not going to be tolerated.

Well that sounds nice. But how do you discipline a player who already got paid? Honest question. I think alot of players will look at how Dareus is handled to define who and what the new Coaching staff is made of. I do agree this staff appears to be a better buttoned down group, on paper.

and the Media is feeling a change in regard to internal discipline within the FO.

I like the trend JohnC

I really don't think that's a good way to look at things. For starters, cutting Carp would yield $2.4M in cap space, but about that much would get spent on a new kicker anyway so there really wouldn't be a net gain. You can look at the KW situation similarly as a quality replacement would cost real money. But kickers are pretty interchangeable and comparable talent is easy to find. Quality DTs are a different story. IF the Bills are confident they can replace KW in FA with a younger player of similar ability, then they'd be better off doing that. Let's face it, KW is done after this season and it'd be much better to have a long term solution in place than to be scrambling to find one next offseason. Keeping him at a reduced salary this season while getting a rookie's feet wet is another good way to go.

You're kidding in regards to Carpenter's replacement cost right? He has the #8 cap hit for 2017 for kickers in the league. They could bring in a young guy at a paltry salary. There's a lot of young kickers out there that aren't bad at all that would still net nearly $2 million in savings. Examples: Boswell, McManus, Hopkins, Santos, Lambo and Catanzaro all have cap hits between $510k and $615k.

Paying Carpenter's dead cap hit of $537k and a young guy at $600k or so and you've still saved $1.75-$1.8 million from Carpenter's scheduled $2.9375 million.

Edited by JM57

You're kidding in regards to Carpenter's replacement cost right? He has the #8 cap hit for 2017 for kickers in the league. They could bring in a young guy at a paltry salary. There's a lot of young kickers out there that aren't bad at all that would still net nearly $2 million in savings. Examples: Boswell, McManus, Hopkins, Santos, Lambo and Catanzaro all have cap hits between $510k and $615k.

Paying Carpenter's dead cap hit of $537k and a young guy at $600k or so and you've still saved $1.75-$1.8 million from Carpenter's scheduled $2.9375 million.

I think it is time to move on from him regardless. But well stated 57 !

The biggest thing it comes down to - does Danny Crossman trust young kickers?

In Carolina (07-09) he had John Kasay who was 38, 39 & 40 for those seasons. In Detroit, (10-12) he had Jason Hanson at 40, 41 & 42. In Buffalo so far, Carpenter ages 28 through 31.

Nothing suggests he won't go down the vet route. If Carp goes, expect a run at Hauschka or Zuerlein.

Edited by Blokestradamus

The biggest thing it comes down to - does Danny Crossman trust young kickers?

In Carolina (07-09) he had John Kasay who was 38, 39 & 40 for those seasons. In Detroit, (10-12) he had Jason Hanson at 40, 41 & 42. In Buffalo so far, Carpenter ages 28 through 31.

Nothing suggests he won't go down the vet route. If Carp goes, expect a run at Hauschka or Zuerlein.

is this another reason to have a negative opinion from me on Crossman? still surprised he was held over.

Well that sounds nice. But how do you discipline a player who already got paid? Honest question. I think alot of players will look at how Dareus is handled to define who and what the new Coaching staff is made of. I do agree this staff appears to be a better buttoned down group, on paper.

and the Media is feeling a change in regard to internal discipline within the FO.

I like the trend JohnC

Whether he gets paid or not that doesn't mean that he is immune from being disciplined. If he can't abide by the rules or doesn't act professionally you either sit him or take him off the active roster for a game or so. The Bills have lost with him both on and off the field. So he is far from being an indispensable player. Discipline isn't about coaches yelling and cursing. It is about taking action. You can be a quiet disciplinarian who takes action or you can be a fraudulent and ignored disciplinarian who makes a scene but doesn't do anything.

is this another reason to have a negative opinion from me on Crossman? still surprised he was held over.

Kasay and Hanson were fine kickers in their own right, as Dan had been until the past couple of years. Nothing wrong with valuing experience.

Just a mere observation at this point. It's a trend for now but it only takes one move to break that.

Whether he gets paid or not that doesn't mean that he is immune from being disciplined. If he can't abide by the rules or doesn't act professionally you either sit him or take him off the active roster for a game or so. The Bills have lost with him both on and off the field. So he is far from being an indispensable player. Discipline isn't about coaches yelling and cursing. It is about taking action. You can be a quiet disciplinarian who takes action or you can be a fraudulent and ignored disciplinarian who makes a scene but doesn't do anything.

When i saw MD on the sidelines in street clothes i felt he was just fine joking with players and hitting his phone.

If he played full on he would be and Offenses key guy to get blocked. And he has been that guy. I want him to succeed . But i just dont know if he wants to be that guy game game out. Maybe i have been spoiled by Kyle's non stop motor and relentless effort?

When i saw MD on the sidelines in street clothes i felt he was just fine joking with players and hitting his phone.

If he played full on he would be and Offenses key guy to get blocked. And he has been that guy. I want him to succeed . But i just dont know if he wants to be that guy game game out. Maybe i have been spoiled by Kyle's non stop motor and relentless effort?

This bears watching closely....i get the feeling McD will NOT tolerate this crap