The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Corporate democrat propaganda?

What would that include? Sounds like a fancy way of pushing Trump's point of view

What media sources do you rely on?

You've got to do a little digging yourself. Clinton's 7th biggest campaign contributor was Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum I think) who owns CNN. That explains why they never treated Bernie like he wasn't a serious candidate despite him drawing 20,000 person crowds while Clinton could barely fill a Hilton conference room. Their cozy relationship with Hillary also led to CNN's Donna Brazille feeding Hillary the questions before the Democratic debates. I'm assuming Nancy Pelosi is now their unofficial boss.

I'm more center left and a realist compared to Bernie, but if the Democrats want to have a chance at winning 2018 or 2020 you have to go to where the energy is. Right now, like the Tea Party on the Republican side '09, it's with the progressives.

You've got to do a little digging yourself. Clinton's 7th biggest campaign contributor was Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum I think) who owns CNN. That explains why they never treated Bernie like he wasn't a serious candidate despite him drawing 20,000 person crowds while Clinton could barely fill a Hilton conference room. Their cozy relationship with Hillary also led to CNN's Donna Brazille feeding Hillary the questions before the Democratic debates. I'm assuming Nancy Pelosi is now their unofficial boss.

I'm more center left and a realist compared to Bernie, but if the Democrats want to have a chance at winning 2018 or 2020 you have to go to where the energy is. Right now, like the Tea Party on the Republican side '09, it's with the progressives.

Yes, the big corporate media, for sure. But they contribute to both sides. That is not a cozy relationship, that's corporate America making sure they cover their base. Why bring up Pelosi?

Sanders was treated like a serious candidate, he just lost. That's not one of the networks faults.

The really funny thing about Hillary getting questions was how little she needed them. The debates are so overrated. Has a candidate ever destroyed another in debates like Hillary did to Trump? He lost his mind out there, threatening her with jail, lol. She took him apart.

I really don't buy the act, by the way.

Fox is way more of a propaganda outlet than another network. The false equivalency that is, sadly, a major weapon of the right wing narrative, is an attempt to excuse away the failings of a movement that can win elections but can't govern

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I will represent our country well and fight for its interests! Fake News Media will never cover me accurately but who cares! We will #MAGA!

Great message to take overseas!

I have some ideas on how campaigns should be run and who can qualify to run for president.

1st step: take the special interests money away. Each candidate can get equal TV time on a station that is owned and paid for by the government. All the debates and campaigning can be done on this station. No more tv adds on numerous networks.

Step 2: the two party platform needs to go. Give the people 10 candidates.

Step 3: higher qualification standards. Each candidate must be extremely intelligent. The brightest of the bright. They need to be schooled in anything related to politics such as, economics, constitutional law, foreign affairs, ethics, American History etc etc etc. If an aspiring doctor has to study medicine to become a doctor then the same should be done for a politician.

Step 4: pass a psychological test.

Time Warner Cable and Time Warner Inc (owner of CNN) haven't been the same company since 2009

I think if you had a voting population made up of only veterans, with only veterans able to serve in public office, we'd be a LOT better off.

How Robert Heinlien of you. In the novel Starship Troopers, he suggested that citizenship and franchise could only come from Armed Forces Service.

I have some ideas on how campaigns should be run and who can qualify to run for president.

1st step: take the special interests money away. Each candidate can get equal TV time on a station that is owned and paid for by the government. All the debates and campaigning can be done on this station. No more tv adds on numerous networks.

Step 2: the two party platform needs to go. Give the people 10 candidates.

Step 3: higher qualification standards. Each candidate must be extremely intelligent. The brightest of the bright. They need to be schooled in anything related to politics such as, economics, constitutional law, foreign affairs, ethics, American History etc etc etc. If an aspiring doctor has to study medicine to become a doctor then the same should be done for a politician.

Step 4: pass a psychological test.

I like the mustard variety idea much better. With mustard, each individual gets to choose which one they prefer. If a company want to try to sell a crappy mustard, they can. Your step 3 above gives power to nameless faceless people to "deem" someone else "extremely intelligent". Not cool.

I don't like that mustard much and it's not just because poop is part of the name..but that sure doesn't help.

my own recipe

yellow mustard, stadium mustard, brown mustard - 2 cups

horseradish if desired mixed in supplementing some mustard

garlic

onion

chicken broth

turmeric if desired

brown sugar

2 lbs chicken breasts sliced

put the chicken broth and mixture together in sauce pan and heat til cooked

sear chicken when done

How long do I boil the chicken? What do I do with the pickle juice?

:lol:

"Alexa, turn on CNN. I want to hear the news."

"You'll have to pick one or the other."

7:32 PM - 6 Jul 2017

CNN is biased,fake,lies,distortions,fake sources & a blackmailer.

I reserve the right to watch your network again should any of that change.

Edited by B-Man

Russia Today is a great network for getting news with more integrity than the usual suspects of the MSM!

RT is fine to get information from so long as you're conscious of the fact it's state owned.

CNN and the US MSM are fine to get information from so long as you're conscious of the fact they're also state owned.

We just don't like to admit that last bit as Americans where we supposedly live in a land where the 4th estate serves the people, not the oligarchs/State Department/USIC.