The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

Let me tell you what "really happened." What really happened is the NFL too your "this Quarterback class is 2013 all over again" narrative and wiped its collective backside on it. That is what really happened. The Quarterbacks in this class were not slam dunks, but there are guys with franchise potential.

I told you months ago that a minimum of two and likely three would be first round picks.

I told you months ago that the first Quarterback off the board would be top 5.

I told you months ago that the choice to be that first Quarterback was down to Trubisky or Deshaun Watson at a time when you were claiming some teams had Kizer as the guy a top of their board because Walter freaking Football thought so.

You were taken for a ride by a selection of the media whose narrative on this class was way off base with what actual scouts, general managers and Head Coaches in the National Football League think. Now trying to point out that Houston was backed into a desperate corner? Poppycock. Jay Cutler is a free agent, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a free agent, Colin Kaepernick is a free agent.... if these teams genuinely thought this class was no good there are guys out there who have been serviceable starters in this league that a Houston could have gone and got and plugged in with their great defense and excellent run game. Chicago did go and get a serviceable bridge guy and still wanted to take a Quarterback out of this class rather than waiting to the mythical 2018 class. Kansas City I will concede is a little different - they took a flier on a guy to develop - but they thought he was so rare a development prospect that they trade up to get him. They don't think a Pat Mahomes is coming around again in the mythical 2018 class.

The narrative of what we were supposed to think about the 2017 NFL Draft Quarterback class was exposed brutally last night. 3 taken in the top 12 picks - something that hasn't happened for FIVE years.

You can't read anything into where the three top QBs went for one very good reason - three QB needy teams traded out of the slots where they were picked. How high those QBs went was more a function of GMs and HCs under pressure to win now reaching for possible solutions for their QB problem. The 3 teams that traded back are SF (new HC and GM), CLE (second season of overhaul) and the Bills (new HC running the show). See a pattern?

The Bears have a new group in place, but what they gave up to move one slot for Trubisky tells you all you need to know about their level of competency. The Bears are the new Browns. KC and HOU have pressure to step up into the playoffs and both are missing a high quality QB (although Smith is decent). They all reached and the more secure groups took advantage of their desperation.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't read anything into where the three top QBs went for one very good reason - three QB needy teams traded out of the slots where they were picked. How high those QBs went was more a function of GMs and HCs under pressure to win now reaching for possible solutions for their QB problem. The 3 teams that traded back are SF (new HC and GM), CLE (second season of overhaul) and the Bills (new HC running the show). See a pattern?

The Bears have a new group in place, but what they gave up to move one slot for Trubisky tells you all you need to know about their level of competency. The Bears are the new Browns. KC and HOU have pressure to step up into the playoffs and both are missing a high quality QB (although Smith is decent). They all reached and the more secure groups took advantage of their desperation.

Shhhhh...this makes too much sense. You will get flamed. All that matters is that this is apparently an amazing QB class because KC (which just about everyone has given them a grade of C or lower) made a trade for a QB and a team with zero QB's and a talented roster had to as well since they whiffed on Romo. Transaltion, HOF. Nevermind that teams who needed QB's badly all passed on them, and Cleveland passed 3 times in the first round on QB's (weirdly Cleveland has an A grade almost everywhere).

He needs to feel vindicated and to do so you can't use logic or context to what really transpired.

The funny thing is this: WHO REALLY CARES. Some kid in the 5th round might end up being the next GOAT. NONE of this, literally NONE matters come Monday. All that matters is what each of these drafted and UDFA prospects do on the field moving forward. All of these QB's might turn out to be franchise guys, some might or none might. At the end of the day, the Bills proved they had zero interest in any QB early as they were set to take Lattimore at 10 (and might have gone Davis or Williams there had they lasted to 10 too) and not any QB. Had the trade in place with KC for a week for Mahomes at 10.

I love drafting QB's, just not gambling high picks on risky QB's when we are not any where close to desperate. I LOVE...literally love that we have 2 first next year as perfect insurance against Tyrod if he falters this year. Its time for everyone to move the hell on already, Mahomes is NOT a Bill...neither is Watson or Trub...time to support Taylor and see with a healthy Sammy (hopefully), Zay and the other new WR's if he can elevate his game, especially with the new coaching staff. We just came off the highest 2 scoring years in Bills history outside the first 3 SB runs. Lets see what growth we can see because we are essentially free rolling this year now that we are armed with insurance with 2 first round picks next year to move up and grab a QB.

I mean we literally have nothing to lose with Taylor this year and everything to gain. If he steps up, we get to use 2 firsts next year to further load talent. If he falters, we have a trade package to get one of the top QB's, maybe even the top QB next year. This has been a GREAT draft and we also have our top 2 picks coming in fresh from last year in Shaq and Rags. LOTS to be excited about rather than piss and moan over a player everyone knew was not going to be a Bill (insert any of the top 4 QBs names here) this year.

Nailed it. It's beyond baffling watching the bills ignore the most important position time and time again.

I really don't like to do this here but I am afraid you won't be fairly warned if you can't access your "new" account.

The next time you re-register under another username to avoid the suspension you fully earned by repeatedly and obnoxiously violating the terms you yourself agreed to, your vacation will be immediately doubled.

And I appreciate it if the rest of you would kindly ignore this man behind the curtain. :D

I really don't like to do this here but I am afraid you won't be fairly warned if you can't access your "new" account.

The next time you re-register under another username to avoid the suspension you fully earned by repeatedly and obnoxiously violating the terms you yourself agreed to, your vacation will be immediately doubled.

And I appreciate it if the rest of you would kindly ignore this man behind the curtain. :D

I protest! Why would you ban one of the few people who agrees with me? That is discriminatory! :pirate:

Just curious, is the "Wizard of Oz" one of your favorite movies?

Yes I can. I simply do not accept your interpretation of desperation on either KC or HOU. I might to some extent on Chicago.... if they win fewer than 8 games this year Ryan Pace and John Fox are probably out and so they were not willing to do that without having at least taken a shot at a franchise QB. I think Trubisky probably earns them another year. So there is some truth there.

But I don't buy your rationale on the other two at all.

You know how I feel about Mahomes and how I feel he is the next Farve. Now some people have a different view of him. But after listening to KC Chiefs GM and how he talks about how this is a QB driven league and you will only be as good as your QB. Then he talks about Mahomes and what a special talent he is. He goes on to say Mahomes is one other those QB's that does not come around very often. Mahomes QB talent is not often seen. He say's the Chiefs are set at the QB position for the next 12 years because of this move. This guy really gets it. Even though they have Alex Smith he's thinking about the Future. I for one am not a happy camper. I'm tired of the Bills not Drafting QB's in the first 3 rounds. I'm tired of them passing up QB's like Russell Wilson, Dak and Derick Carr. To me this was a no brainer and our chance to get a true Franchise QB. Sure we got good return on trading out of the 10 spot. But if Mahomes ends up being a stud franchise QB. This will go down as one of the low points in Buffalo Bills history. To think he was right there for the taking and we passed is just not right. Only to then draft a QB in round 5 out of Pittsburgh. So if they had planed all along to draft a QB you don't wait to the 5th round. So to the non believers in Mahomes, yes you can make fun of us guys that truly believe in his talent. But remember this is not over by a long shot. As a 1st round QB he will get his shot to start for a couple of seasons. Will see what he does and if this turns out bad for the Bills. I hope you remember us guys who tried to tell you why this guy Mahomes was the next great one.

If Mahomes lives up to his potential we will be laughing stocks for the rest of our lives

The odds are stacked against him. And the Bills will likely get a chance to draft a better prospect next year.

You know how I feel about Mahomes and how I feel he is the next Farve. Now some people have a different view of him. But after listening to KC Chiefs GM and how he talks about how this is a QB driven league and you will only be as good as your QB. Then he talks about Mahomes and what a special talent he is. He goes on to say Mahomes is one other those QB's that does not come around very often. Mahomes QB talent is not often seen. He say's the Chiefs are set at the QB position for the next 12 years because of this move. This guy really gets it. Even though they have Alex Smith he's thinking about the Future. I for one am not a happy camper. I'm tired of the Bills not Drafting QB's in the first 3 rounds. I'm tired of them passing up QB's like Russell Wilson, Dak and Derick Carr. To me this was a no brainer and our chance to get a true Franchise QB. Sure we got good return on trading out of the 10 spot. But if Mahomes ends up being a stud franchise QB. This will go down as one of the low points in Buffalo Bills history. To think he was right there for the taking and we passed is just not right. Only to then draft a QB in round 5 out of Pittsburgh. So if they had planed all along to draft a QB you don't wait to the 5th round. So to the non believers in Mahomes, yes you can make fun of us guys that truly believe in his talent. But remember this is not over by a long shot. As a 1st round QB he will get his shot to start for a couple of seasons. Will see what he does and if this turns out bad for the Bills. I hope you remember us guys who tried to tell you why this guy Mahomes was the next great one.

so make a definitive call...not "if" he turns out to great this trade stinks.....call it now so we can come back in a year or two and see how ya did.

and just for the record, everyteam team passed on Wilson at least twice, Dak 3 times, and Carr once...super geniuses eh? And every team passed on Brady 6 times

Edited by plenzmd1

so make a definitive call...not "if" he turns out to great this trade stinks.....call it now so we can come back in a year or two and see how ya did.

and just for the record, everyteam team passed on Wilson at least twice, Dak 3 times, and Carr once...super geniuses eh? And every team passed on Brady 6 times

Even the Cheaters passed on him 5 times.

Why would KC bad mouth the QB they just picked. Of course the are going to say good things about him.

I've called it over 30 times in this thread. Where have you been. I said and I will stand by this. Mahomes was the best player in the 2017 NFL draft at the most important position. He can do things that only a handful of QB's currently playing in the NFL can do. He is a generational QB. He will become a Probowler. He will lead the Chiefs to the Sperbowl. He will become one of the best QB's in the NFL. How's that for spelling it out for you. Edited by billsareback

I've called it over 30 times in this thread. Where have you been. I said and I will stand by this. Mahomes was the best player in the 2017 NFL draft at the most important position. He can do things that only a handful of QB's currently playing in the NFL can do. He is a generational QB. He will become a Probowler. He will lead the Chiefs to the Sperbowl. He will become one of the best QB's in the NFL. How's that for spelling it out for you.

I think he was pulling your leg. We all know where you stand on Mahomes. As much as I have never been as bullish about him as you I think he is in the perfect place to develop into a good one. One thing is for sure... if he fails he has no excuses. Stable organisation, solid vet QB to warch and learn from, Head Coach who understands NFL level Quarterback play.

I feel better about his chances of NFL success now than I did pre-draft.

I think he was pulling your leg. We all know where you stand on Mahomes. As much as I have never been as bullish about him as you I think he is in the perfect place to develop into a good one. One thing is for sure... if he fails he has no excuses. Stable organisation, solid vet QB to warch and learn from, Head Coach who understands NFL level Quarterback play.

I feel better about his chances of NFL success now than I did pre-draft.

The Chiefs are playing in a tough division that continues to get tougher....