The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Mahomes starts next year so we get a top ten pick in the draft. There will probably be 5 QBs with higher grades than him in the 2018 draft.

Absolutely. Mahomes is a major project.

This was a pick based on talent and potential. This kid has a lot of both but he has a lot to work on.

I'm glad the Chiefs took him and not Buffalo.

I've called it over 30 times in this thread. Where have you been. I said and I will stand by this. Mahomes was the best player in the 2017 NFL draft at the most important position. He can do things that only a handful of QB's currently playing in the NFL can do. He is a generational QB. He will become a Probowler. He will lead the Chiefs to the Sperbowl. He will become one of the best QB's in the NFL. How's that for spelling it out for you.

So even though people who are paid a lot of money to evalute talent for the NFL mostly had him outside the top 30 of players in this draft, you now know more than them and he's the #1 overal player in this draft? Odd, KC and Bears mostly getting killed in reviews of the draft too. So maybe, just maybe, Mahomes isn't a demigod HOF QB quite just yet. Just like every QB drafted in the first round, he has potential. But this nonsense that he was some kind of lock is a false narrative. There is a reason 6 teams in dire need of a QB passed on him. In fact, Bears could have saved a ransom in picks and just stayed at 3 for the kid. Cle, Jax, SD, Jets, SF, Bears all could have used him...but nope, all passed. Not because he is a sure fire bust, but because his flaws had him as a lower prospect than the guys they drafted.

I get you may be a fan, and that's great, but none of that makes him the best prospect on draft night. He could end up being the best player in this draft, but the odds are he won't be as this draft was loaded with monster talent, and historically all first round QBs bust more than hit, as with any position.

Got it. Thanks.

So even though people who are paid a lot of money to evalute talent for the NFL mostly had him outside the top 30 of players in this draft, you now know more than them and he's the #1 overal player in this draft? Odd, KC and Bears mostly getting killed in reviews of the draft too. So maybe, just maybe, Mahomes isn't a demigod HOF QB quite just yet. Just like every QB drafted in the first round, he has potential. But this nonsense that he was some kind of lock is a false narrative. There is a reason 6 teams in dire need of a QB passed on him. In fact, Bears could have saved a ransom in picks and just stayed at 3 for the kid. Cle, Jax, SD, Jets, SF, Bears all could have used him...but nope, all passed. Not because he is a sure fire bust, but because his flaws had him as a lower prospect than the guys they drafted.

I get you may be a fan, and that's great, but none of that makes him the best prospect on draft night. He could end up being the best player in this draft, but the odds are he won't be as this draft was loaded with monster talent, and historically all first round QBs bust more than hit, as with any position.

Got it. Thanks.

Do you mean Walter Football?

:lol:

I saw quite a few people with Mahomes in their top 30 on their big board. He was in the top 50 on every big board I saw and if you have to reach a bit for a Quarterback you do it.

He was obviously high in the Dorsey / Reid board because they picked him at number 10 and traded up to do so.

As for this draft being "loaded with top talent" I really don't think that is true either. This was a very deep draft. Personally I thought there were 8 bona fide star players (three of whom were on the board at 10 by the way) and then it was quite a flat deep draft from that point through round 4.

Do you mean Walter Football?

:lol:

No I mean Cleveland, San Francisco, Chicago, Jacksonvile, Jets, Chargers, Bills, and every other team that passed on your so called "#1 player in the draft". Funny, he wasn't even a consideration to go in the top 3 yet the top 3 all desperately needed a QB...

So hmmmmm...just maybe he wasn't the top prospect in the draft on a single persons board whose job it is to evaluate talent. But keep telling us how you know more than entire scouting teams, draft analysts, GM's, scouts, etc all paid a ransom to just make opinions on NFL prospects.

You literally have zero qualifications to mock the vast majority of experts and NFL professionals yet you have made these proclamations daily in every single thread for months now. No amount of endless threads you start or post in about your man crush is going to change he is NOT a Bill. So maybe its time to move on and start cheering for the players on this team rather than run around whining about a guy our team NEVER was going to take just like I told you they wouldn't at 10. They were set to take Lattimore if we didnt trade down.

GO BILLS - and F the Chiefs. I sincerely hope Smith sits so Mahomes can start and make that draft pick for us better next year.

Yeah, at least 2 years sounds about right. But I seriously hope he ends up starting this year. The Bills would have the 1st overall next year.

DITTO and agreed

Edited by Alphadawg7

Patrick Mahomes is Kansas City-bound after the Chiefs engineered a trade with the Bills to take him at No. 10 overall, which means he'll likely spend the coming season learning from Alex Smith. But it turns out Mahomes was oh so close to being bound for northern New Jersey to spend the coming season learning from Eli Manning.

ESPN's Anita Marks reported Friday that the Giants tried to trade up for Mahomes, but ultimately failed in that endeavor. Now, the Giants are "very upset."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-the-very-upset-giants-tried-to-trade-up-for-patrick-mahomes/

Patrick Mahomes is Kansas City-bound after the Chiefs engineered a trade with the Bills to take him at No. 10 overall, which means he'll likely spend the coming season learning from Alex Smith. But it turns out Mahomes was oh so close to being bound for northern New Jersey to spend the coming season learning from Eli Manning.

ESPN's Anita Marks reported Friday that the Giants tried to trade up for Mahomes, but ultimately failed in that endeavor. Now, the Giants are "very upset."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-the-very-upset-giants-tried-to-trade-up-for-patrick-mahomes/

We're they as upset as they were when we jumped them for McCargo?

This thread should be pinned on the Chiefs' message board now. The milk has already been spilled here. :lol:

No, just correcting people like Alpha guy who insist their crappy mock draft from February was the same as an NFL team's draft board!

No, just correcting people like Alpha guy who insist their crappy mock draft from February was the same as an NFL team's draft board!

All the stories coming out now are just that, stories. We don't know for sure who was after whom and how desperately. It's the offseason, the reporters have to get clicks. We know the Chiefs wanted him bad enough to give up next year's first. Reid is a pretty good evaluator of talent at the position I would like to think. Doesn't change my opinion that he won't be what a lot of people claim, but I'm just a guy on a message board.

All the stories coming out now are just that, stories. We don't know for sure who was after whom and how desperately. It's the offseason, the reporters have to get clicks. We know the Chiefs wanted him bad enough to give up next year's first. Reid is a pretty good evaluator of talent at the position I would like to think. Doesn't change my opinion that he won't be what a lot of people claim, but I'm just a guy on a message board.

Bills put themselves in a position where a first time head coach was also acting as GM. Sean was picking players off a board from people he planned on firing. Let's hope Sean is smarter than the other GM's who were calling up for the QB's.

Giants were the trade I expected to happen leading up to our pick, but McD ultimately got more value out of the Chiefs and made a deal within his coaching tree.