The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

I just don't get the hype... if this guy was so amazing why wouldn't he be the consensus number 1?

Of the top 12 QB's last year (according to PFF) only 4 were the consensus #1 QB in their respective Drafts (Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Luck)...

Beyond that it's Palmer, Bradford, B-)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I was almost a lone voice on that topic before the BBMB died and the influx happened. I never felt like this was a 2013 type class. I thought all that talk was ludicrous.

Thing is even pretty much all the talking heads have Quarterbacks in their top 25 on their big boards. That was absolutely not the case in 2013.

The reason this narrative existed, in my humble opinion, is that this is the least consensus opinion on a QB class I remember. So because people can't agree that it is Trubisky or it is Watson or it is Mahomes the word got out that they are all bad.... what if the opposite is true? What if there are actually good reasons why each of these guys could be a Franchise Quarterback?

Trubisky is not gonna fall to the Bills at #10, no way. I think Cleveland picking 1 and 2 is in no way impossible. I think they are desperate not to give anyone else a shot at him. My personal view is Watson won't either I think he goes to the Bears at #3 and have all draft season but if they pass the Jags appear to be in play at #4 and the Jets are in play at 6. Mahomes I think will be there at #10.... but if the Bills think he is the guy they better take him at #10 - I am not sure how much further he falls with Houston and Arizona both interested and potentially desperate if the other 2 are gone in the first 6 picks.

if we go 6-10/8-8 and we pass on these qbs and one of them turns into carr or wilson or dak im just gonna give up on whaley identifying a qb.... Thats like the 4th time and he should be fired for that. Unfortunately thats not why you pick a qb... Its a lose lose if whaley passes on a qb which in theory means he might force the qb pick

if we go 6-10/8-8 and we pass on these qbs and one of them turns into carr or wilson or dak im just gonna give up on whaley identifying a qb.... Thats like the 4th time and he should be fired for that. Unfortunately thats not why you pick a qb... Its a lose lose if whaley passes on a qb which in theory means he might force the qb pick

I'm getting a QB this year. Paatmaan had a great idea. Add a 2nd team. Whoever drafts Mahomes or your QB of choice you get drafted that night! Should help lessen the pain as the Bills trot out backup QB's the next few years.

I think I'm getting back on the "pick a QB" train...LOL I watched a few interviews today of Mahomes and Watson and both guys are very impressive and I can definitely see them leading an NFL offense for years to come. I don't think I could pass on either guy and if they were both there I would have to go with Mahomes because of his arm. If Wentz and Prescott can make it, I feel confident both of these guys can make it too. Especially with a full year of learning.

We have the bridge QB in Taylor, let's not waste anymore time, or keep wringing ours hands about EJ not working out, or anything like that...just do it!

I think I'm getting back on the "pick a QB" train...LOL I watched a few interviews today of Mahomes and Watson and both guys are very impressive and I can definitely see them leading an NFL offense for years to come. I don't think I could pass on either guy and if they were both there I would have to go with Mahomes because of his arm. If Wentz and Prescott can make it, I feel confident both of these guys can make it too. Especially with a full year of learning.

We have the bridge QB in Taylor, let's not waste anymore time, or keep wringing ours hands about EJ not working out, or anything like that...just do it!

Glad to have you back. Let's get this done!

Glad to have you back. Let's get this done!

Yeah, I flirted with the dark side of going safe, then I thought why the heck am I picking an LB when I have Tyrod Taylor as a starting QB, Jones (who I don't know if he loves the game or takes his job very seriously), and then I have tumbleweeds. Really?

Got to get a QB in here, the position is too important and this franchise can't wait till next year to do it. Give this franchise some hope and a face of the great era that's on the horizon.

If the guy goes bust who cares, they aren't going anywhere anyways without a QB...so is it really a risk at all?

Yeah, I flirted with the dark side of going safe, then I thought why the heck am I picking an LB when I have Tyrod Taylor as a starting QB, Jones (who I don't know if he loves the game or takes his job very seriously), and then I have tumbleweeds. Really?

Got to get a QB in here, the position is too important and this franchise can't wait till next year to do it. Give this franchise some hope and a face of the great era that's on the horizon.

If the guy goes bust who cares, they aren't going anywhere anyways without a QB...so is it really a risk at all?

If the guy busts then it means we might pick 3, 4, or 5 instead of 8, 9, or 10 next year. So we get our franchise QB and we spend 2 picks. That's the going rate now if you see the Wentz tradeup.

Tebow is a winner though! I feel like I keep hearing that same thing about a guy in this draft.... Might be our favorite ACC school.

Ironically Tebow was probably one of, if not the best college player for my money. Watson, strikes me as the same type of enigma at the college level.

However, there is no denying that from day one people knew Tebow was an awful passer who needed dramatic improvement.

There are few that will question Watson ability to sling the ball anywhere on the field. Unfortunately the kid has to learn to protect the ball better, but I think it's easy to say Watson is lights years better of a QB spec than Tebow.

A high-ranking NFC personnel man responded to my query Monday morning, and the name he gave me for San Francisco's pick was a surprising one:

Patrick Mahomes.

This team source said that he heard over the weekend that the 49ers would take Mahomes at No. 2 overall. Some believe Mahomes to be the best quarterback prospect in this class, so if San Francisco shares that opinion, Mahomes would be just as logical of a selection as Trubisky.

https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill

Sounds about right to me were only talking about the next great QB to come along. Who will be a future Super Bowl winner and Probowler and the next franchise QB. He is the next Farve or Rogers. This franchise will be in non playoff hell for 10 more years if they do not draft this guy. Yes worthy of a 100 page thread in my opinion.

82 page thread on a guy we are not going to take at 10. Reminds me of the Tebow threads ahead of that draft.

Sounds about right to me were only talking about the next great QB to come along. Who will be a future Super Bowl winner and Probowler and the next franchise QB. He is the next Farve or Rogers. This franchise will be in non playoff hell for 10 more years if they do not draft this guy. Yes worthy of a 100 page thread in my opinion.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Edited by Wagon Circler

Holy hyperbole Batman!