The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

It sounds like you had a preconceived notion if you are judging QB accuracy when he had just thrown 58 mph and wanted to get over 60 mph.

The fact that you think 4 mph is similar also betrays you don't understand what you are watching. The difference between 55 mph and 50 is worlds apart.

You are in too deep. You are trying to argue with someone who generally likes the kid. Sorry that none of these kids are worth the 10 th pick but they just aren't based on history and past performance. I'll just leave the other part alone that I don't know what I'm looking at ...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Path to the Draft" team talks to Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes II about his strengths as a quarterback and why he will have success in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8tcAlHG_GQ

He won Bucky and Jeremiah over big time on their Podcast interview with him...His recall was pretty amazing...

That kid...I don't care how book-smart he is...And I'm not saying he's not...But he's Football smart...You can clearly tell his passion for it, and preparation have him ready to tackle the jump...It may take a year, or even a little longer, for him to learn it...But once he does...Look out...

I currently live in a state of perpetual fear that we will pass on him and 3 years from now he's a top 5 QB in the league...While we go 6-10... B-)

He won Bucky and Jeremiah over big time on their Podcast interview with him...His recall was pretty amazing...

That kid...I don't care how book-smart he is...And I'm not saying he's not...But he's Football smart...You can clearly tell his passion for it, and preparation have him ready to tackle the jump...It may take a year, or even a little longer, for him to learn it...But once he does...Look out...

I currently live in a state of perpetual fear that we will pass on him and 3 years from now he's a top 5 QB in the league...While we go 6-10... B-)

I am a Mahomes fan now. If the Bills don't draft him I will enjoy watching him school other teams.

Of course I wish the Bills would wake up and get a gunslinger in here. Last time we had one it worked out ok...

I`ll take the classic pocket passer,that can move or slide in the pocket. Or runs only when he has to.

Luke Falk is your guy. He will be in next year's draft. He is the next Drew Bledsoe. If you liked Drew in his prime, then you will like Luke.

I am a Mahomes fan now. If the Bills don't draft him I will enjoy watching him school other teams.

Of course I wish the Bills would wake up and get a gunslinger in here. Last time we had one it worked out ok...

One thing we can agree on: I like Mahomes better than any other QB in this class, by quite a bit. I don't think it's the way the Bills should go, but I certainly would not be unhappy if we land him at 10.

I like Mahomes just not enough at 10, but hey I will always be thankful to the Mahomes family due to his father helping the Mets in 1999 going 8-0 down the stretch to help us in the playoffs and reach the WS.

Yankees fans even more grateful. :thumbsup:

I just don't get the hype... if this guy was so amazing why wouldn't he be the consensus number 1?

Same reasons Derek Carr was not given respect.

Gimmicky spread offense, questionable mechanics, level of competition. Then you add in Texas Tech which has its own stigma....