Rex Ryan on his NFL future: "I'm tired of getting !@#&#036

YoloinOhio

This doesn't surprise me at all. The guy can't keep his mouth shut and has no filter. Never has and never will. Most coaches would move on and not burn bridges, especially when he's still getting paid millions by the guys that fired him. You'd hope he'd have a bit more respect for the players he coached (re "don't wish them luck" comment), but that's hoping for too much from Rex.

I wonder if there are any clauses in his contract/severance that would allow Pegula not to pay him if he keeps mouthing off?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't surprise me at all. The guy can't keep his mouth shut and has no filter. Never has and never will. Most coaches would move on and not burn bridges, especially when he's still getting paid millions by the guys that fired him. You'd hope he'd have a bit more respect for the players he coached (re "don't wish them luck" comment), but that's hoping for too much from Rex.

Here here! Might I respectfully suggest Wreck's next 'buy out' installment be in pennies, delivered in a wheelbarrow.

I think it was clear to Rex soon after his arrival that some in the building were not happy he was here and were undermining him from day 1.

That could be where the story about him telling Anthony Lynn this was his last year and to stay came from. Maybe he knew he was going to be fired almost no matter what, which is why he hired his brother.

Maybe hiring Rob was a big FU and a way to help his brother make one last NFL payday.

There's no way anyone thinks Rob is actually any good. Right?

He knew he was going to be fired because he knows he is an abortion of a coach- he couldnt hide it anymore.

Yet many fans applauded the move for Rob when it was made.

Even when it's blatantly obvious a decision is wrong many fans find some bull **** silver lining.

"Applauded?" I think you're turning "cautious optimism" into something it is not.

I think you gotchu an "alternative fact" there, Son. The best I heard was "OK, good, let Rex have absolutely everything he wants then let the chips fall where they may" which is not exactly a Rob endorsement.

Maybe applauded is too strong.

It was more like this is a good thing for communication of Rex's system will improve. It got worse.

Oh Scotty. No.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184456-the-rob-ryan-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

There was the "he'll be another Rex to help, maybe, I hope, fingers crossed" sentiment, but by and large it was looked upon negatively.

All you who thought he was a happy man who loved this town, and all kf that. Bow down on your knees and kiss my ring. He sucked at coaching. And he is a lousy ****head

honestly when i heard that report he was letting his brother run things which was leaning to major communication problems i realized what a lazy ass this guy was just collecting one final paycheck

You were one of his biggest fans and blamed the players. Funny how short-sighted your memory js

See above, kiss the ring.

He sounds like a guy who makes excuses instead of a guy who refuses to accept them. Maybe why he has a losing record as a coach.

That really rubbed me the wrong way. He was given everything he asked for and then it's still not his fault??

My feeling from the time of that hire hasn't changed. Should've promoted Schwartz or brought in an offensive minded head coach and kept Schwartz as DC. It was a no brainer. Ownership/front office over thought it and now they've clearly set the franchise back at least 2 years.

Schwartz was not a good head coach. What in his time with the Lions makes you think he would be here? And he had a good QB in Stafford and Calvin Johnson... Edited by matter2003

Defensive guru with 2 DC, Thurman & his twin, yet, led league in 12 men on field penalty. There was 1 under Schwartz. How do so many people get something like 11 men on the field wrong, not including the infamous 10 men on the field?

Kyle Orton had been released from Cowboys, picked up to play for Bills, signed a 2 year deal. He retired, end of December before Marrone quit, 1 year remaining, but retired, there's a difference between quitting and retiring. EJ didn't quit either!

I don't blame ole Rexy one bit. I wasn't a fan of him being hired as coach but he put butts in seats with his BS and talking. You have to give him credit for going all in and the team should have given him one more year to produce with the amount of injuries this team had. I really wonder how the Bills are going to manage to fill seats this year. McD is not the bullish type, which is likely good for the long run, but the team will likely have a mediocre year at best and those Rexy talks which sold seats are gone. The Bills better hope they hit fire with McD or this team is going to look like the other team down the Lake.

He sounds like a guy who makes excuses instead of a guy who refuses to accept them. Maybe why he has a losing record as a coach.

That really rubbed me the wrong way. He was given everything he asked for and then it's still not his fault??

Schwartz was not a good head coach. What in his time with the Lions makes you think he would be here? And he had a good QB in Stafford and Calvin Johnson...

Schwartz did take a perennially crappy Lions team to the playoffs after a 12 yr drought, is off the Bellichek coaching tree, and more than anything would've kept a successful defensive scheme in place. Nothing guaranteed about whether he would've been successful here but he seemed very detail oriented and the players loved him. My point was that he or an offensive minded HC would've been a better choice than Rex at the time.

I don't blame ole Rexy one bit. I wasn't a fan of him being hired as coach but he put butts in seats with his BS and talking. You have to give him credit for going all in and the team should have given him one more year to produce with the amount of injuries this team had. I really wonder how the Bills are going to manage to fill seats this year. McD is not the bullish type, which is likely good for the long run, but the team will likely have a mediocre year at best and those Rexy talks which sold seats are gone. The Bills better hope they hit fire with McD or this team is going to look like the other team down the Lake.

Hi Russ.

I really liked Rex. Was pulling for him to succeed. I think when he came in and bought fully into the culture of Buffalo, that was cool to see and was very hopeful. But now he is a total buffoon, a total baby and an ungrateful jerk. I would have loved to see him on TV because he is entertaining. But now, it shows how classless her really is.

Really? Don't wish Buffalo and luck? Really, no bitterness? Give me a break.

You are a jerk, and good riddance!