Rex Ryan on his NFL future: "I'm tired of getting !@#&#036

YoloinOhio

Just read Jay Skurski's summation of the Daily News interview with Ryan. What a classless, senseless, irresponsible, obnoxious, pathetic ingrate.

Saying he doesn't wish the team luck (to me, shows you just how close this 'players' coach' really is to his players), blaming everyone else for his failure and taking zero responsibility, implying the Bills position was not a "realistic opportunity", suggesting he joined a team in disarray as he was "not real lucky coming in there with the situation" he did, and bragging about the additional 15 million the Bills have to pay him.

What a classless moron, the incompetent huckster fool he has defined himself as over the last 7-8 years.

Talk about burning your bridges. Stupid, classless, clown.

. Perfect

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex is such a stooge. One point,I believe, that is missed is the fact that Rex was talking to a NY paper in this article. So being the panderer that he is, made it sound like he was still in love with the Jets and felt betrayed by the Bills. He may have had a different spin had be been interviewed by the Buffalo News, for example.

Even if you buy his loser argument about injuries, etc... In a league where most games are decided by just a few points -- and where a playoff appearance is decided by merely 1-2 extra games in the wins column, Rex made enough game-day blunders to prevent his team from making it into the playoffs in BOTH seasons. Poor team discipline (resulting in untimely penalties), horrific clock management, misuse of coach's challenge opportunities, and simply not having his team ready in key situations (10-men on the field multiple times), inability to make in-game adjustments on the fly, and the list goes on...

Rex also showed that in games that really mattered -- against Oakland, Pittsburgh and most evidently against Miami -- that he simply did not have what it takes to get this team to the next level.

And think about this... As a defensive-minded head coach,not only did this team's defense radically decline from where it was when he took over 2 years ago, it also set some dubious records. Under his watch, they gave up the most single-game passing yards of any Bills team ever -- as well as the most single-game rushing yards. In fact, they allowed 3 rushers to gain over 200 yards against them this year -- all in games where everyone in the stadium knew they were going to try to run the ball.

I honestly do wish him the best in his broadcasting endeavors. I am just glad that the team has rid themselves of him and virtually all of his coaching staff.

Edited by 2003Contenders

I, for the most part, defended this moron. Initially I was in the continuity camp and wanted to give him more time. Not a fan of constant coaching changes.

Good Riddance.

After watching McDermott take control in a calm, organized and methodical way and put together a staff with experience and some seriousness I could not be happier.

Seeing the leaks now plugged, hear about the lack of a work ethic with Ryan and attitude changes at OBD this was worth the hassle of changing again-

Hey Rex- Go. Pound. Sand .

I mean, he wasn't wrong with SOME of the things he said in the article and let's be honest, this was probably his last shot at being a head coach (as he pretty much stated two years ago on HBO Real Sports).

Contrary to what happened (and I know many around here wouldn't like this), but what if ownership had said, "We're not happy with the way things went and we are not happy with the way you handle certain things, but we realize you were dealt a bad hand by some things out of your control so you have one more year."

Personally, I would not have liked it, but I would have understood it.

Dude gets fired after 2 years of a 5 year contract with a 15-16 record despite huge injury issues and he is supposed to be happy about it? Give me a break. I don't blame him one bit for what he said and most of it is true! He should have never been hired or given a fair chance. He was undermined almost immediately from the inside.

What bad hand?

He wasn't dealt a bad hand. He !@#$ed up a good hand.

Yeah he could have done better, but we are still up in the air, QB wise, our potential superstar WR was hurt for all but the last few games, throw in A WIlliams injury (and it does make a difference when that guy is out), Ragland and Shaq and it starts to pile up. Throw in as well, in my opinion, that overall our WRs group was woefully under staffed.

I am trying to remember, but wasn't there a game or two where our number 1 receiver was Marquis Goodwin?

Again, bringing Rex back would not be my choice, but I could envision someone doing it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Rob?

Rex failed because his coaching blew. The injuries had LITTLE to do with anything else.

I think injuries always matter to some degree. However, as I have stated twice above, I still would have gotten rid of him.

BTW, Scott, thanks for being maybe only the 2nd or 3rd person that ever followed-up with me more than once on a post in the 13-14 years I have been here.

EDIT: scrap what I said above as there was a typo in my earlier post, I would NOT have brought him back. Therefore if not for my typo you probably would not have responded a second time. :D I did intend to reiterate s a second time that I would not have brought him back.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

This doesn't surprise me at all. The guy can't keep his mouth shut and has no filter. Never has and never will. Most coaches would move on and not burn bridges, especially when he's still getting paid millions by the guys that fired him. You'd hope he'd have a bit more respect for the players he coached (re "don't wish them luck" comment), but that's hoping for too much from Rex.

My feeling from the time of that hire hasn't changed. Should've promoted Schwartz or brought in an offensive minded head coach and kept Schwartz as DC. It was a no brainer. Ownership/front office over thought it and now they've clearly set the franchise back at least 2 years.

This should serve as(yet another) lesson to all the people who get worked up because they think it's not nice to criticize underperforming Buffalo Bills.

It's a business.

Rex blew smoke up your asses because that was part of his job..........like many that have passed thru he wanted to win but wasn't committed to win.

Bills fans threw Drew Bledsoe A PARADE and the guy sh*t on Buffalo after he left so it really should never surprise a Bills fan when it turns out coaches/players were just saying what they had to.

The respect is in the check..........root for the laundry!

This should serve as(yet another) lesson to all the people who get worked up because they think it's not nice to criticize underperforming Buffalo Bills.

It's a business.

Rex blew smoke up your asses because that was part of his job..........like many that have passed thru he wanted to win but wasn't committed to win.

Bills fans threw Drew Bledsoe A PARADE and the guy sh*t on Buffalo after he left so it really should never surprise a Bills fan when it turns out coaches/players were just saying what they had to.

The respect is in the check..........root for the laundry!

honestly when i heard that report he was letting his brother run things which was leaning to major communication problems i realized what a lazy ass this guy was just collecting one final paycheck

Yet many fans applauded the move for Rob when it was made.

Even when it's blatantly obvious a decision is wrong many fans find some bull **** silver lining.

"Applauded?" I think you're turning "cautious optimism" into something it is not.

Yet many fans applauded the move for Rob when it was made.

Even when it's blatantly obvious a decision is wrong many fans find some bull **** silver lining.

I think you gotchu an "alternative fact" there, Son. The best I heard was "OK, good, let Rex have absolutely everything he wants then let the chips fall where they may" which is not exactly a Rob endorsement.