Teddy Bridgewater expected to miss all of 2017 season

YoloinOhio

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vikes moved on from him the minute they traded for Bradford, it was a 19mo rehab timetable to begin w/ so there was no reason to go after him last year. I'm sure they would like to recoup any picks if they could considering the price of Bradford.

Probably a better value than rolling the dice on a mid-round QB this year. I concede the move doesn't address the short term need for a vet backup.

On the human side, you'd think that if a team made a move for him he'd want to prove their investment good.

Edited by switz1610

It's a very surreal thing. Through that particular draft class, I heard people talking about Teddy as a mobile QB. Not a word about Blake Bortles who had like 3.5 times as many rushing yards at UCF and designed runs.

I know some (perhaps most) want to put it down to racism. I don't think it's a form of hatred, possibly more in line with ignorance. Compare what you and everyone else can clearly see, that way you don't have to add contextual layers to your analysis. It's a really tricky thing to navigate because some key phrases are now "code" for racial bias.

Anyone who's ever talked Teddy with me knows that this is something I would jump at. I guess it's more a case of, if the Vikings are willing to trade him for peanuts, what does that say about their faith in him healing?

I don't think you need to trade for him. It sounds like he will be 4 years and then a FA. So, two more years? He sits out this year and then gets back (at best) to game shape year four of his career. Then FA with upside and risk. Signs a back up contract.

So, no reason to trade for him. Maybe cash, so, he can learn with the team and staff if you want him or a 7th rounder?

Or we could trade them Crash Davis for him....Who are you?

"I am the player to be named later"

not really. tyrod and him throw about the same yards but teddy threw less tds and more pick plus has half the rushing yards. teddy isn't even tyrod.

I agree. Few young starting QBs have been asked to do less than Bridgewater was for 2 seasons. Not much there, good or bad.

As sad as that news is, you get spoiled by modern medicine. It used to be a "simple ACL" ended a career. Now, it's a minor setback. That injury was certainly gruesome, but I never really expected career ending. I'll pray that I was correct. If Willis McGahee can spend a decade+ in the NFL, I'd like to think Teddy can make it back.

As sad as that news is, you get spoiled by modern medicine. It used to be a "simple ACL" ended a career. Now, it's a minor setback. That injury was certainly gruesome, but I never really expected career ending. I'll pray that I was correct. If Willis McGahee can spend a decade+ in the NFL, I'd like to think Teddy can make it back.

IDK man from what it sounds like Teddy went flat forward with his leg crimpled the wrong way and tore everything. Nobody really talks about it and there is no video but the bottom line is he was tripped while taking a snap and dropping back and somehow his body fell forward and the leg didn't move. It was dangling and people were freaking out...had to go to hospital immediately to avoid amputation...real rough. IDK if I've ever heard of an injury like this one before. Lots of nasty tears and compound fractures and stuff...real bad stuff...but this was like...some sort of super freaky **** nobody has ever seen before.

Edited by dayman

IDK man from what it sounds like Teddy went flat forward with his leg crimpled the wrong way and tore everything. Nobody really talks about it and there is no video but the bottom line is he was tripped while taking a snap and dropping back and somehow his body fell forward and the leg didn't move. It was dangling and people were freaking out...had to go to hospital immediately to avoid amputation...real rough. IDK if I've ever heard of an injury like this one before. Lots of nasty tears and compound fractures and stuff...real bad stuff...but this was like...some sort of super freaky **** nobody has ever seen before.

Wow!

I read that McGahee's surgeons said 20 years prior they would have considered amputation. He tore everything, including vascular damage. And that was when? Don't get me wrong, I'm not lessening the severity of the injury, just offering hope.

I guess that's why they traded for Bradford.

Teddy's career could be done. Shame. Such a young guy.

Yes, it becomes clearer now. It wasn't just this season, they were aware he might be out 2 years.

Does anyone have clarity on the NFL rules regarding the contract of injured players? I know he can't be released while injured - but does his contract get extended? Does the team get him for another year?

The Vikes right now have neither Bridgewater nor Bradford signed past 2017. They can pick up a 5th year option on Bridgewater. It'll be interesting to see what they do.