Teddy Bridgewater expected to miss all of 2017 season

YoloinOhio

....would love to see this kid rebound and if 2017 isn't safe, 2018 is fine, just for the lad's health.......to think his injury was life threatening and to be where he is today is one helluva accomplishment...take it slow Teddy......

Yeah - at this point... don't be a jerk (RG3) and try and get that charlie whitehurst money (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/charlie-whitehurst-3537/cash-earnings/)!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridgewater had more TO's, more sacks, fewer rushing yards, fewer TDs in his 2 years starting vs. Tyrod's... I get it - he was a young raw rookie, and he showed some improvement from year 1 to year 2. Problem he's run through his rookie deal, and he lost 2 full years where he could've improved. He's still young, but now he's got a bum knee.

No one cares about rushing yards. Dime a dozen RB numbers.

No one cares about rushing yards. Dime a dozen RB numbers.

Las year 5 of the top 10 pass yard teams made the playoffs. While 7 of the top 10 rushing yard teams made the playoffs.

For bottom 10 teams, 4 of the bottom 10 in pass yards still made the playoffs. While only 3 of the bottom 10 in rush yards made the playoffs.

Wanna still claim rushing yards don't matter?

Las year 5 of the top 10 pass yard teams made the playoffs. While 7 of the top 10 rushing yard teams made the playoffs.

For bottom 10 teams, 4 of the bottom 10 in pass yards still made the playoffs. While only 3 of the bottom 10 in rush yards made the playoffs.

Wanna still claim rushing yards don't matter?

The steelers were 2-6 last year when outgained on the ground.

Yes.

Last year 4 of the top 10 QB's by rushing yards made the playoffs. 5 of the top 10 QB's by rushing yards finished with a losing record.

It's a useless stat. It's irrelevant.

Neither does passing yards... yards is the only thing that theoretically matters. Good third down efficiency will lead to more plays, which will lead to more yards. More first downs = more plays = more yards.

They won 7 games when Big Ben was outrushed by the opposing QB.

Neither does passing yards... yards is the only thing that theoretically matters. Good third down efficiency will lead to more plays, which will lead to more yards. More first downs = more plays = more yards.

Cool. I don't remember mentioning passing yards.

Edited by jmc12290

In Minny - if I see Teddy, I'll ask him what's up / will start the recruitment to Buffalo...

Going to X Games in the new stadium, kinda excited to see what a brand spanking new NFL stadium looks like!

Forget Bridgewater. Head to Washington to work on Cousins.

I agree with you about Bridgewater but I also think that Bradford is on the cusp of being a good qb. He played well last year in a bad situation (no running game whatsoever and a terrible line). Granted, he throws a lot of short passes, but a 71.6 percent completion rate is a 71.6 completion rate -- i.e., pretty remarkable. He had a 20/5 TD-INT ratio too. His completion pct has gotten better and better every season too. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

Bottom line: because he was drafted #1 overall, disappointment is the usual response, but he really is playing like prime-era Rich Gannon now. Give him a better line and a better RB (and Dalvin Cook is gonna be good), and he may surprise you. Christ - they were 32nd in both rushing yards and rushing ypa last season. That's tough on a qb.

I agree with you on Bradford. Drafted #1 overall as one of the last big-contract-draft-winners, he had decent rookie season and great things were expected. Instead, he started to look like the 2nd coming of Alex Smith, only less durable. He performed very well last year and the Vikes would have to hit the jackpot to draft someone as good or better. If he has another good season and stays healthy, the Vikes may just decide to "pay the man"

I agree with you on Bradford. Drafted #1 overall as one of the last big-contract-draft-winners, he had decent rookie season and great things were expected. Instead, he started to look like the 2nd coming of Alex Smith, only less durable. He performed very well last year and the Vikes would have to hit the jackpot to draft someone as good or better. If he has another good season and stays healthy, the Vikes may just decide to "pay the man"

long strange trip for Samuel

Bridgewater showed the ability to put his team on his back and win games, Tyrod has yet do that. Stats are dumb, watch the guy play and how the team plays around him. That's the only true way to judge a QB

Bridgewater showed the ability to put his team on his back and win games, Tyrod has yet do that. Stats are dumb, watch the guy play and how the team plays around him. That's the only true way to judge a QB

I'm not so sure about that. The Vikes rode a sturdy defense and Adrian Peterson mostly.

I'm not so sure about that. The Vikes rode a sturdy defense and Adrian Peterson mostly.

We've lead the league is rushing (top 5 if you subtract Tyrods rushing numbers). Improve the QB play, defense improves

I still don't like.. fear him. He's... alright i guess? Lousy in the red zone. Mediocre on 3rd downs. Still never led a team to a winning record, nor played in a playoff game. Hasn't even made the pro-bowl in 6 years playing (And everyone says its not hard to make it anymore...)- missed another due to ACL. Missed time in 5 of 7 seasons. Has shoulder, knee, and concussion issues.

Agreed, I do not understand the love for Sam Bradford. 7 years in the league and hasn't done squat. Minnesota has a pretty solid defense and a team that won the division the year before he got there. He's no better than Fitz. Edited by Talley56

Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk