Teddy Bridgewater expected to miss all of 2017 season

YoloinOhio

I could list 15 more dude. You're wasting your time. First time "it's just the GOAT." Second time "Two of the best QB's." By the time I get to Ryan Tannenhill, you'll be saying, "So TT's company are QB's who have played in the NFL, and also started in college? Such bad company!"

I wonder if McCoy's success stemmed from finally being healthy and playing under the best run game coordinator in the NFL today? Nah couldn't be. As we all know, McCoy had his second best year of his career under TT in 2015. Right? Oh, no.

Oh and his third closest year, a .1 difference from his next closest year, was with Nick Foles, Mr. Mobile himself, as shifty in the pocket as any QB ever has been. He carried the ball 100 times more than that 2010 year. Had an extra 600 rushing yards that year and a couple more TD's. But that was nothing compared to Vick and that extra .1 YPC though.

I was typing a response, but honestly it isn't even worth the time. Watch some tape and look at how the front 7 plays when Tyrod's in vs. how they play against 'any other decent QB'. The effects we are discussing are blatantly obvious.

Also, don't put words into my mouth. I never said 'it's just the GOAT'. You were the one who decided to use Brady as your comparison subject, and I asked if you were sure that's what you wanted to go with. Just like you said nobody credits Brady for Blount's success, when every skill player on their roster gets their success credited to Brady.

Have a good day, watch some film, and maybe one day we can actually have a legitimate discussion about how an offense's efficiency is directly tied to the QB.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The numbers from last year would indicate that they ran the ball better with Jimmy G or Brisett. In those games they avergaed 4.2 YPC and 135.5 rushing yards a game. In the Brady games they averaged a whooping 3.8 YPC and 110 rushing yards per game.

You didn't answer my question?

I was typing a response, but honestly it isn't even worth the time. Watch some tape and look at how the front 7 plays when Tyrod's in vs. how they play against 'any other decent QB'. The effects we are discussing are blatantly obvious.

Also, don't put words into my mouth. I never said 'it's just the GOAT'. You were the one who decided to use Brady as your comparison subject, and I asked if you were sure that's what you wanted to go with. Just like you said nobody credits Brady for Blount's success, when every skill player on their roster gets their success credited to Brady.

Have a good day, watch some film, and maybe one day we can actually have a legitimate discussion about how an offense's efficiency is directly tied to the QB.

We all know that an offense's efficiency is tied to the QB. We aren't breaking new ground.

I also wonder how grounded in honesty we're being when the comparison is between TT and arguably the worst employed QB in the NFL in EJ Manuel. Surely Manuel being god awful had a lot to do with the lack of success with the run game.

Edited by jmc12290

We all know that an offense's efficiency is tied to the QB. We aren't breaking new ground.

I didnt? You asked "why doesn't Brady get credit for Blount?" They ran the ball worse when Brady was on the field. With Brady teams are focusing on the pass more than they are with Brissett yet they still ran the ball better with him. Do you not see how the threat of a mobile QB positively impacts the backs? That's what you've been trying to argue is not a factor. It is a factor. A part of the success of McCoy, Karlos and Gillislee is the threat of Tyrod. It's the same way that a part of Tyrod's rushing success is the threat of McCoy. They aren't independent of one another. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I also wonder how grounded in honesty we're being when the comparison is between TT and arguably the worst employed QB in the NFL in EJ Manuel. Surely Manuel being god awful had a lot to do with the lack of success with the run game.

That's nice. I forgot "TT" and "the offense" became synonymous.

Things can be related and still not synonymous.

I didnt? You asked "why doesn't Brady get credit for Blount?" They ran the ball worse when Brady was on the field. With Brady teams are focusing on the pass more than they are with Brissett yet they still ran the ball better with him. Do you not see how the threat of a mobile QB positively impacts the backs? That's what you've been trying to argue is not a factor. It is a factor. A part of the success of McCoy, Karlos and Gillislee is the threat of Tyrod. It's the same way that a part of Tyrod's rushing success is the threat of McCoy. They aren't independent of one another.

The threat of mobility doesn't positively effect backs more than the threat of PA and a good passing QB.

Things can be related and still not synonymous.

The threat of mobility doesn't positively effect backs more than the threat of PA and a good passing QB.

Why did they run in better without Brady? Why was DeMarco Murray better with Mariota than Bradford? Why were 3 of the top 4 rushing teams (yards per carry) in the NFL led by Tyrod, Mariota and Dak? You keep using these thoughts and passing them off as facts. The facts are telling a different story than the one you are trying to portray. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Why did they run in better without Brady? Why was DeMarco Murray better with Mariota than Bradford? Why were 3 of the top 4 rushing teams (yards per carry) in the NFL led by Tyrod, Mariota and Dak? You keep using these thoughts and passing them off as facts. The facts are telling a different story than the one you are trying to portray.

Is your argument that Jimmy G and Brissett makes their run game better than Tom Brady does?

If not, then I'm not sure why we're arguing.

Why was Lesean McCoy an All-Pro with Nick Foles?

Why did the second best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Ryan Fitzpatrick as his QB?

Why did the fourth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Matt Barkley, Brian Hoyer and Jay Cutler as his QB?

Why did the sixth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Drew Brees as his QB?

Why did the seventh best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Ben Roethlisberger and Landry Jones as his QB?

Why did the eighth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore as his QB?

Why did the ninth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Matt Ryan as his QB?

Why did the tenth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have 11 games of Cody Kessler and Josh McCown as his QB?

Why did 7/10 highest YPC backs in the NFL play almost entirely with pocket passing QB's, with the notable exception of 4 games of a dead RG3?

Why did all those backs listed above have higher YPC's than Mariota's #1 and #2 in Murray and Henry?

Why was the only non-Bills RB to beat the RB's listed above Ezekiel Elliot, who was the highest RB drafted since Trent Richardson, and a 1st team All-Pro and Pro Bowler as a rookie?

Edited by jmc12290

IMO No. the injury is not his fault and he showed every sign of being a good NFL QB. This just makes him one bad luck person.

Yes, bust. 28 TDs, 21 INT, and 35 games missed come this season. Never did anything impressive other than manage games and be a nice guy.

If people here can call Sammy a bust, this kid is a bust x 1,000,000,000.

Edited by Elite Poster

Why was Lesean McCoy an All-Pro with Nick Foles?

Why did the second best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Ryan Fitzpatrick as his QB?

Why did the fourth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Matt Barkley, Brian Hoyer and Jay Cutler as his QB?

Why did the sixth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Drew Brees as his QB?

Why did the seventh best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Ben Roethlisberger and Landry Jones as his QB?

Why did the eighth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore as his QB?

Why did the ninth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have Matt Ryan as his QB?

Why did the tenth best YPC back in the NFL in 2016 have 11 games of Cody Kessler and Josh McCown as his QB?

Why did 7/10 highest YPC backs in the NFL play almost entirely with pocket passing QB's, with the notable exception of 4 games of a dead RG3?

Why did all those backs listed above have higher YPC's than Mariota's #1 and #2 in Murray and Henry?

Why was the only non-Bills RB to beat the RB's listed above Ezekiel Elliot, who was the highest RB drafted since Trent Richardson, and a 1st team All-Pro and Pro Bowler as a rookie?

I don't think you're understanding what people have said. The run game probably still would have been pretty good without Tyrod at QB, I don't take the 3 games he didn't play as perfect evidence that we literally would have been worst in the league.

But the other thing to remember is teams KNEW we would run the ball. We were extremely predictable, but we did it anyways and we did it better than any offense has in years. With this Eagles in 2010 Shady had a 5.2 YPA which is great but they ran the ball 428 times and passed 561 times. Compare to the Bills in 2016 who ran 492 times and passed 474 times. Don't you think rushing more than passing should HURT the rushing efficiency since teams are prepared for it? Well Shady still topped his career best despite the predictability of our play calling.

A big part of that was Tyrod being on the field. Not all of it. But Shady, Karlos Williams, and Mike Gillislee all played at the top of their game when Tyrod was off the field, and played worse (literally worst in the league) when he wasn't. If you want to pretend that's entirely a fluke you can feel free. But like Kirby said there are smart football people on this board so you aren't fooling anyone. The stats tell the story.

I don't think you're understanding what people have said. The run game probably still would have been pretty good without Tyrod at QB, I don't take the 3 games he didn't play as perfect evidence that we literally would have been worst in the league.

But the other thing to remember is teams KNEW we would run the ball. We were extremely predictable, but we did it anyways and we did it better than any offense has in years. With this Eagles in 2010 Shady had a 5.2 YPA which is great but they ran the ball 428 times and passed 561 times. Compare to the Bills in 2016 who ran 492 times and passed 474 times. Don't you think rushing more than passing should HURT the rushing efficiency since teams are prepared for it? Well Shady still topped his career best despite the predictability of our play calling.

A big part of that was Tyrod being on the field. Not all of it. But Shady, Karlos Williams, and Mike Gillislee all played at the top of their game when Tyrod was off the field, and played worse (literally worst in the league) when EJ Manuel, the worst QB in the NFL was on the field. If you want to pretend that's entirely a fluke you can feel free. But like Kirby said there are smart football people on this board so you aren't fooling anyone. The stats tell the story.

FTFY. It's not a fluke, EJ makes everyone suck compared to TT. I don't deny it.

I do wonder why Shady had such a weak 2015 with the wunderkind at QB that year.

Edited by jmc12290

1) strange but true. The team averaged more points and yards in Manuel starts in 2015 than Tyrod's. A lot more turnovers too! :)

2) Tyrod deserves credit for assisting the run game. But he definitely gets way too much. McCoy was a top 3 RB before Buffalo. Our oline is possibly the best run blocking unit in the NFL and Roman/ Lynn are very good run coordinators.

The run game would also benefit from more of a threat in the passing game as well. But Tyrod's running kepts team's honest.

3) glad, Teddy is making progress. But even before all this, I thought he was a low end starter. His arm strength just isn't good enough. Rooting for him to prove me wrong though.

You didn't defend your statement - absurd statement in my mind - that the Bills offense was inept in 2016.

If you can pass and can't run, your offense sputters when you struggle in the passing game. Just the same as you seem to think the Bills offense struggles when the run game is in trouble.

Practically no offense is perfect. But imperfection doesn't make it inept.

...where the hell did I generically say the 2016 Bills offense was inept?.....your accusation is THE absurd comment.......the Bills need a better BALANCED offense......the run game was superb IMO....the passing game as a viable threat is a work in progress as TT develops and as the receiving corp matures/gets healthy........I don't think it was CONSISTENTLY a viable option in the "heat of the battle", but have confidence in Dennison to improve it in 2017.....see if that helps,...if not, guess I'll have to succumb to my obvious football ignorance.....no harm no foul as I know my limitations.....................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

FTFY. It's not a fluke, EJ makes everyone suck compared to TT. I don't deny it.

I do wonder why Shady had such a weak 2015 with the wunderkind at QB that year.

Earlier you said Tyrod isn't synonymous with the offense, now you're saying QBs have a big effect on how the other players perform? Which is it? You're the one that brought Tom Brady up and Kirby took the time to prove that he does not have a positive effect on the running game, if anything there is a negative effect. Obviously that doesn't matter because Brady is arguably the best passer of all time, but it still goes to show what we've been saying about Tyrod's impact on the run game.

Also you have a habit of skipping over parts of posts that you don't want to respond to, and going off on random tangents. So I posted a whole thing about rush attempts/play predictability and the effect that can have on an offense. You chose to ignore that and instead brought up Shady's YPA in 2015. My instinct is that you aren't here looking for a discussion, just to trash Tyrod and downplay the very real and positive contributions he made to a top 10 scoring offense last year.

But just to address the 2015 YPA, Shady's was 4.4 which is relatively low for his career. However Karlos Williams had 5.6 YPA and Gillislee had 5.7 YPA that year. These were unheard of RBs ripping off monster numbers. This coming off of 93 and 47 attempts respectively so it isn't just a fluke caused by low rush attempts. Shady was only 4.4 in 2015 but he did worse in the games where EJ played, that's the point. All the RBs are better when Tyrod is on the field. It isn't just him, the offensive line and schemes were obviously key. But his absence hurt the rushing offense so you can't act like he didn't play a big role too.

Edited by HappyDays

Earlier you said Tyrod isn't synonymous with the offense, now you're saying QBs have a big effect on how the other players perform? Which is it? You're the one that brought Tom Brady up and Kirby took the time to prove that he does not have a positive effect on the running game, if anything there is a negative effect. Obviously that doesn't matter because Brady is arguably the best passer of all time, but it still goes to show what we've been saying about Tyrod's impact on the run game.

Also you have a habit of skipping over parts of posts that you don't want to respond to, and going off on random tangents. So I posted a whole thing about rush attempts/play predictability and the effect that can have on an offense. You chose to ignore that and instead brought up Shady's YPA in 2015. My instinct is that you aren't here looking for a discussion, just to trash Tyrod and downplay the very real and positive contributions he made to a top 10 scoring offense last year.

But just to address the 2015 YPA, Shady's was 4.4 which is relatively low for his career. However Karlos Williams had 5.6 YPA and Gillislee had 5.7 YPA that year. These were unheard of RBs ripping off monster numbers. This coming off of 93 and 47 attempts respectively so it isn't just a fluke caused by low rush attempts. Shady was only 4.4 in 2015 but he did worse in the games where EJ played, that's the point. All the RBs are better when Tyrod is on the field. It isn't just him, the offensive line and schemes were obviously key. But his absence hurt the rushing offense so you can't act like he didn't play a big role too.

Tyrod isn't synonymous with the offense. Neither is McCoy. McCoy and Tyrod both have big effects on offense.

See how easy that is?

I have no reason to respond to irrelevant little tidbits that don't matter. Shady was immune to the TT magic in 2015. Weird.

FWIW, I think Gillislee was a gem and Karlos was very talented. I expect the change in scheme this year to really hamper our running game, while I expect MG to excel in NE.

Edited by jmc12290

...where the hell did I generically say the 2016 Bills offense was inept?..........

This is what you said at post #188:

.yet he cannot be a consistently be an offense bailout due to overall offense ineptitude unless you want to get the kid killed.....what team fears the anemic passing "attack (COUGH)"?.....shut down the run and contain TT and then what?..........white flag of surrender?

So if your "Offense ineptitude" wasn't referring to the Bills of the last year or two, what was it referring to? Some imaginary offense that ran the ball well and the offense still was inept? Well, I don't care to talk about some imaginary offense.

The Bills' offense was NOT INEPT last season. It was quite good. If you want to say it could be and should be better, I won't argue with you. But to suggest that it was inept is completely and totally contrary to the facts. The facts are that the offense scored well and moved the ball well. Better than most teams in the league.

So are we talking the actual Buffalo Bills or some imaginary offense so that you can score debating points?

3 pages and no Ted Talk.

you people have lost it

So what? People seem to be enjoying what they're talking about. If it's so disappointing to you that there's no Bridgewater discussion going on, go find a Vikings forum.

This is what you said at post #188:

.yet he cannot be a consistently be an offense bailout due to overall offense ineptitude unless you want to get the kid killed.....what team fears the anemic passing "attack (COUGH)"?.....shut down the run and contain TT and then what?..........white flag of surrender?

So if your "Offense ineptitude" wasn't referring to the Bills of the last year or two, what was it referring to? Some imaginary offense that ran the ball well and the offense still was inept? Well, I don't care to talk about some imaginary offense.

The Bills' offense was NOT INEPT last season. It was quite good. If you want to say it could be and should be better, I won't argue with you. But to suggest that it was inept is completely and totally contrary to the facts. The facts are that the offense scored well and moved the ball well. Better than most teams in the league.

So are we talking the actual Buffalo Bills or some imaginary offense so that you can score debating points?

So what? People seem to be enjoying what they're talking about. If it's so disappointing to you that there's no Bridgewater discussion going on, go find a Vikings forum.

I appreciate your comments