Teddy Bridgewater expected to miss all of 2017 season

YoloinOhio

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget Bridgewater. Head to Washington to work on Cousins.

Did not see Teddy (YET!), but damn the new stadium is nice AF. It's yuuuge...

Seems a little strange with dirt jumps and park / street skate course taking up the field, but it's a beautiful building. The Windows on the roof are a double pane plastic that they can inflate to knock the snow off - interesting tech.

Met some of the Vikings FO staff too, nice people (even the girl from Green Bay who's not allowed to wear green to work, ever 😂).

No, that's the facts.

Last year 4 of the top 10 QB's by rushing yards made the playoffs. 5 of the top 10 QB's by rushing yards finished with a losing record.

It's a useless stat. It's irrelevant.

All i did was add the numbers together to compare tyrods numbers to bridgewaters... but i get your point. Tyrod is terrible.

All i did was add the numbers together to compare tyrods numbers to bridgewaters... but i get your point. Tyrod is terrible.

I didn't even compare Teddy to TT! I just said that using a QB's rushing total to say one is better than the other makes no sense. Because it's a useless stat more associated with losing than winning.

I didn't even compare Teddy to TT! I just said that using a QB's rushing total to say one is better than the other makes no sense. Because it's a useless stat more associated with losing than winning.

This is a post about Teddy Bridgewater... I brought up comparisons between their numbers. Tyrod threw for fewer yards, but ran for more yards. In the end, they gained similar yardage totals.

you are literally wrong. If five of the top 10 rushing and had losing records that means exactly half of them were associated with losing and the other five were not.

It makes no sense that the stat is meaningless AND it's associated more with losing. The second concept gives meaning to the stat.

And if you believe Russell Wilson and Cam Newton running had nothing to do with their teams winning then there's truly no point in listening to your opinions.

you are literally wrong. If five of the top 10 rushing and had losing records that means exactly half of them were associated with losing and the other five were not.

It makes no sense that the stat is meaningless AND it's associated more with losing. The second concept gives meaning to the stat.

And if you believe Russell Wilson and Cam Newton running had nothing to do with their teams winning then there's truly no point in listening to your opinions.

thank you. I felt the post was way out in left field as well but considering the source, not surprising.

It's associated more with losing than making the playoffs. Sorry should've been more clear.

It's meaningless when trying to prop somebody up.

It's associated more with losing than making the playoffs. Sorry should've been more clear.

It's meaningless when trying to prop somebody up.

It isn't meaningless. How can you possibly say that someone's football skill is meaningless to his evaluation as a player? Is jumping ability meaningless to a pass receiver? Is catching ability meaningless to a running back?

Cam Newton is a TOTALLY average quarterback without his running ability. His running ability "props him up" into the near-elite category.

As for losing vs making the playoffs, well, more teams have losing records than make the playoffs, so EVERYTHING is more associated with losing than making the playoffs.

What you're saying is just stupid. Better that you just recognize it than continue to try to defend something that's stupid.

I'm with you on this. How on earth could a players actual contributions to the team be relevant?

When Tyrod runs into the end zone the refs just throw the ball to the other team and everyone moves on to the next drive. No points are added and no one celebrates. Pretty weird rule but I get it.

It isn't meaningless. How can you possibly say that someone's football skill is meaningless to his evaluation as a player? Is jumping ability meaningless to a pass receiver? Is catching ability meaningless to a running back?

Cam Newton is a TOTALLY average quarterback without his running ability. His running ability "props him up" into the near-elite category.

As for losing vs making the playoffs, well, more teams have losing records than make the playoffs, so EVERYTHING is more associated with losing than making the playoffs.

What you're saying is just stupid. Better that you just recognize it than continue to try to defend something that's stupid.

so, what does that make Taylor?

Newton's lowest passing yards in 1 year: 3,127

Taylor's highest passing yards in 1 year: 3,035

Newton's lowest passing TD in 1 year: 18

Taylor's highest passing TD in 1 year: 20

Edited by Runninrams

I'm with you on this. How on earth could a players actual contributions to the team be relevant?

Huh?

When Tyrod runs into the end zone the refs just throw the ball to the other team and everyone moves on to the next drive. No points are added and no one celebrates. Pretty weird rule but I get it.

Remember when you tried to tell me QB rushing yards was associated with the playoffs?

Me too.

It's almost as dumb as people bitching about Tyrod and the offense being top 7 in scoring offense but "Tyrod needs more passing touchdowns!" Forgot about the rule that passing touchdowns count for more points....

Tyrod needs to score more than the #19th QB, regardless of how good Shady McCoy is.

It's almost as dumb as people bitching about Tyrod and the offense being top 7 in scoring offense but "Tyrod needs more passing touchdowns!" Forgot about the rule that passing touchdowns count for more points....

This is amongst my biggest pet peeves on here. I don't care if every TD is a 1 yard run by Dareus. It counts the same as a 99 yard TD pass.

Tyrod needs to score more than the #19th QB, regardless of how good Shady McCoy is.

The offense was the 7th highest scoring offense in the league through 16 weeks. Edited by Kirby Jackson

This is amongst my biggest pet peeves on here. I don't care if every TD is a 1 yard run by Dareus. It counts the same as a 99 yard TD pass.

The offense was the 7th highest scoring offense in the league through 16 weeks.

That's nice. I forgot "TT" and "the offense" became synonymous.