NFC Championship

gomper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

defender recovered the fumble on the one yard line. Then rolled backwards into the endzone intentionally where he gave himself up. Should be a safety.

Like on a kickoff, once the ball is possessed past the goal line - if you go backwards into the endzone and get tackled, it is a safety.

This Atlanta O is too good

defender recovered the fumble on the one yard line. Then rolled backwards into the endzone intentionally where he gave himself up. Should be a safety.

Like on a kickoff, once the ball is possessed past the goal line - if you go backwards into the endzone and get tackled, it is a safety.

They'd argue momentum carried him in when he got control.

They'd argue momentum carried him in when he got control.

Oh, I am sure they will make excuses for it.

I want Atlanta to win anyway because I think they are more likely to beat the Patriots, but Green Bay got boned by the refs there. It was quite obvious that the guy was down and laying on the one yard line then chose to roll backwards. That defender is an idiot though. He should have cost his team 2 points and a possession. Total luck on his part.

Almost as dumb as Mike G not realizing a kickoff is a live ball. Doh!

Edited by PolishDave

Who still thinks Matt Ryan isn't elite?

I thought the ball should have been placed at the 1. Was wondering if a challenge might be warranted, but i am not sure if you can challange that play.

You could challenge the spot. Then again, maybe not. I don't know. Seems like the Green Bay bench should have been making a stink about it. Wonder if they were?

Edited by PolishDave

Matt Ryan is pretty good but I have a hard time giving him credit for this showing so far, GB defense looks lost out there. Guys running wide open all over the damn place, Gabriel dropped one and Ryan made a bad throw to a wide open Julio or this could be even worse.

I'm trying to imagine ways that BB will come up to slow down this attack?

You could challenge the spot. Then again, maybe not. I don't know. Seems like the Green Bay bench should have been making a stink about it. Wonder if they were?

I replayed it a few times. Looked pretty clear to me that his momentum carried him into the end zone. Looked like the right call to me.

Probably gonna find out in 2 weeks. I don't see any way the Steerlers win today.

I'm hopeful that Bell and the boys come to play and don't give them an easy pass to the SB. I don't trust Ben not to screw things up though so the transitions from beer to alcohol will begin at 6pm sharp.

See Super Bowl XXV

Is that the Rams? Patriots had much better and more experienced LB's then.

Matt Ryan is pretty good but I have a hard time giving him credit for this showing so far, GB defense looks lost out there. Guys running wide open all over the damn place, Gabriel dropped one and Ryan made a bad throw to a wide open Julio or this could be even worse.

I'm trying to imagine ways that BB will come up to slow down this attack?

They are lost because Ryan is dazzling them.

this is from Blandino on Twitter..sorry don't know how to imbed. BTW, picture does not support this.

Here is the link

https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/823273543374958592

Gained possession with left leg touching the goal line so it is a touchback. Momentum and ball at 1-yd line if body part not in EZ.

Edited by plenzmd1