NFC Championship

gomper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm saying is that BB is a good coach..even though we all hate him and the Pats*

I agree, I hope like heck they lose tonight. If they face this offense I think their LB's and their lack of pass rush could really be a problem for them.

Turn out the lights at halftime for an hour and let them cool off?

this is from Blandino on Twitter..sorry don't know how to imbed. BTW, picture does not support this.

Here is the link

https://twitter.com/DeanBlandino/status/823273543374958592

Gained possession with left leg touching the goal line so it is a touchback. Momentum and ball at 1-yd line if body part not in EZ.

It was obvious that the player rolling into the endzone was intentional.

His leg did hit the endzone unintentionally though before he chose to roll into the endzone.

However, I though the rule was based on the position of the football, not where the player's body parts were.

When the ball is live - like on a kickoff - if the player stands on the goal line and falls forward to the 1 or 2 yard line while keeping his feet in the endzone, the ball is still considered advanced to the one or two wherever the ball ended up. I don't see how that would be any different on a fumble. It is still a live ball.

I'd love to see a ref explain what the rule is that has to do with his leg touching the endzone. If it is based on the position of the football, then I don't see how that could have been called anything but a safety.