The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Oh, that nonsense started earlier....................

lapdog-carry-water_new.jpg............The New York Times

I want someone to report that Trump "created or saved" more jobs than Obama already, and watch the NYT and Post try to explain why "created or saved" now isn't a valid measure of job growth.

• Like (+1) 1

Are we crediting domestic economic growth to leaders of the executive branch again? 

It will be fun to see how it all plays out. ?

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I want someone to report that Trump "created or saved" more jobs than Obama already, and watch the NYT and Post try to explain why "created or saved" now isn't a valid measure of job growth.

We can do that, you and I. On Xmas eve, I learned the immigrants were taking all our manufacturing jobs. Damn them! If only we sent them back home the robots we built to bolt a fender on to a frame would stop operating. 

• Like (+1) 1

THIS IS ELECTORAL GOLD, JERRY! GOLD! 

Democrats Release Tax-Hike Plan. 

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scaleAt least the accompanying photo features the fresh faces of the party’s youthful leadership...:lol:

This week, Congressional Democrats released a detailed tax hike plan that they promised to implement if given majority control of the House and Senate after the 2018 midterm elections. So much for the crocodile tears about the deficit--Democrats want to raise taxes not to reduce the debt, but rather to spend that tax hike money on boondoggle projects.

As you might expect, hold onto your wallets. Here are the details:

(At the link:)

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scaleAt least the accompanying photo features the fresh faces of the party’s youthful leadership...:lol:

This week, Congressional Democrats released a detailed tax hike plan that they promised to implement if given majority control of the House and Senate after the 2018 midterm elections. So much for the crocodile tears about the deficit--Democrats want to raise taxes not to reduce the debt, but rather to spend that tax hike money on boondoggle projects.

Is there anything more boring and predictable from the left than tax and spend?  What a bunch of simpletons. 

Republicans are sucking too with tax cut and spend. 

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I never thought it was possible. They've actually found something beyond full retard. This is some type of quantum retardation.

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I never thought it was possible. They've actually found something beyond full retard. This is some type of quantum retardation.

They want to create temporary infrastructure jobs by raising taxes on corporations that could be used for permanent jobs by those corporations?  Yeah that's some quantum retardation right there.  

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They want to create temporary infrastructure jobs by raising taxes on corporations that could be used for permanent jobs by those corporations?  Yeah that's some quantum retardation right there.  

That and running on a platform of raising taxes, to go along with their platform of favoring illegal immigrants over actual citizens.

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Not only have they gone beyond full retard, they have gone beyond full gator

With a T-Shirt

And a press conference

Does the concept of leverage/over leverage and history ever ring a bell with anyone here?

In 2000 GW took a good economy and leveraged the hell out of the Federal government by dropping taxes, increasing spending and bloating the deficit. The American household jumped right in by increasing household debt to record levels....predictably 2008 happened.

Trump made a living (or dying) by over leverage.

Someone who is smart - maybe the smartest man in the room - can tell me how this current cocktail is any different that 2002-2007....2016 we had an economy at pretty full employment and a deficit that was under control....now DT and the GOP drop taxes, significantly raise spending - aaannnnndddd the typical household is following suit by returning to record levels of debt....having a party aint hard to do when you are borrowing the money to do it...

It's not where you start...its where you finish...just ask GW....

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

pretty full employment????

how is that defined?

is that really a goal for a government since 1973?

Is there a response to my question in there?

Edited by baskin
content

17 minutes ago, baskin said:

Does the concept of leverage/over leverage and history ever ring a bell with anyone here?

In 2000 GW took a good economy and leveraged the hell out of the Federal government by dropping taxes, increasing spending and bloating the deficit. The American household jumped right in by increasing household debt to record levels....predictably 2008 happened.

Trump made a living (or dying) by over leverage.

Someone who is smart - maybe the smartest man in the room - can tell me how this current cocktail is any different that 2002-2007....2016 we had an economy at pretty full employment and a deficit that was under control....now DT and the GOP drop taxes, significantly raise spending - aaannnnndddd the typical household is following suit by returning to record levels of debt....having a party aint hard to do when you are borrowing the money to do it...

It's not where you start...its where you finish...just ask GW....

I think you'll find that many of those who are going to be swept up in the massive DIA operation proceeding under President Trump for systemic corruption, crimes against the state, treason, financial crimes, and human trafficking sit at the very top of the global financial system which is what has allowed them to dictate to and control governments around the world.  The financial systems, which they own, are what has made all of the crimes and evil (yes) possible because of the influence it allows them to exert.  In the wake of what is coming this financial system will need to be replaced.  Peoples lives are getting better.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I think you'll find that many of those who are going to be swept up in the massive DIA operation proceeding under President Trump for systemic corruption, crimes against the state, treason, financial crimes, and human trafficking sit at the very top of the global financial system which is what has allowed them to dictate to and control governments around the world.  The financial systems, which they own, are what has made all of the crimes and evil (yes) possible because of the influence it allows them to exert.  In the wake of what is coming this financial system will need to be replaced.  Peoples lives are getting better.

Wha?

Sorry - I don't share you imagination...I tend to think things are pretty simple...we have a mature economy that has a max speed of 2.5 percent GDP growth - I tend to think the only thing that is going to increase that - not artificially - is getting more of the wealth created into poorer peoples hands - who tend to spend more...

What we have now is pretty simple...we have a 20 trillion dollar economy...add 300-500 billion in borrowed money leverage through unfunded tax cuts and deficit spending (on both the government and household side)....magic GDP growth...DT and the GDP have done anything structurally to make the US healthier - the current uptick is entirely predictable based on leverage - and it is not sustainable

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, baskin said:

Wha?

Sorry - I don't share you imagination...I tend to think things are pretty simple...we have a mature economy that has a max speed of 2.5 percent GDP growth - I tend to think the only thing that is going to increase that - not artificially - is getting more of the wealth created into poorer peoples hands - who tend to spend more...

What we have now is pretty simple...we have a 20 trillion dollar economy...add 300-500 billion in borrowed money leverage through unfunded tax cuts and deficit spending (on both the government and household side)....magic GDP growth...DT and the GDP have done anything structurally to make the US healthier - the current uptick is entirely predictable based on leverage - and it is not sustainable

And my point is that I think it's inevitable that we move away from central banking, at least as it is currently organized, over the next 7 years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And my point is that I think it's inevitable that we move away from central banking, at least as it is currently organized, over the next 7 years.

move to what?

On 3/10/2018 at 11:55 PM, /dev/null said:

Not only have they gone beyond full retard, they have gone beyond full gator

With a T-Shirt

And a press conference

I suspect the other DNC mid-term push will be their other big growth program: economic growth by increasing the welfare rolls, based on the fact that every dollar spent on welfare returns $1.50 to the economy.

The math is settled!!