The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

So he wants a tariff.   

What plan is in place to offset this by increasing lower cost US Steel?

Trump in turning into a great politician.  Making proclamations without any hint of plan or even a thought. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Trump in turning into a great politician.  Making proclamations without any hint of plan or even a thought. 

I'm not a fan of governing via proclamation (Executive Order).  

That said, my take on the tariff tweets is to consider Trump's past.  He spent decades negotiating business deals and wrote a book The Art of the Deal.  Trump is just posturing ahead of future trade talks

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So he wants a tariff.   

What plan is in place to offset this by increasing steel production at a lower cost in the US Steel industry?

Political blather, one should be used to it when they turn 17 

8 hours ago, sherpa said:

Do you actually read what you write before you post?

Did you mean "countries" but mistakenly posted "counties?"

"Europe is targeted orange juice?"

You then post a theory that what this goof said was a temper response, and claim it as fact.

The dukes are gonna make a shitton on the future of frozen concentrate OJ

3 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Do you actually read the news before you post?

Of all the posts on this page, Tiberius's was the only one with actual facts in it; the rest are speculation or extremely bad "jokes." Every post before Tiberius's had typos in it, as did the posts after. Why not go after those? Nor did he "post a theory" as he was clearly referring to reports of the developing story; either way, concluding that he was "claim[ing] it as fact" is a leap considering the way he included "apparently" as a qualifier. Even if we take Tiberius's post in the worst light possible, it is still far more considerate & coherent than row_33's drive-by graffiti on his best day.

I don't know either of you, nor do I care, but typos can be chalked up to mistake. Harder to find an innocent explanation for your post, though.

It's just some lame ass "shoot the messenger" bullsh*t.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/us/politics/trump-tariffs-steel-aluminum.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-was-angry-unglued-when-he-started-trade-war-officials-n852641

You're a bad joke, shitnugget

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I'm not a fan of governing via proclamation (Executive Order).  

That said, my take on the tariff tweets is to consider Trump's past.  He spent decades negotiating business deals and wrote a book The Art of the Deal.  Trump is just posturing ahead of future trade talks

That’s what all the contorting conservatives are hoping...you know, the ones who have abandoned all conservative principles to support Trump. 

I suppose we’ll have an answer this coming week. But based on the press blitz Trump’s moronic underlings are undertaking, it would appear the Trumpian conservatives will have to find a new (contorted) position to take.

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

That’s what all the contorting conservatives are hoping...you know, the ones who have abandoned all conservative principles to support Trump. 

I suppose we’ll have an answer this coming week. But based on the press blitz Trump’s moronic underlings are undertaking, it would appear the Trumpian conservatives will have to find a new (contorted) position to take.

You really this lonely and desparate and stooooopid?

Edited by row_33

You’re all missing the point. “All” the pundits were grousing and bitching for months that the markets were over inflated and way over due for a correction. It just wasn’t happening by itself, so he stepped in and make it correct itself. MAGA :nana:

2 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

Can you provide a list of all conservatives who have abandoned their principles to support Trump?

In fact, don't list all of them. Just list the first 10 who me to your mind.

8 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Of all the posts on this page, Tiberius's was the only one with actual facts in it; the rest are speculation or extremely bad "jokes."

It's good to see that this forum can be good comic relief once in a while

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Make up your mind.  Is it a threat or a decision?

According to NBC, he's threatening to decide to launch a potential trade war.  

According to LA Grant, that's what's called a "fact."  :wacko:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

image.jpg

Haha, yeah, ya Plato's cave-dwellin' b*tch. I'm sure the sun is scary when you've been staring at shadows on the wall for as long as you have, but yelling "fake news" at it doesn't make it any less warm and bright. Facts

On at least the last two pages of this thread, only Tiberius and myself made any reference toward facts from the actual goddamn news from the real world. Does anyone here get their news at least partly from the NY Times? Or is it only memes, American Thinker op-eds, and speculative message board fantasies?

The rest have been weak jokes, weaker bullying attempts, and some profoundly depressed dreamers.

57 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

According to NBC, he's threatening to decide to launch a potential trade war.  

According to LA Grant, that's what's called a "fact."  :wacko:

"Threatening to decide to launch a potential trade war" would be from MagaMan himself, ya old c*nt.

You seem to be struggling with definitions lately. If these symptoms persist, you may want to make an appointment with Dr. Harold Bornstein to see if there's any treatment for such a 'disease.' At the very least, a helmet to prevent you from getting sniped from the balcony.

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Can you provide a list of all conservatives who have abandoned their principles to support Trump?

In fact, don't list all of them. Just list the first 10 who me to your mind.

Can you provide a list of every time you've employed this sh*tty rhetorical device?

In fact, don't list all of them. Just list the first 10 where you actually stayed in the pocket of a debate, or provided information on your own, or stayed in the debate after said information was provided for your lazy ass, ya smug pr*ck.

We'll wait.

Edited by LA Grant

13 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Haha, yeah, ya Plato's cave-dwellin' b*tch. I'm sure the sun is scary when you've been staring at shadows on the wall for as long as you have, but yelling "fake news" at it doesn't make it any less warm and bright. Facts

On at least the last two pages of this thread, only Tiberius and myself made any reference toward facts from the actual goddamn news from the real world. Does anyone here get their news at least partly from the NY Times? Or is it only memes, American Thinker op-eds, and speculative message board fantasies?

The rest have been weak jokes, weaker bullying attempts, and some profoundly depressed dreamers.

"Threatening to decide to launch a potential trade war" would be from MagaMan himself, ya old c*nt.

You seem to be struggling with definitions lately. If these symptoms persist, you may want to make an appointment with Dr. Harold Bornstein to see if there's any treatment for such a 'disease.' At the very least, a helmet to prevent you from getting sniped from the balcony.

Can you provide a list of every time you've employed this sh*tty rhetorical device?

In fact, don't list all of them. Just list the first 10 where you actually stayed in the pocket of a debate, or provided information on your own, or stayed in the debate after said information was provided for your lazy ass, ya smug pr*ck.

We'll wait.

Is the wheel broken, or the hamster sleeping?

... What country is expected to have the greatest demand for steel by 2030, increasing from 60kg per capita consumption to 160kg? This same country foresees the biggest problem to this rising demand is a lack of capacity to produce the steel locally.

Anyone?

This same country is about to enter into a FTA with the US which will, more than likely, involve zero tariffs and shut out other steel producing rivals such as China while opening the market up for US steel.

Anyone know? More importantly, anyone know why this isn't being discussed by those reaching hysterical levels over a negotiating tactic?

Which is it, Ms. May? 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35951108

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More importantly, anyone know why this isn't being discussed by those reaching hysterical levels over a negotiating tactic?

But they are "threatening" !

didn't you see LA Rant's response?

don't you realize that he and gator are the only ones using facts and quoting the "approved" sources ?

LOL , I swear they never really understand other responses except through their own little bias prism  

• Haha (+1) 1