The Trump Economy

GG

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

But they are "threatening" !

didn't you see LA Rant's response?

don't you realize that he and gator are the only ones using facts and quoting the "approved" sources ?

LOL , I swear they never really understand other responses except through their own little bias prism  

All true. 

Economics is not my strong suit - I've never pretended otherwise - but a little digging on my own put this one together. It's amazing to me hardly anyone is mentioning it because it sure does seem relevant to the conversation. 

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/policy/us-looking-at-free-trade-agreement-with-india/article10026929.ece

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

But they are "threatening" !

didn't you see LA Rant's response?

don't you realize that he and gator are the only ones using facts and quoting the "approved" sources ?

LOL , I swear they never really understand other responses except through their own little bias prism  

No, they're threatening to decide on potential!

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

image.jpg

Unapproved meme ALERT

** Tombstone provision invoked ?

Tombstone provision does not apply here, as "The Dude" has ruined it by being too stupid to use a Jeff Bridges avatar.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Tombstone provision does not apply here, as "The Dude" has ruined it by being too stupid to use a Jeff Bridges avatar.

As invoking Hitler and the Nazi's is reffered to "Godwin" a thread, I propose henceforth that inaccurate invoking of Tombstone be known to "The Dude" a thread

22 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Can you provide a list of all conservatives who have abandoned their principles to support Trump?

In fact, don't list all of them. Just list the first 10 who me to your mind.

Ryan and Pence are the most egregious and prominent. Both railed against spending in favour of fiscal conservatism when they arrived on the scene, and now back a tax cut for the rich that will add trillions to the deficit. Although Ryan finally found his voice today and spoke out about the planned unilateral tariffs.

And the contorting doesn’t stop with economic beliefs. How about every Christian and Evangelical who spouts support for a man who was caught on video bragging about sexually assaulting women in the exact same manner he was accused of 10 years earlier? 

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Ryan and Pence are the most egregious and prominent. Both railed against spending in favour of fiscal conservatism when they arrived on the scene, and now back a tax cut for the rich that will add trillions to the deficit. Although Ryan finally found his voice today and spoke out about the planned unilateral tariffs.

And the contorting doesn’t stop with economic beliefs. How about every Christian and Evangelical who spouts support for a man who was caught on video bragging about sexually assaulting women in the exact same manner he was accused of 10 years earlier? 

Or how about those pro-life people attempting to gut our health care system? They can care less about saving lives 

2 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

When did Christians and Evangelicals ever support Bill Clinton?

Hypocritical humor aside, what you're saying is that all Christians and Evangelicals are conservative.

Do you really believe that?

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

When did Christians and Evangelicals ever support Bill Clinton?

Hypocritical humor aside, what you're saying is that all Christians and Evangelicals are conservative.

Do you really believe that?

I think what he's saying is that all Christians and Evangelicals (Evangelicals are Christians, so he's already betraying his ignorance here) have abandoned their principals by offering their political support to a candidate who doesn't consistently embody Christian values in his own life.

It's a stupid point to make, which essentially says that Christians shouldn't vote in their own self interest, and should essentially stay home and be dictated to unless John the Baptist tumbles down from Heaven and runs for higher office.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Can you provide a list of every time you've employed this sh*tty rhetorical device?

In fact, don't list all of them. Just list the first 10 where you actually stayed in the pocket of a debate, or provided information on your own, or stayed in the debate after said information was provided for your lazy ass, ya smug pr*ck.

We'll wait.

Lazy ass? Smug prick?

Damn. I need to pay closer attention to this board. Had I known you were going to piss your nickers in anger, I would have tried to get a ticket to the show.

Why am I not surprised, however, that you think me asking someone to support their statements is considered a sh*tty rhetorical device? 

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's a stupid point to make, which essentially says that Christians shouldn't vote in their own self interest, and should essentially stay home and be dictated to unless John the Baptist tumbles down from Heaven and runs for higher office.

It's equally stupid because the handful of Christians who defend Trump are always getting criticized in conservative circles as hypocrites. Erick Erickson is usually at the front of that criticism. Big surprise since Trump insists his favorite book of the Bible is Two Corinthians.

Trump is no more a Christian than is he a Republican.  It's like Nancy Pelosi insisting she's a Catholic while taking millions of dollars from Planned Parenthood. It's all for the vote. Thinking people know better.

Edited by LABillzFan

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Lazy ass? Smug prick?

Damn. I need to pay closer attention to this board. Had I known you were going to piss your nickers in anger, I would have tried to get a ticket to the show.

Why am I not surprised, however, that you think me asking someone to support their statements is considered a sh*tty rhetorical device? 

It's the ****ty rhetorical device of obfuscation with clarity.

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Lazy ass? Smug prick?

It's equally stupid because the handful of Christians who defend Trump are always getting criticized in conservative circles as hypocrites. Erick Erickson is usually at the front of that criticism. Big surprise since Trump insists his favorite book of the Bible is Two Corinthians.

Trump is no more a Christian than is he a Republican.  It's like Nancy Pelosi insisting she's a Catholic while taking millions of dollars from Planned Parenthood. It's all for the vote. Thinking people know better.

Those from the UK pronounce it Two Corinthians, of which there are a huge proportion ordained in North America that pronounce it that way.