The Trump Economy

GG

18 hours ago, ALF said:

Ok forget the trade deficit , how would you balance the budget ?

The national debt when Carter left office was less then $1T , jmo  it's not good now. If enough workers were making enough to pay taxes would the deficit be less now ? 

The best way is to stop spending so much. Here's a decent article for non-economists like you and me:

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u-s-federal-government-tax-revenue-3305762

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Will the NBA sanction Kobe?

He did just won an Oscar... But I was going to go with a different joke

That I had heard of Kobe beef and I have heard of Kobe Bryant but I have never heard of Kobe steel. Do they massage it and nurture it like they do the beef? Or do they take it in the bathroom and anally rape it like Kobe Bryant?

So Cohn's gone. He got his tax cuts through and is now out the door. I remember he was under a lot of pressure to resign after Charlottesville  because he is Jewish, but he wanted those tax cuts done. He resigns in the defense of free trade, I guess? 

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So Cohn's gone. He got his tax cuts through and is now out the door. I remember he was under a lot of pressure to resign after Charlottesville  because he is Jewish, but he wanted those tax cuts done. He resigns in the defense of free trade, I guess? 

It’s all part of trump’s genius negotiating strategy, or so I hear...

What POTUS will announce is “targeted exemptions” to the trade tariffs on Steel and Aluminum.  Not “targeted tariffs”, but rather “targeted exemptions”.

The exemption approach puts more power in the hands of Team ‘America-First’ than targeting the steel dumpers directly. Team Trump will reward good behavior.

Any nation that acts like a Chinese proxy in the trans-shipment problem will not get relief from the tariffs.  However, the nations that manufacture and trade honestly will be granted tariff relief.  This allows Team Trump to evaluate the origin of the Steel used by countries that want to import their finished goods into the U.S.  If they are using Chinese Steel, the tariff applies.  If they are using their own manufactured steel, there is no tariff.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/08/potus-trump-frames-stunning-win-on-steel-and-aluminum-tariffs-announcement-coming-330pm-today/

The unemployment rate for black Americans fell back down to an historic low in February, after spiking up in January.

Just 6.9 percent of black adults were unemployed in February, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the second-lowest such ratio since the agency has been keeping track.

The low mark was set in December, at 6.8 percent. Then, the rate spiked to 7.7 percent, but that increase proved short-lived.

President Trump has touted the fact that black unemployment has dipped so low on his watch, including during his State of the Union address.

When the black jobless rate hit the record low in January, though, the NAACP gave credit to the long-running recovery that began under former President Barack Obama, rather than to Trump specifically, and noted that blacks still suffer much higher rates of unemployment than whites.

Nevertheless, the recovery has also shrunk the unemployment gap between black and white Americans.

Hispanic workers, too, are currently enjoying historically low rates of unemployment. At 4.9 percent in February, Hispanic unemployment is just a tenth of a percentage point above the historic low.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

Jobs Report: 313,000 Jobs Added in February

Revised numbers show higher job growth in December and January.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This where we start hearing that how these numbers really belong to Obama. :lol:

Well, between the economic numbers, the destruction of ISIS, and the olive branch being floated by Best Korea, I can't imagine why we didn't elect Obama to be President for life.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

Well, between the economic numbers, the destruction of ISIS, and the olive branch being floated by Best Korea, I can't imagine why we didn't elect Obama to be President for life.

Don't forget the massive human rights reforms and leadership purge in Saudi Arabia, the cutting off of funding for Hezbollah, and what looks to be the end of the reign of the Mullahs in Iran.

Thanks Obama!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This where we start hearing that how these numbers really belong to Obama. :lol:

Oh, that nonsense started earlier....................

TkTOM2Cb_normal.jpg NYT Politics

@nytpolitics 
Blockbuster job growth in February suggests this economy, already nine years into expansion, may yet have room to run http://nyti.ms/2FntOUN 

lapdog-carry-water_new.jpg............The New York Times

• Like (+1) 2