The Trump Economy

GG

51 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Which means what, exactly? That you can fill out a piece of paper?

Suggesting you're not a liberal because you're a registered independent is like suggesting you never go to a grocery store because you have a Costco membership.

Maybe tomorrow you can tell us how much of a man you are because you slept with three different women last week.

I wish I had that automatic response: "you're an idiot."

I never said I'm not a liberal--I'm not a democrat you dolt.  It's become a party that caters to wall street and silicon valley, not average Americans. Since when does being an independent mean you must be conservative? To me, being an independent doesn't mean you lean one way or another, it means you don't want to be associated with the two-party system. I despise Nancy and Chuck.  I also hold some views that are consistent with libertarians, like legalizing drugs and being anti-war, for example.  

Go back and read what I said which was "I can laugh at both parties."

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TPS said:

I never said I'm not a liberal--I'm not a democrat you dolt.  It's become a party that caters to wall street and silicon valley, not average Americans. Since when does being an independent mean you must be conservative? To me, being an independent doesn't mean you lean one way or another, it means you don't want to be associated with the two-party system. I despise Nancy and Chuck.  I also hold some views that are consistent with libertarians, like legalizing drugs and being anti-war, for example.  

A Chosen One who transcends the common thoughts of mere mortals on a football board....

39 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yeah. Okay. You blend.  

You're the one who brought up how you were registered. All I did was point out how !@#$ moronic that is. It means absolutely nothing beyond the fact that you can fill out a piece of paper.

It's right up there with "I'm smarter than you because I drive a BMW." It is literally THAT kind of moronic.

But hey...you keep trying to explain how nobody puts baby in a corner.  It's so convincing. :lol:

47 minutes ago, TPS said:

That's your own fault.  You could have been in on the ground floor when Tom developed the Tombot and I licensed use of the meme

Now I do have an idea for expanding the Tombot into the Twitterverse that will automatically Tweet a customized "You're an Idiot" response of 140 characters or less

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

That's your own fault.  You could have been in on the ground floor when Tom developed the Tombot and I licensed use of the meme

Now I do have an idea for expanding the Tombot into the Twitterverse that will automatically Tweet a customized "You're an Idiot" response of 140 characters or less

Count me in.

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Yeah. Okay. You blend.  

You're the one who brought up how you were registered. All I did was point out how !@#$ moronic that is. It means absolutely nothing beyond the fact that you can fill out a piece of paper.

It's right up there with "I'm smarter than you because I drive a BMW." It is literally THAT kind of moronic.

But hey...you keep trying to explain how nobody puts baby in a corner.  It's so convincing. :lol:

Yes, I brought up being registered because apparently it didn't register with you that's what I meant when I said "I'm an independent."  

Maybe you can tell me what you think being an independent means since you seem to be so upset with my statement?

• 2 weeks later...

JUST WHAT KIND OF MAGIC WAND DO YOU HAVE? Manufacturing in U.S. Expands at Fastest Pace Since May 2004.

The report showed factories are having some difficulty keeping up with demand.”

Flashback:

During a PBS town hall that aired Wednesday, Obama referenced Trump’s promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it,” Obama said.

“He just says, ‘Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.’ Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

Obama has slammed Trump in the past.

And now it’s Obama who’s in the past.

On 2/14/2018 at 5:10 PM, LABillzFan said:

Yeah. Okay. You blend.  

I'm smarter than the guy who drives a BMW because I drive a Honda.

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

JUST WHAT KIND OF MAGIC WAND DO YOU HAVE? Manufacturing in U.S. Expands at Fastest Pace Since May 2004.

The report showed factories are having some difficulty keeping up with demand.”

Flashback:

During a PBS town hall that aired Wednesday, Obama referenced Trump’s promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it,” Obama said.

“He just says, ‘Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.’ Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

Obama has slammed Trump in the past.

And now it’s Obama who’s in the past.

Probably because, until now, Trump has been kept away from economic policy. The tariff war is beyond stupid.

putin does like the US splintering it's international relationships, though. 

13 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's almost like Trump was a life-long Democrat who simply change party affiliation to run for office.

Gee. If only someone saw that coming.

How do you think he won the rust belt states?  It was a brilliant electoral college campaign that was so strong it trumped his personal eccentricities that turned a lot of people off.

Edited by Doc Brown

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

How do you think he won the rust belt states?  It was a brilliant electoral college campaign that was so strong it trumped his personal eccentricities that turned a lot of people off.

Trump won by promising jobs to return,  after Obama joked and postured smugly that the jobs were all gone and Trump could not wave a magic wand and bring them back.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm no pollster or political junkie, but I've said it before; Trump didn't win. Hillary lost.

Trump appealed to the people who were forgotten in the previous eight years by an administration that chose its base over the country. Whatever you want to think about Obama, he absolutely pissed all over everyone not considered his base. Bitter clingers, etc. He hated cops and make no effort to hide it. He hated the military, and made no effort to hide it. He played to his base all day, everyday.

Now factor in that Hillary was, far and away, the single worst candidate running the single worst campaign I had ever seen,  and I genuinely thought John McCain would hold that belt for years. So she won precisely and only what was left after eight years of Obama:  the base. Elite liberals in uber-rich cities and states.

He didn't win. She lost.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but that has little to do with my point.

Do those who are "outraged" by this have any idea how the US is disadvantaged in trade?

Have you ever been to China and seen what US goods are priced at?

Is your outrage a reasonable response based on knowledge of how unfair and protectionist many of our trade partners are?

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Trump won by promising jobs to return,  after Obama joked and postured smugly that the jobs were all gone and Trump could not wave a magic wand and bring them back.

Sure you can artificially boost these jobs and industries back, but it’s just robbing Peter to pay Paul.