The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Taking a date to The Russian Tea Room probably doesn’t count. 

What if you have Russian dressing on your salad, drinking White Russians and Moscow Mules, while on that date at The Russian Tea Room?

1 hour ago, GG said:

I would if I could. You'll just have to trust me. 

Here's an article on the trend, which has been in a long term decline. The point I make, and the articles I posted, is that corps have been more focused on financial manipulations to "create value" than real investments. That doesn't mean that things aren't about to change, and in fact as the article points out, there are a lot of factors that suggest there could be a surge--the age of the capital stock probably the most important.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/06/06/2189480/us-capex-investment-and-growth/

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

What if you have Russian dressing on your salad, drinking White Russians and Moscow Mules, while on that date at The Russian Tea Room?

You raysis you. How could you mention White Russians and exclude Black Russians?

5 hours ago, Koko78 said:

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You raysis you. How could you mention White Russians and exclude Black Russians?

#BelarusianLivesMatter

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just so you know a White Russian was first a Black Russian. A more appropriate name for your White Russian would be a Michael Jackson.

Blasphemy, good sir. A proper bartender never allows his Russians to become black. To do so is unseemly.

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

horrible news, Trump is a tyrant, impeach him!!!!!

and all it took was actually trying to start and keep jobs in the US?

just for one second getting off one's political duff and TRYING AT ALL?????

Come now, you know that this is simply a delayed reaction of Obama's benevolent wonderful economic policies. Sure, we had to have 8 'summers of recovery', but the reforms finally took hold and are making things great, 1 year, 2 months and 9 days since he left office. Obama's policies were so fantastic, they even let the market bounce back after we have occasional days of Trump-slumps in the market.

41 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Come now, you know that this is simply a delayed reaction of Obama's benevolent wonderful economic policies. Sure, we had to have 8 'summers of recovery', but the reforms finally took hold and are making things great, 1 year, 2 months and 9 days since he left office. Obama's policies were so fantastic, they even let the market bounce back after we have occasional days of Trump-slumps in the market.

I recall Obama glorifying in his smugness saying Trump can't bring jobs back, they are gone forever, so sucks to have been born as nobody has any use for you...

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I recall Obama glorifying in his smugness saying Trump can't bring jobs back, they are gone forever, so sucks to have been born as nobody has any use for you...

44's (and his handlers') goal was to break America - its spirit, its republic, its military, and its economy. He had set it up perfectly... Then November 8th, '16 happened. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

44's (and his handlers') goal was to break America - its spirit, its republic, its military, and its economy. He had set it up perfectly... Then November 8th, '16 happened. 

If that was Obama's goal, he did a pretty crappy job at it.