The Trump Economy

GG

4 minutes ago, garybusey said:

If that was Obama's goal, he did a pretty crappy job at it.

It was - and it was the contuation of several prior administrations. 

*Offshore the economy

*Install and beef up the massive surevellence state 

*Control the message through state sponsored media (2012)

*Destroy the justice system and the peoples' ability to have a voice in government 

* Deplete the military's ability to fight (outsourcing and importing ****ty steel = piss poor weapons and defense platforms)

* Aid and abet our most hostile enemies (over $2B to Iran and terror networks, while allowing them to build footholds in the ME and domestically)

*Flood the country with illegals - dividing the nation 

... Then kick off a shooting war with the largest nuclear power on Earth with the next administration and watch the empire crumble. 

Almost worked. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

44's (and his handlers') goal was to break America - its spirit, its republic, its military, and its economy. He had set it up perfectly... Then November 8th, '16 happened. 

it was kinda very bleak for people with zero or low skills

at least its nice the President is trying to get people working

oh yeah, that's what everyone between LA and NYC was counting on, wasn't it...

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Come now, you know that this is simply a delayed reaction of Obama's benevolent wonderful economic policies. Sure, we had to have 8 'summers of recovery', but the reforms finally took hold and are making things great, 1 year, 2 months and 9 days since he left office. Obama's policies were so fantastic, they even let the market bounce back after we have occasional days of Trump-slumps in the market.

All of this cheer leading about jobs is certainly done with blinders on, as if nothing was going on previously. The fact is the total number of jobs created for each year of Obama's second term was greater than 2017, Trump's first year. Let me re-phrase this: job growth in Trump's first year was less than any year of Obama's second term. Trump's first year was simply a continuation of growth, nothing more.  I'm not crediting Obama, rather, as long as the economy is allowed to expand--without the Fed putting an end to it, employment grows, and employment was growing under Trump's first year at rate less than the previous four--there were no policies changes that would impact total employment.

Now, as I have predicted based on the tax cuts, I fully expect this year to be much stronger.  He can certainly take credit for any impact this year, as he should also take blame for the significant expansion of the deficit which is the source of that impact.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, garybusey said:

I'm guessing you're just as vigilant over Liz Warren's false & misleading statements that send financial stocks into a tail spin?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's not how securities law works.

a class action suit could be filed, millions of customers getting 80 cents back each after 5 years if it wins

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

a class action suit could be filed, millions of customers getting 80 cents back each after 5 years if it wins

Every time I have a stock drop more than 5%, I get at least three notices of class action lawsuits against the company's management to get my losses back.  

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Every time I have a stock drop more than 5%, I get at least three notices of class action lawsuits against the company's management to get my losses back.  

It’s an interesting area of specialty, a few have focused on it at my office, never a lot of hours billed

China fires back, announcing tariffs on US planes, cars and soybeans

China is firing back in the escalating trade tensions with the United States, announcing plans for heavy new tariffs on dozens more US goods including aircraft, soybeans and autos.

The Chinese Ministry of Commerce on Wednesday said it plans to impose a 25% tariff on $50 billion worth of US exports.

China's announcement comes less than 24 hours after the Trump administration published a list of about 1,300 Chinese exports that it plans to target with tariffs.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/04/news/economy/china-tariffs-us-goods-soybeans/index.html

the stock market won't like this

48 minutes ago, ALF said:

China fires back, announcing tariffs on US planes, cars and soybeans

China is firing back in the escalating trade tensions with the United States, announcing plans for heavy new tariffs on dozens more US goods including aircraft, soybeans and autos.

The Chinese Ministry of Commerce on Wednesday said it plans to impose a 25% tariff on $50 billion worth of US exports.

China's announcement comes less than 24 hours after the Trump administration published a list of about 1,300 Chinese exports that it plans to target with tariffs.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/04/news/economy/china-tariffs-us-goods-soybeans/index.html

the stock market won't like this

Look who owns the companies they slapped. They're Chinese owned. They put tariffs on themselves. It's a mirage. 

(I'll leave it to the Econ experts. I only dug into a handful of them)

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Raise your hand if you love the idea of making shipping of Amazon stuff more expensive!! We can spend our tax cuts on higher costs of imported goods and more expensive shipping! Trumpbots will like the idea because Trump does. 

39 minutes ago, row_33 said:

DJIA bounced back again

i thought I'd have to get out an oaken barrel to live in the way people were dancing around joyfully the other day at the drop

Praise be Obama!