The Trump Economy

GG

I heard zero arguments about the economic miracle of Obama until recently, after Trump put confidence back into the business community

Trump Derangement Syndrome takes on another acid trip dimension.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Now libs insist on cutting spending

is there no limit to their unbridled gall and bull ****?

In a recession it's the Democratic position that deficit spending is necessary to stimulate the economy until private business prospects improve.  Republicans railed against that for eight years.  Of course Democrats are complaining now when Republicans cut federal taxes leading to an increase in the deficit when the economy in their view has recovered.  Both parties are being consistent in criticizing the other based on their ideology. 

Republicans for whatever reason are afraid to cut domestic spending to help offset increased military spending and less federal tax revenue coming in because of their tax bill.

Edited by Doc Brown

4 hours ago, snafu said:

It's a disgrace now -- just like it was a disgrace then. No administration should be proud of that one. 

It is.  Governments need to go on a diet.  The fed debt burden is going to be horrendous as debt and the rate at which the debt is financed continue to climb.  Trump and the Republicans are asleep at the switch on this at the moment.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Now libs insist on cutting spending

is there no limit to their unbridled gall and bull ****?

It is bull.  Republicans proving to be just as bad now after screaming about debt over the past decade and doing mostly nothing about it.  

33 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

In a recession it's the Democratic position that deficit spending is necessary to stimulate the economy until private business prospects improve.  Republicans railed against that for eight years.  Of course Democrats are complaining now when Republicans cut federal taxes leading to an increase in the deficit when the economy in their view has recovered.  Both parties are being consistent in criticizing the other based on their ideology. 

Republicans for whatever reason are afraid to cut domestic spending to help offset increased military spending and less federal tax revenue coming in because of their tax bill.

Every fed government agency can do with less even the Military.  Funny thing about our brains, if you ask yourself a question, your brain will usually come up with an answer.  So if Trump were to tell all agency heads, tell me how you all can live on 10% less in the coming years - there are answers and probably some good answers. 

Edited by keepthefaith

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

It won't matter until it does.  Until then the sun rises and sets and most (elected or voters) don't give a ****. 

I got 20 years if I’m lucky to be hurt by it so I hope we get past it.

rhe virtue signalling by the Dems is more egregious than the GOP spending more to boost the economy (which is risky)

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

In this last omnibus bill the dems went along with the increase in military spending only if domestic spending was increased. The republicans margins are so slim they had to have votes from the dems.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

In this last omnibus bill the dems went along with the increase in military spending only if domestic spending was increased. The republicans margins are so slim they had to have votes from the dems.

Well aware of that, but Trump should've vetoed it and drew a line in the sand when it comes to domestic spending.  He could've called it the Schumer shutdown part two.  Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Reagan.

“I have my veto pen drawn and ready for any tax increase that Congress might even think of sending up. And I have only one thing to say to the tax increasers. Go ahead — make my day.” -Ronald Reagan, 1985

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well aware of that, but Trump should've vetoed it and drew a line in the sand when it comes to domestic spending.  He could've called it the Schumer shutdown part two.  Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Reagan.

“I have my veto pen drawn and ready for any tax increase that Congress might even think of sending up. And I have only one thing to say to the tax increasers. Go ahead — make my day.” -Ronald Reagan, 1985

Yes, but preferably Ryan and McConnell would have taken a firmer stance than they did so it didn't come to that. It was ridiculous that Trump didn't get any real wall funding also.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, but preferably Ryan and McConnell would have taken a firmer stance than they did so it didn't come to that. It was ridiculous that Trump didn't get any real wall funding also.

What gets me is that there's actual language in the bill that prohibits building a wall (just fix existing fencing).  It's not a priority for them and I'm sure most of the special interest groups on both sides were happy with the bill.  The trick was selling it to the president and he probably feared a shutdown.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Who is y'all's financial advisor?

Deez nuts. 

Hope you’re well, bro. 

On 4/6/2018 at 10:33 AM, row_33 said:

Thanks juror, I enjoy your posts

Much appreciated. ;)

On 4/6/2018 at 5:07 PM, DC Tom said:

SPDR gold trust.  

I don't want to seem like I'm pumping shares, either...but I feel that gold as a hedge against rising interest rates and a trade war is pretty common knowledge.  And if I'm hedging, I prefer the low volatility of an index fund.

Awesome. Thanks. 

Edited by Juror#8

1 hour ago, Juror#8 said:

Deez nuts. 

Hope you’re well, bro. 

Much appreciated. ;)

Awesome. Thanks. 

I'm well.  You're a hell of a lot smarter than I am, JD is partially proof. So you probably know more about. My biggest investment is my land.

I should.just pay Jim to tell me what to do with the measly scraps of money I have.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Again.

It's like people think generations of status quo will change!