Dan Jeremiah Top 50 prospects in draft Kizer#1 QB

Reed83HOF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf51362710-sf51362710&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Garret Rated #1

Hooker #2

Hooker is a tall, rangy safety prospect with incredible instincts. He usually lines up as the high safety and he has an uncanny ability to anticipate throws, drive on the ball, and finish. He is ultra-fluid in his change of direction and has the ability to match up with tight ends in man coverage. He has the best ball skills of any safety I've ever evaluated in college. He is also a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Against the run, he is quick to key, read and fill the alley. He does have some fly-by missed tackles, but overall he's reliable in this area. Hooker has the potential to be one of the league's best safeties very early in his NFL career.

Kizer QB #15,

Kizer has a big, sturdy frame for the position and above-average athleticism. He operates from the shotgun and is very comfortable playing inside the pocket. He holds the ball shoulder high and has a nice, smooth throwing motion. He can make every throw with minimum strain. He can drive the ball into tight windows and he flashes the touch to make intermediate throws over linebackers and under safeties. He does have some mechanical issues at times, falling off throws, which can affect his ball placement. I love his poise in the pocket but he needs to speed up his clock at times. He takes some unnecessary sacks. When he does decide to run, he has sneaky quickness and can power through tacklers to pick up extra yardage. He racked up 18 rushing touchdowns over his two seasons as a starter. Overall, Kizer isn't a finished product but he has all of the desired tools to eventually develop into a solid starting NFL quarterback.

Trubisky #31

Trubisky, a junior, was only a one-year starter for the Tar Heels. He has average height and a thick, square build for the position. He operates in the shotgun and has quick feet in his setup. He has excellent pocket feel and awareness. He has a dip-whip delivery and he generates enough velocity to make all of the necessary throws. He is an anticipation thrower who shows the ability to read the entire field. His accuracy is good, but not great. He has some easy misses on simple underneath throws. He is a very good athlete and throws well on the move to both sides. He is effective on designed QB runs. Overall, Trubisky doesn't have a lot of experience but he has NFL starting ability.

Watson #32

Watson has average height and a lean, muscular build for the position. He operates in the shotgun. I love his poise, playmaking ability and intangibles. He holds the ball by his ear and has a smooth, quick delivery. He has enough arm strength to make all of the throws. His accuracy has been very inconsistent, especially on the deep ball. He has some bad misses on tape. He does show the ability to quickly work through progressions and stay poised in the pocket. His decision-making has been another area that needs improvement. He really struggled with red-zone interceptions in his final season. He is a very effective runner. He is slithery to avoid tacklers and has shown outstanding toughness both as a runner and in the pocket. Overall, I think Watson has a lot of upside at the position but his accuracy issues and decision-making are concerns

Edited by Reed83HOF

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprise, most of that is pretty consistent with what I have been seeing from most sources. Despite some delusional dreams of grander things with Watson on this board, by most accounts he is outside the top 30 of prospects in this draft and usually the 3rd QB as well.

The dumbest thing Cleveland could do in this draft would be to draft any QB at number 1. Myles is hands down the best prospect in this draft and a major need for the talentless Browns too. If I am Cleveland, I run to the podium to take Myles (unless some team offers me a very good package to trade up to the top spot), look to land one of the offensive weapons at 12 with either of the 2 top WR's in Williams/Davis...or maybe go after Cook or Fournette at RB there. THEN they can look at a QB with the first pick in the 2nd.

No surprise, most of that is pretty consistent with what I have been seeing from most sources. Despite some delusional dreams of grander things with Watson on this board, by most accounts he is outside the top 30 of prospects in this draft and usually the 3rd QB as well.

The dumbest thing Cleveland could do in this draft would be to draft any QB at number 1. Myles is hands down the best prospect in this draft and a major need for the talentless Browns too. If I am Cleveland, I run to the podium to take Myles (unless some team offers me a very good package to trade up to the top spot), look to land one of the offensive weapons at 12 with either of the 2 top WR's in Williams/Davis...or maybe go after Cook or Fournette at RB there. THEN they can look at a QB with the first pick in the 2nd.

Cleveland is in a good position with honestly a pretty stacked draft. I think you outlined out their draft fairly well actually.

I really wanted Hooker, but he will be gone way before us at #10. I expect a QB to get drafted before our pick @10, but if Kizer is there I honestly would not be surprised; I am not in love with him though...

I get very skeptical of a QB when the highlights of his scouting report are about his size, athleticism and "tools". I don't care about your arm strength or ability to see over defenders if you can't deliver the ball accurately and on time.

With that said, I'd love to get Adams, Davis or Foster on this team.

Me either

Nor me... some tools but a major project. I have finally got round to watching some Mahomes tape tonight. I am going to work on a post hopefully by the weekend that summarises my view evaluations on Watson, Trubisky, Kizer and Mahomes.

I already know plenty will flame away at me but I want to put what I see when I watch each of them on record.

Nor me... some tools but a major project. I have finally got round to watching some Mahomes tape tonight. I am going to work on a post hopefully by the weekend that summarises my view evaluations on Watson, Trubisky, Kizer and Mahomes.

I already know plenty will flame away at me but I want to put what I see when I watch each of them on record.

Gives me a few days to get some insults primed. Thanks for the warning.

I'm probably going to end up pushing a very lonely bandwagon for Kizer and I'm cool with that. It really just comes down to what you think is fixable with him and I think his biggest issues should be fixable in the right environment (ie. if David Lee does one and we get a proper QB coach). All starts with his feet and that should be most of his rookie year taken up. Basic fielding/bowling drills when I was a kid taught me that your front foot needs to align with the target and Kizer typically sails it because he's not aligned and tries to compensate with his arm.

Conceptual level, he's a smart kid. He's capable of multiple progressions, can throw with anticipation. He's far from perfect but I can see a path to him being a decent QB. Would've liked him to stay in school but he really needed to get away from Brian Kelly at the same time. Calling him a 1st round QB is a stretch but I'd take him at #42 in a heartbeat.

You would make a lousy politician!

Gives me a few days to get some insults primed. Thanks for the warning.

I'm probably going to end up pushing a very lonely bandwagon for Kizer and I'm cool with that. It really just comes down to what you think is fixable with him and I think his biggest issues should be fixable in the right environment (ie. if David Lee does one and we get a proper QB coach). All starts with his feet and that should be most of his rookie year taken up. Basic fielding/bowling drills when I was a kid taught me that your front foot needs to align with the target and Kizer typically sails it because he's not aligned and tries to compensate with his arm.

Conceptual level, he's a smart kid. He's capable of multiple progressions, can throw with anticipation. He's far from perfect but I can see a path to him being a decent QB. Would've liked him to stay in school but he really needed to get away from Brian Kelly at the same time. Calling him a 1st round QB is a stretch but I'd take him at #42 in a heartbeat.

Good synopsis. Seems like he's at least a year or 2 from being ready to play. A rich man's Cardale.

Good synopsis. Seems like he's at least a year or 2 from being ready to play. A rich man's Cardale.

I expected much more this year, but was disappointed. Didn't see that much, but expected more. Time will tell.

I think every QB in this class needs a redshirt year, honestly. All of the top guys have flaws that could be exposed if thrown into the fire. Ultimately, one or two will play early and it'll be up to them to adjust. Watson has the big game experience, Mahomes has that don't give a !@#$ attitude, I think they'd be the best candidates to play in Year 1.

With Cardale, I never really saw anything that tied in to his inaccurate throws (why I refer to him as "fundamentally inaccurate"). With Kizer, it's 95% down to lazy feet. The kid might never solve the issue but that's the beauty of being this distanced from the situation, hard to find out about a work ethic.

sounds like if we want watson or trubisky they could very well be there at 10.

They should also be available at 10 in round 2. Neither is worth a first round pick. But they won't. Some team will reach for them in the first pushing the true talent down the draft order.

No reason to reach on a QB. Sit tight and let a top level safety or CB fall to them at 10. Or depending on what they do in FA take the second best WR as Williams probably is a top 3 pick.

i might have to go back and watch kizer. i watched almost every game and i didnt see an nfl qb.

You don't have to go back. He was really that bad. Never draft a guy that high on potential, especially a quarterback. If he was good then he would have been good in college

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf51362710-sf51362710&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Garret Rated #1

Hooker #2

Hooker is a tall, rangy safety prospect with incredible instincts. He usually lines up as the high safety and he has an uncanny ability to anticipate throws, drive on the ball, and finish. He is ultra-fluid in his change of direction and has the ability to match up with tight ends in man coverage. He has the best ball skills of any safety I've ever evaluated in college. He is also a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Against the run, he is quick to key, read and fill the alley. He does have some fly-by missed tackles, but overall he's reliable in this area. Hooker has the potential to be one of the league's best safeties very early in his NFL career.

Kizer QB #15,

Kizer has a big, sturdy frame for the position and above-average athleticism. He operates from the shotgun and is very comfortable playing inside the pocket. He holds the ball shoulder high and has a nice, smooth throwing motion. He can make every throw with minimum strain. He can drive the ball into tight windows and he flashes the touch to make intermediate throws over linebackers and under safeties. He does have some mechanical issues at times, falling off throws, which can affect his ball placement. I love his poise in the pocket but he needs to speed up his clock at times. He takes some unnecessary sacks. When he does decide to run, he has sneaky quickness and can power through tacklers to pick up extra yardage. He racked up 18 rushing touchdowns over his two seasons as a starter. Overall, Kizer isn't a finished product but he has all of the desired tools to eventually develop into a solid starting NFL quarterback.

Trubisky #31

Trubisky, a junior, was only a one-year starter for the Tar Heels. He has average height and a thick, square build for the position. He operates in the shotgun and has quick feet in his setup. He has excellent pocket feel and awareness. He has a dip-whip delivery and he generates enough velocity to make all of the necessary throws. He is an anticipation thrower who shows the ability to read the entire field. His accuracy is good, but not great. He has some easy misses on simple underneath throws. He is a very good athlete and throws well on the move to both sides. He is effective on designed QB runs. Overall, Trubisky doesn't have a lot of experience but he has NFL starting ability.

Watson #32

Watson has average height and a lean, muscular build for the position. He operates in the shotgun. I love his poise, playmaking ability and intangibles. He holds the ball by his ear and has a smooth, quick delivery. He has enough arm strength to make all of the throws. His accuracy has been very inconsistent, especially on the deep ball. He has some bad misses on tape. He does show the ability to quickly work through progressions and stay poised in the pocket. His decision-making has been another area that needs improvement. He really struggled with red-zone interceptions in his final season. He is a very effective runner. He is slithery to avoid tacklers and has shown outstanding toughness both as a runner and in the pocket. Overall, I think Watson has a lot of upside at the position but his accuracy issues and decision-making are concerns

Kizer is garbage, this yrs QBs blow

What I want more than anything out of a drafted QB is on-field awareness/intelligence. One that can go through full progressions quickly and find the right receiver on passing plays. Done with draftees like Manual with whom the OC has to cut the field in half for them because they can only make one read.