Dan Jeremiah Top 50 prospects in draft Kizer#1 QB

Reed83HOF

On the QB, I said it could be a net gain or loss of cap $s depending on whether they bring in a caretaker or someone like Brees/Romo.

By moving on, you're suggesting that we pick up a caretaker who will save from $9-$6 million. That could pay for Woods and a cheap FA or two, but who's the caretaker QB?

If you go Brees or Romo; load up and renegotiate contracts to give you cap space and a window for the next 3 years. If not; use the savings to resign Woods as you suggest, resign Gilmore & draft WR/S/T in RD1/2/3 and punt the high QB pick to next year. What you end up with is a garbage QB like Foles/Hoyer for a couple seasons and I bet we are still a 6-7 win team. TT with his contract and a little less talent will still be a 6-7 win team IMO...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go Brees or Romo; load up and renegotiate contracts to give you cap space and a window for the next 3 years. If not; use the savings to resign Woods as you suggest, resign Gilmore & draft WR/S/T in RD1/2/3 and punt the high QB pick to next year. What you end up with is a garbage QB like Foles/Hoyer for a couple seasons and I bet we are still a 6-7 win team. TT with his contract and a little less talent will still be a 6-7 win team IMO...

If they stayed with the same type of offense, they would do better with tt, but it doesn't seem that will be the case.