Dan Jeremiah Top 50 prospects in draft Kizer#1 QB

Reed83HOF

You don't have to go back. He was really that bad. Never draft a guy that high on potential, especially a quarterback. If he was good then he would have been good in college

i even watched a lot of the games with the local nd fan club and none of them said he would make it the nfl. the general consensus was he would make 3 great plays for every 7 bad plays.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i might have to go back and watch kizer. i watched almost every game and i didnt see an nfl qb.

He can make every throw, he is a good QB. I am not sure if he is a special WB but he will probably be an average QB with a good HC. ( the one in ND sucks!)

I hope we take the top safety prospect ! Or the WR from Clemson !!

Arron Williams is talking about coming back which for the kind of player & person he is i would love to see it but the Bills can't afford another season with him taking a hit in the second game & our starter being on the bench or IR for the rest of the season !!

R.Woods will probably get a lot more $ than the Bills are willing to offer so we will need another #2 WR which this kid projects as a #1 so that would have to #1 WR's & both would be from Clemson ...

Time to move on from A. Williams even though i wish he could stay healthy !!!

Edited by T master

What I want more than anything out of a drafted QB is on-field awareness/intelligence. One that can go through full progressions quickly and find the right receiver on passing plays. Done with draftees like Manual with whom the OC has to cut the field in half for them because they can only make one read.

AND has a high consistent accuracy percentage throughout his college career

Edited by ddaryl

My post from other thread on this:

I watched a good amount of ND games and Kizer did absolutely nothing in those games which made me come away thinking he would be a top NFL QB. Same with Miami and Kayaa. These guys may have the "tools" and "biggest upside" but to me, if you can't pass the initial visual test of watching them play then you should not even be in consideration for a first round pick. I will say this though in the ND games, I often found myself saying "why do they keep running the ball all game when it is going no where." Not sure why Kelly didn't open it up more for Kizer is it Kelly's fault or did he just not trust him? Finally, a huge red flag to me is any college QB with a completion % below 60 in their final year. Even more so if they showed regression which Kizer did. If you can't hit 60% in college how are you going to be effective in the NFL?

Give me Kizer or Kaaya.

I'm really glad you are not making the selection on draft day.

I watched a good amount of ND games and Kizer did absolutely nothing in those games which made me come away thinking he would be a top NFL QB. Same with Miami and Kayaa. These guys may have the "tools" and "biggest upside" but to me, if you can't pass the initial visual test of watching them play then you should not even be in consideration for a first round pick. I will say this though in the ND games, I often found myself saying "why do they keep running the ball all game when it is going no where." Not sure why Kelly didn't open it up more for Kizer is it Kelly's fault or did he just not trust him? Finally, a huge red flag to me is any college QB with a completion % below 60 in their final year. Even more so if they showed regression which Kizer did. If you can't hit 60% in college how are you going to be effective in the NFL?

The question the Bills should be asking themselves with each of these QBs in the draft is "Is he more ready than Cardale Jones?" and "Does he have as much upside as Cardale?" If the answer to either of these questions is "no", then what's the point? I'm not opposed to drafting another QB this year, but we need to find out if the guy we already have can play, and drafting another QB will reduce Cardale's opportunities. There is no sense drafting a QB every year if you're not going to give him a chance to develop and play and find out what you already have.

Edited by mannc

Whatever happens, I have no faith that this team will make the right selection in the draft. Will Whaley draft to help the new HC with his 4-3 defense or help the offense. So many free agents and if the team pays and Keeps Tyrod it puts a limit on what the team can spend to keep it's own players.

QB, WR, RT, S, CB ?

The QB class is weak this year... why I can see some team being stupid and trading to much for either a broken down old QB (like Roman) or a QB who showed ability to excel in limited action (like Jimmy G. Or the Steelers backup Landry Jones) my gutt says at least one crazy trade for a backup happens during or just before the draft.

I am an ND fan and watched every game Kizer has played in. I wouldn't take him in the 1st. That's just me. Is he the best QB in this class? Sure, I can see it. 6'4", 235lbs, cannon arm, shows well in clutch moments, and seems to have a decent enough head on his shoulders. You talk about his completion percentage this year? Yes, he did seem to try to force things at times. His receivers also dropped at least 20 catchable passes, if not more. Say you add 20 completions? That alone brings his percentage up to 64%. His OL was also horrendous. For all of the 4 and 5 star recruits Kelly gets on the OL he sure doesn't do sh*t with them. I am of the crowd who can't stand Kelly. His offense is unimaginative, he makes no in game adjustments, terrible play caller, terrible game plans, terrible schematics, and I just generally think the guy is a douche for throwing his kids under the bus at every given opportunity. The reason I wouldn't take him in the first is because his field vision worries me a bit. I remember seeing wide open guys out there and him not even looking their way. I don't know if it was what the play called for, bad game planning, or that he can only read the primary side of the field. Now some of that could have to do with how bad the OL was or he could have slow eyes. Either way the NFL is even faster and he will have to get up to speed. If he doesn't he will not be anything more than a backup. He reminds me of Josh Freeman, but without the off the field issues.

Edited by H2o

Whatever happens, I have no faith that this team will make the right selection in the draft. Will Whaley draft to help the new HC with his 4-3 defense or help the offense. So many free agents and if the team pays and Keeps Tyrod it puts a limit on what the team can spend to keep it's own players.

QB, WR, RT, S, CB ?

This is why I am more towards the blow it up and let TT go; the money is too damn tight. To try build around TT this next year and expect better results; with a whole new coaching staff, plus I would anticipate a few more holes on the roster thinks we push and still hit 7-9 or 8-8 and we end up in the same place after next season with Kyle, Graham, Richie, Wood, Hughes et al. getting a year older...But to stay on topic with this thread...

At #10 we have to draft an impact player (WR,CB,S - Hooker/Adams) or be prepared to develop a QB; who won't start week 1. Do you trade back and hope to grab a QB, if one is there, or do you draft your guy to make sure Chi, SF, CLE, or NYJ don't trade back in front of us? In round 2 it is almost a certainty that QBs go to those teams...You also might be able to mitigate CB, if you re-sign Gilmore - otherwise we are simply filling a hole and not improving.

Edge Rusher would be nice and might very well be BPA for us; not sure it is really a need though and that is where it gets tough - take BPA or trade back and hope you don't lose your guy....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf51362710-sf51362710&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Garret Rated #1

Hooker #2

Hooker is a tall, rangy safety prospect with incredible instincts. He usually lines up as the high safety and he has an uncanny ability to anticipate throws, drive on the ball, and finish. He is ultra-fluid in his change of direction and has the ability to match up with tight ends in man coverage. He has the best ball skills of any safety I've ever evaluated in college. He is also a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Against the run, he is quick to key, read and fill the alley. He does have some fly-by missed tackles, but overall he's reliable in this area. Hooker has the potential to be one of the league's best safeties very early in his NFL career.

Kizer QB #15,

Kizer has a big, sturdy frame for the position and above-average athleticism. He operates from the shotgun and is very comfortable playing inside the pocket. He holds the ball shoulder high and has a nice, smooth throwing motion. He can make every throw with minimum strain. He can drive the ball into tight windows and he flashes the touch to make intermediate throws over linebackers and under safeties. He does have some mechanical issues at times, falling off throws, which can affect his ball placement. I love his poise in the pocket but he needs to speed up his clock at times. He takes some unnecessary sacks. When he does decide to run, he has sneaky quickness and can power through tacklers to pick up extra yardage. He racked up 18 rushing touchdowns over his two seasons as a starter. Overall, Kizer isn't a finished product but he has all of the desired tools to eventually develop into a solid starting NFL quarterback.

Trubisky #31

Trubisky, a junior, was only a one-year starter for the Tar Heels. He has average height and a thick, square build for the position. He operates in the shotgun and has quick feet in his setup. He has excellent pocket feel and awareness. He has a dip-whip delivery and he generates enough velocity to make all of the necessary throws. He is an anticipation thrower who shows the ability to read the entire field. His accuracy is good, but not great. He has some easy misses on simple underneath throws. He is a very good athlete and throws well on the move to both sides. He is effective on designed QB runs. Overall, Trubisky doesn't have a lot of experience but he has NFL starting ability.

Watson #32

Watson has average height and a lean, muscular build for the position. He operates in the shotgun. I love his poise, playmaking ability and intangibles. He holds the ball by his ear and has a smooth, quick delivery. He has enough arm strength to make all of the throws. His accuracy has been very inconsistent, especially on the deep ball. He has some bad misses on tape. He does show the ability to quickly work through progressions and stay poised in the pocket. His decision-making has been another area that needs improvement. He really struggled with red-zone interceptions in his final season. He is a very effective runner. He is slithery to avoid tacklers and has shown outstanding toughness both as a runner and in the pocket. Overall, I think Watson has a lot of upside at the position but his accuracy issues and decision-making are concerns

Thanks for this

QB, WR, RT, S, CB ?

I don't think the salary cap is an issue with the Tyrod decision. According to Spotrac, the Bills are $31 million under the cap including his contract. If the Williams brothers retire, that gives them another $10 million.

Regardless, Tyrod's cap hit is $16 million this year, and if they move on, they will need to bring in someone else--a big name will cost more than a caretaker, so there could be a net cap gain or loss at the QB position.

The salary cap is NOT the reason they will move on from TT.

I don't think the salary cap is an issue with the Tyrod decision. According to Spotrac, the Bills are $31 million under the cap including his contract. If the Williams brothers retire, that gives them another $10 million.

Regardless, Tyrod's cap hit is $16 million this year, and if they move on, they will need to bring in someone else--a big name will cost more than a caretaker, so there could be a net cap gain or loss at the QB position.

The salary cap is NOT the reason they will move on from TT.

You are also assuming that they spend = or more money on a QB. I would expect them to short it with a $7-$10 million option.Also if Kyle retires, that is another spot that needs to be filled; hopefully Washington/Worthy can fill it. We had 24 FAs; just to re-sign/replace them will take a good chunk of cap; and that will be without upgrading the talent....It really isn't that much money...

Edited by Reed83HOF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf51362710-sf51362710&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Garret Rated #1

Hooker #2

Hooker is a tall, rangy safety prospect with incredible instincts. He usually lines up as the high safety and he has an uncanny ability to anticipate throws, drive on the ball, and finish. He is ultra-fluid in his change of direction and has the ability to match up with tight ends in man coverage. He has the best ball skills of any safety I've ever evaluated in college. He is also a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Against the run, he is quick to key, read and fill the alley. He does have some fly-by missed tackles, but overall he's reliable in this area. Hooker has the potential to be one of the league's best safeties very early in his NFL career.

Kizer QB #15,

Kizer has a big, sturdy frame for the position and above-average athleticism. He operates from the shotgun and is very comfortable playing inside the pocket. He holds the ball shoulder high and has a nice, smooth throwing motion. He can make every throw with minimum strain. He can drive the ball into tight windows and he flashes the touch to make intermediate throws over linebackers and under safeties. He does have some mechanical issues at times, falling off throws, which can affect his ball placement. I love his poise in the pocket but he needs to speed up his clock at times. He takes some unnecessary sacks. When he does decide to run, he has sneaky quickness and can power through tacklers to pick up extra yardage. He racked up 18 rushing touchdowns over his two seasons as a starter. Overall, Kizer isn't a finished product but he has all of the desired tools to eventually develop into a solid starting NFL quarterback.

Trubisky #31

Trubisky, a junior, was only a one-year starter for the Tar Heels. He has average height and a thick, square build for the position. He operates in the shotgun and has quick feet in his setup. He has excellent pocket feel and awareness. He has a dip-whip delivery and he generates enough velocity to make all of the necessary throws. He is an anticipation thrower who shows the ability to read the entire field. His accuracy is good, but not great. He has some easy misses on simple underneath throws. He is a very good athlete and throws well on the move to both sides. He is effective on designed QB runs. Overall, Trubisky doesn't have a lot of experience but he has NFL starting ability.

Watson #32

Watson has average height and a lean, muscular build for the position. He operates in the shotgun. I love his poise, playmaking ability and intangibles. He holds the ball by his ear and has a smooth, quick delivery. He has enough arm strength to make all of the throws. His accuracy has been very inconsistent, especially on the deep ball. He has some bad misses on tape. He does show the ability to quickly work through progressions and stay poised in the pocket. His decision-making has been another area that needs improvement. He really struggled with red-zone interceptions in his final season. He is a very effective runner. He is slithery to avoid tacklers and has shown outstanding toughness both as a runner and in the pocket. Overall, I think Watson has a lot of upside at the position but his accuracy issues and decision-making are concerns

And for the Mahomes crowd, not even listed in the top 50.

I'm all aboard the 'draft a QB' train, and this looks like a year to do it all things considered. We need one, they're cheap as opposed to FA, and you might strike gold once in a while.

Those are just the two I like, but I'm no QB guru or anything...I liked Wentz the most last year, didn't see Prescott coming and didn't like Goff at all FWIW.

And for the Mahomes crowd, not even listed in the top 50.

This is just an early ranking; there will be some movement, but if it is solely based off of game play - there shouldn't be too much movement since the games are over. I get nervous when you here so and so is moving up because of interviews, combines or pro-days etc. There will always be some discussion points on players and when compared between various people there will be a little difference as well.

What worries me with the QBs this year is that there are 5 teams with a need; once one goes it could easily start the panic mode and reaching...I don't see Mahomes as a first round guy unless there is a reach or if the top 3 which we all agree on who they are, are gone. Once one (Trubisky, Kizer, or Watson) goes, IMO, the other QB needy teams will panic for the next 2 and the remaining 2 teams will be jockeying for Kayaa/Mahomes. I just have the feeling this year that there will be panic and a scramble for the QBs.

The Browns need a QB, 49ers need a QB, Chi may pass, but they need a QB, the Jets need a QB, we need a QB.

You are also assuming that they spend = or more money on a QB. I would expect them to short it with a $7-$10 million option.Also if Kyle retires, that is another spot that needs to be filled; hopefully Washington/Worthy can fill it. We had 24 FAs; just to re-sign/replace them will take a good chunk of cap; and that will be without upgrading the talent....It really isn't that much money...

On the QB, I said it could be a net gain or loss of cap $s depending on whether they bring in a caretaker or someone like Brees/Romo.

By moving on, you're suggesting that we pick up a caretaker who will save from $9-$6 million. That could pay for Woods and a cheap FA or two, but who's the caretaker QB?

Edited by TPS