Rob Boras Te Coach

Reed83HOF

That intense hug between AVP and Aaron Rodgers Sunday post game seemed like a good-bye..just saying...it wasn't a great emotional game win hug -- it was I am so glad we got to work together hug... B-);)

Edited by JoeF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of you that this is odd to hire a TE coach before an OC but perhaps it's better to hire for each position individually rather than have a guy come in and say "ok, here's my list of coaches". Instead of guys getting hand-outs from old friends/collegues, the coaches are being hired based on the position they are interviewing for. Just my two cents. That being said I know nothing about the guy.

You want them to agree on philosophy and technique and such

McDermott is hiring very veteran coaches, some with coordinator or even HC experience. This will help him make the transition and, say if they keep Sanjay Lal, would help a young OC if that is the route he chooses.

I do hope the Bills give serious consideration to retaining Lal. The WRs seem to think the world of him

@buffalobills

Rob Boras has signed on as our tight ends coach. More on the former Rams offensive coordinator: http://bufbills.co/pBo3Jq

C2Z6yNKXAAQ6XPJ.jpg

His Rams offense put up 19 points and moved the ball well on an Aaron Williams lead defense!!!........he must be an exceptional offensive mind. :thumbsup:

I keeeeeed but I do like the experience.

Will he bring his dragon glass to Winterfell?

Stop it! You're making me bust a stitch. And it hurts!! :w00t:

I do hope the Bills give serious consideration to retaining Lal. The WRs seem to think the world of him

Word.

I agree with most of you that this is odd to hire a TE coach before an OC but perhaps it's better to hire for each position individually rather than have a guy come in and say "ok, here's my list of coaches". Instead of guys getting hand-outs from old friends/collegues, the coaches are being hired based on the position they are interviewing for. Just my two cents. That being said I know nothing about the guy.

Agree

This is pretty odd hiring these before the OC. Since they still don't have an OC in place, I still think they want to hire someone from one of the playoff teams and aren't saying anything to avoid getting in any trouble.

Tampering maybe? Winks, smiles and nods all around?

Wouldnt you think we'd hire an OC before offensive position coaches? So he can have some say?

I agree. You'd want to make sure there's good chemistry between the OC and the offensive position coaches, and some philosophical alignment.

And I've got to imagine a position coach would really want to know who the coordinator was before taking a job.

So a lot of us are guessing the OC has already been decided and is in fact involved.

But who knows?