Rapsheet: Cowboys priority is trade Romo. Not to Broncos

dezertbill

Do you think what these teams offer will play into thier decision at all?

We lost out on Alex Smith because even though we offered the same, the Cheaps pick was earlier than ours so the Whiners went with it. Wasn't just because they don't like the Bills.

IMO, much different situation than Alex Smith.

I think with the exception perhaps a few Jerry Jones "veto" teams......like possibly Houston......Romo and his agent basically will decide where he goes.

Nobody is trading a #1 and really can't envision anyone trading a #2 pick for Romo either.

He is damaged goods.......might be a later pick that can be upgraded based on team success.

To me.....LA Rams would seem like a good fit for all parties involved.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as pessimistic as they come, but the Bills are easily 2nd on that list of plausible options.

Houston - they are stuck with Brock for at least another year barring they hit the lotto on a drafted QB. They can't take on another big QB contract.

LA - they just picked a QB at 1st overall. They are committed to finding out about him for at least another year or two.

NY Jets - questionable OL, older receivers, Forte is 31. Whats their offense? Whose is their OC?

Buffalo - Sammy Watkins and McCoy. Charles Clay is good. Pretty good OL. Could potentially draft another target at 10.

Denver - they are the clear favourite for Romo if he wants to go there and they want him.

Report says Denver not interested.

Rams have Goff and they'll want him to play not sit . Romo wants to start.

Bears, 49ers and Jets have nowhere near the talent the Bills have.

That's leaves Texans and Bills.

Edited by dezertbill

His back is held together with rubber bands and paper maché. No thanks.

It's such a roll of the die. Romo might last the entire season. He might not even last preseason. The risks are huge.

Although there's no doubt in my mind that Romo is a better QB, I'd also rather bring Tyrod back.

minny might be a choice. real good defense and could have a lot of space releasing ap and bradford.

Good call.......forgot about them.

Playing in a dome is a plus for an injury riddled QB like Romo.

But I think playing in a division against Rodgers and GB is a deterrent.

I'd still think sunny SoCal in a weakening division would be tempting for the fragile fella'.

Yeah they have Goff in development but I'd think Kroenke would welcome a winning season......they've actually been worse than the Bills over the past decade and are trying to develop a fanbase in a now competitive market........ and Goff could afford to sit and learn behind a very good veteran.

Good call.......forgot about them.

Playing in a dome is a plus for an injury riddled QB like Romo.

But I think playing in a division against Rodgers and GB is a deterrent.

I'd still think sunny SoCal in a weakening division would be tempting for the fragile fella'.

Yeah they have Goff in development but I'd think Kroenke would welcome a winning season......they've actually been worse than the Bills over the past decade and are trying to develop a fanbase in a now competitive market........ and Goff could afford to sit and learn behind a very good veteran.

they need to sell tickets. they have austin, gurley, and wade fixing the defense. plus a ton of cap space.

IMO, much different situation than Alex Smith.

I think with the exception perhaps a few Jerry Jones "veto" teams......like possibly Houston......Romo and his agent basically will decide where he goes.

Nobody is trading a #1 and really can't envision anyone trading a #2 pick for Romo either.

He is damaged goods.......might be a later pick that can be upgraded based on team success.

To me.....LA Rams would seem like a good fit for all parties involved.

The Rams have to let Goff develop and are unlikely to bring Romo in. The only other place that might have interest is the Browns. A dark horse here could be Jacksonville if the Jaguars decide that Bortles is NOT the guy

That's all you would get.

Yep...

Ouch is correct. 3 x times left collarbone

Romo was a very good QB at one time...He probably could be again by the grace of God...or something like that...But at this point the guy gets breathed on wrong and he's going to break...He'll be 37 in April and he has taken a ton of big hits...I honestly can't understand why any Bills fan would even consider it for a minute...The odds of him playing a full season at this point are astronomical... B-)

Adding Romo to a roster undergoing a serious rebuild is foolish. Also Romo isn't durable or reliable to be the long term answer. Think back to McDermotts interview with Chris Brown and even Whaley's interview. There appears to be more of an emphasis on a long term sustainable vision or plan going forward. I don't see how pursuing a 37 year old with a bad back goes with that thinkkng.

Yep...

Romo was a very good QB at one time...He probably could be again by the grace of God...or something like that...But at this point the guy gets breathed on wrong and he's going to break...He'll be 37 in April and he has taken a ton of big hits...I honestly can't understand why any Bills fan would even consider it for a minute...The odds of him playing a full season at this point are astronomical... B-)

because having a real NFL passer is what it takes to win in this League. My plan would be to trade for Romo and bring in Hoyer as the backup, who I think would be excellent in that position, and then draft another and see how he and Cardale develop.

Now that Dallas is out Jerry can start looking towards the offseason and get Romo traded to us hopefully.

Adding Romo to a roster undergoing a serious rebuild is foolish. Also Romo isn't durable or reliable to be the long term answer. Think back to McDermotts interview with Chris Brown and even Whaley's interview. There appears to be more of an emphasis on a long term sustainable vision or plan going forward. I don't see how pursuing a 37 year old with a bad back goes with that thinkkng.

Rebuild? Whaley said we are close B-) .

I think if we get the right offense, QB and weapons we will be in the playoffs.