Lazy, unmotivated,big mouth players are in Big Trouble

HOUSE

Lazy? Unmotivated? Big mouthed? I can't name a single player on the Bills that are any of those things. I know you are hinting at Dareus but he is none of those things. Immature and a bit of a knucklehead? Okay. But lazy, unmotivated, big mouthed? I believe you have confused Dareus with Rex, Rob and their Club Bums associates. Or maybe the Buff News reporters.

I challenge you to name a single player who matches your description.

Dareus

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dead money on Dareus' contract means in theory their highest paid player ain't going anywhere. I suspect McDermott and Frazier will try to get him to buy into their scheme.

Still would have been nice if Whaley and Overdorf had put a clause in their about the guaranteed money, but this is Whaley we're talking about.

I find it amusing when fans presume a player won't give full effort once he has guaranteed money in his pocket.

Tell me, how much money do you believe an average cashier steals from the register each year?

Who has Hughes influenced negatively as a bad role model?

Everyone. He is the veteran guy he should be a leader and a role model. Missing the team bus and laughing about it, apparently showing up late to meetings or falling asleep, we are all aware of the personal fouls on game day and the arguing with coaches. This guy is no leader

And don't get me started on Dareus. One of the highest paid defensive players ever and he smokes weed and shows up out of shape. Serious lack of motivation. They need someone to kick them in the you know what when they slack off. We need leadership on this team badly

I find it amusing when fans presume a player won't give full effort once he has guaranteed money in his pocket.

Tell me, how much money do you believe an average cashier steals from the register each year?

You don't have to presume it will happen, you can assume it's possible, as it certainly happens.

And your cashier comparison is off the wall...

Am I the only one who thinks we as fans have a lack of evidence to call someone lazy and unmotivated. I mean I'm not at the practice facility, the workout room, the medical rooms. If you want to blast Dareus for his Selfishness, or Hughes for undiscilplined personal fouls, I get that. I'd still believe that with good, accountable coaching that could be fixed quickly.

Exactly my point...accountability means a lot

If McD does what he says he's going to do, the situation will rectify itself.

I remember the scuttlebutt over Coughlin fining or suspending Strahan because he was late for meetings. Strahan became one of Coughlin's biggest supporters, and a team leader. Players will either adapt or they'll be gone.

Pretty lame that the OP didnt post his list.

My guess is as good as Joe Dirt:

Dareus: No focus, loves the weed, douchebag

Gilmore: Blames others, cant tackle, and has a high hairline

Hughes: Argued with Rob, Argued with Marrone, takes stupid penalties, see ya

Clay: Just mellow guy, happy to be making the money given to him. Non Factor in the years he's been here

Watlkins: Throws others under the bus, selfish and one talented mofo. Keep him and give him 10 targets per game.

Woods; Way overrated, non factor, slow as molasses.

These are just guesses. I have no clue really.

I'd be interested in hearing your answer.

A pro player making the lifetime salary of 1000 wage earners in a few years may not feel the need to produce maximum effort after "getting paid".....

....is like a minimum wha cashier tipping the till every now and then?

What answer do you want except that there is no discernible analogy there which makes whatever point you're trying to make?

Your days in a Buffalo Uniform are over, I have no doubt Sean McDermott will weed you out,consult with Whaley then DUMP.Sammy Watkins made it clear the Bills have some problem players that need to be dumped...Some are BIG mouthed players,they yap to the media and other NFL players around the league...the Bills know who they are...I don't want to spoil your fun but I can easily name 6.Give me your listHint: Some are extremely talented but are clearly un interested in hard work.They talk a big game but rarely produce anything. This DOES EFFECT THE OTHER PLAYERSAnother hint: After 2 days of training camp they are on the bench with some kind of groin injury...usually a tweak...lolNever fails. We blame the trainers but in reality, some are just lazy fakers...Just something to keep in mind, some players drop in the draft because of locker room problems and lack of effort.I my opinion, the Bills have at least 6.....NAME themNote: Do you know who the hardest working players on the Bills were over the last 5 years???Chris Hogan & Scott Chandler. Both ended up on the Patriots...do you see the connection??..

yes the pats like try hard underskilled white guys at wide receivers

Darius could be an issue. He had issues with Marrone . He needs to mature. I think his deal is immaturity not effort

A pro player making the lifetime salary of 1000 wage earners in a few years may not feel the need to produce maximum effort after "getting paid".....

....is like a minimum wha cashier tipping the till every now and then?

What answer do you want except that there is no discernible analogy there which makes whatever point you're trying to make?

Sadly I have to agree with WEO. The cashier is blatantly stealing. A player not giving his or her full effort is just lazy, unmotivated, doesn't care, but not technically stealing. No law against being a slacker.

The personnel move that defined Greggo's failure the most was the release of Big Ted Washington.

Greggo didn't want no fat guys.

Washington had restructured the year before and said there would be no more restructuring.

Sans Big Ted the run defense went from great to horrendous and two years later they were signing Fat Sam Adams to fill the void while TW was turning the Bears defense into a 13-3 force then dominating for the back-to-back SB winning Pats teams.

Coaches at the pro level need to do whatever it takes to get production out of players.........trying to force it out of them or cutting them for junk that can't do the job is something any idiot can do.

Everyone. He is the veteran guy he should be a leader and a role model. Missing the team bus and laughing about it, apparently showing up late to meetings or falling asleep, we are all aware of the personal fouls on game day and the arguing with coaches. This guy is no leader

And don't get me started on Dareus. One of the highest paid defensive players ever and he smokes weed and shows up out of shape. Serious lack of motivation. They need someone to kick them in the you know what when they slack off. We need leadership on this team badly

I agree that Hughes has his issues but to say he's influenced others to do the same can't be proven. I also agree that we lack enough player leadership. I think Rex was an absolute disaster at leading from the top. However before we agree to purge all our good players - who played fantastic under Schwartz - let's see if the respond to our new coach.

Edited by Triple Threat