Marrone Wants Crossman as the Jags' ST Coach

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to know if he has ever had the team practice onside kicks. It doesn't appear that way and that's going back to 2014.

His units always look incredibly unprepared for situational football (and his fill ins unprepared for basics)

You give him enough elite teams guys and they do it without coaching though as we saw when he got boobie, graham, Easley, etc... who were all good at their jobs before him

Get him better players. Bye Carp and Schmidt.

so much of special teams is coaching with it often being a revolving door of players and then kickers constantly being fine tuned for specialties.

i dont get how HCs like this dude so much.

Get him better players. Bye Carp and Schmidt.

At one point Schmidt was truly good...Carp has always been streaky, so while I sincerely hope Carp is out the door for a more reliable kicker, I'm not of the opinion that Schmidt needs to be kicking someone else's balls elsewhere...

His units always look incredibly unprepared for situational football (and his fill ins unprepared for basics)

You give him enough elite teams guys and they do it without coaching though as we saw when he got boobie, graham, Easley, etc... who were all good at their jobs before him

so much of special teams is coaching with it often being a revolving door of players and then kickers constantly being fine tuned for specialties.

We had Tate, Lorax, Humber, etc. this year who can also be called "elite" teams guys. I get the feeling, a little, that the coverage units suffered on account of poor kicking and punting. But then even with Gay back we had some issues with coverage. I still feel as though last year's issues were an outlier for Crossman in his time here so we can give him another shot.

How does Crossman get away with this? He is TERRIBLE at his job but for some reason always has a job.

In addition to routinely having units at the bottom of the league......ittle known Danny Crossman fact:

Only ST coach to have his unit give up both punt and kickoff return TD's in back to back games since the invention of the leather helmet. :lol:

How do you justify firing ANYONE and keeping Crossman. :doh::lol:

Edited by #BADOL

No its not.

yea, throwing guys on the field to do roles they have potentially never done has little to do with coaches prepping them for new roles on short notice.

a special teams TD occurs in roughly 3% of games in an entire NFL season.

ST coordinators are so overrated.

If you have a good kicker and good punter you are considered a good ST coordinator.

Edited by CountDorkula

Let him go! Addition by subtraction for us; subtraction by addition for Jax.

Keeping him to spite Marrone is really cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Perhaps McDermott thinks out of the box.

ADDING Danny Crosshairs to his new staff gives him someone to logically SUBTRACT if things don't go well next season. :flirt:

Optimism......I hyaz it. :beer:

In addition to routinely having units at the bottom of the league......ittle known Danny Crossman fact:

Only ST coach to have his unit give up both punt and kickoff return TD's in back to back games since the invention of the leather helmet. :lol:

How do you justify firing ANYONE and keeping Crossman. :doh::lol:

If I were a player or coach, I would hire Danny Crossman's agent. He has carved out a career for a guy that is consistently bad at his job. He is on his 3rd regime here with lackluster results.

If I were a player or coach, I would hire Danny Crossman's agent. He has carved out a career for a guy that is consistently bad at his job. He is on his 3rd regime here with lackluster results.

It's amazing plus his far below average NFL STs career with many teams before here!