• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah because McCoy never was a too end RB without Tyrod lol

It's not that as much as no team has averaged as many yards per carry as the Bills this millennium. It's a function of the backs, the QB, the line, the coaching, etc... but the run game wasn't just good, it was historically good.

Remind me why a defensive guy can't be good?

I did not say that, but look I rather get an offensive coach with the strength of the team being offense with McCoy, Tyrod, Watkins, Clay to a lesser extent. I feel like anybody at this point would be able to coach the defense better than Rex did here. I just want a new direction with where the team is now, McDermott in my mind, doesn't really do that for me.

I did not say that, but look I rather get an offensive coach with the strength of the team being offense with McCoy, Tyrod, Watkins, Clay to a lesser extent. I feel like anybody at this point would be able to coach the defense better than Rex did here. I just want a new direction with where the team is now, McDermott in my mind, doesn't really do that for me.

A competent coach will be a new direction for this team. I'm cool with McDermott.

It's not that as much as no team has averaged as many yards per carry as the Bills this millennium. It's a function of the backs, the QB, the line, the coaching, etc... but the run game wasn't just good, it was historically good.

Exactly, and any decent qb could capitalize on that. Not saying we will have that guy next year, but Breeze, or Rivers wouLd be in heaven especially with Sammy outside

Edited by Bftvocal70

McCoy had a great year with Foles as his quarterback. And you can time Foles with a sun dial.

Edited by Doc

Don't count on that run game being the same without Tyrod.

Yup and I won't count on a worst in the NFL passing attack without him either. So if the running attack drops to 5th but passing attack jumps to at least middle of the pack it's easily worth the trade off.

Edited by Billsman623

Who knows how the coaching changes work out overall, but I doubt if the run game will be as productive in 2017.

That kind of success is hard to duplicate.

And, yeah, I know McCoy OC-ed the Broncos to the rushing crown one year. But implementing a new system takes time. And the old system with Tyrod forcing the DEs and OLBs to play contain helped open things up for McCoy and the other RBs. Whatever flaws he had, Roman was a guru at play-design and Lynn did well preparing the team and play-calling.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Yup and I won't count on a worst in the NFL passing attack without him either. So if the running attack drops to 5th but passing attack jumps to at least middle of the pack it's easily worth the trade off.

agree. I would readily give up the #1 rushing offense to obtain more balance and have a semblance of the passing threat. Can't consistently beat the good teams without both dimensions for defenses to have to stop.

I know it's like the only good thing Bills fans have to hang their hat on from this season, but it's too easy for good teams to beat you being so one-dimensional.

Edited by YoloinOhio

agree. I would readily give up the #1 rushing offense to obtain more balance and have a semblance of the passing threat. Can't consistently beat the good teams without both dimensions for defenses to have to stop.

Agreed. TT might be capable of it but if they have other options like the vets mentioned that's cool too.

McCoy had a great year with Foles as his quarterback. And you can time Foles with a sun dial.

But their rushing offense wasn't AS good as this Bills team. It doesn't mean that the Bills can't have a good rush offense without TT. At the same time we shouldn't expect it to be close to the 5.5 YPC and 28 TDs of this year.

I think that we have lost sight of HOW good the Bills running game was. The led the league in yards before contact running left, middle and right. It was historically great not just a solid year. I am just trying to add some perspective.

OK here is Chenelly and this may tie into jw's tweets about the "left field candidate" and the "Oh boy" and "Whaley lead search and Pegs final say" comments:

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 2h2 hours ago

#Bills HC search apparently ends where it started, w/ #McDermott. He nailed interview, but real interest in Keith Butler had been expressed.

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 2h2 hours ago

@anovakovsky80 Steelers defensive coordinator. Former player. Mentored by Dick LeBeau. Refused to interview until Pittsburgh is out.

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 1h1 hour ago

@ty_boe He's on the record saying he'd run whatever it takes to win.

@ingram40 The narrative that ownership is now again with McDermott is true.

@doncosimano No. He won't leave Steelers for anything less than perfect situation, whatever that is to him.

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 19m19 minutes ago

@Hogan8r I don't think so. He's legit, had a lot of success in Pittsburgh, former player, under Dick Lebeau.

Agreed. TT might be capable of it but if they have other options like the vets mentioned that's cool too.

i like the guy and I'm not dying to get rid of him but I haven't seen him progress enough over two years to think next year will be any different with his ability to throw in big situations. He's shown flashes but it's not enough to make me confident it will ever become consistent.

I know it's like the only good thing Bills fans have to hang their hat on from this season, but it's too easy for good teams to beat you being so one-dimensional.

I don't know if it is so much that it is hard to beat good teams as it is hard to come from behind. The elite running game plays to your benefit if you have the lead. It plays to your detriment if you get behind. The Oakland game is obviously a weird anomaly.